Weston McKennie

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20737
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Weston McKennie

Post by whiteswan »

Anonymous wrote: ↑Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:42 pm The judgement is inevitable because of his fee, and him not seeming to be fit, let alone be the creative midfield player we are crying out for.

English supporters, though, what do they know about an English club in an English league.

:roflmao:
You always say it as it is.....you are usually right. In this case you are so absolutely right!
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: Weston McKennie

Post by Kennyb41 »

Anonymous wrote: ↑Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:42 pm The judgement is inevitable because of his fee, and him not seeming to be fit, let alone be the creative midfield player we are crying out for.

English supporters, though, what do they know about an English club in an English league.

:roflmao:
Well i reckon the cant know fck all seeing as the vast so called knowledgeable supporters wanted a football genius ousted, twats.

Just met a French Marseille (don't know how to spell it b4 the spellong police twats jump all over me) supporter in a taxi whilst on my poker travels...convo went like :

" Where you from? "

" UK "

" Ahh, which team ? "

" Leeds in the main, but the only team i detest is Scum "

" Ahh Leeds " He says, and continues with " I'm a Bielsa lover, what he did to our players was unbelievable..." etc etc etc

I think you can ALL imagine the rest, suffice to say, we are now friends for life.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2911
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:34 pm

Re: Weston McKennie hit with a fever.

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Must have been man flu as he ain't playing with the real thing.🙄
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21204
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Weston McKennie hit with a fever.

Post by Jaydog »

Pampered footballers. Likkle sniffle. Makes me laugh. He’s supposed to be tough :roflmao:
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21204
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Weston McKennie hit with a fever.

Post by Jaydog »

Never know how much I love you
Never know how much I care
When you put your arms around me
I get a fever that's so hard to bear
You give me fever,
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: Weston McKennie hit with a fever.

Post by Kennyb41 »

Beechams hot lemon.

Soft fat twat.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155154
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Weston McKennie hit with a fever.

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:31 am Never know how much I love you
Never know how much I care
When you put your arms around me
I get a fever that's so hard to bear
You give me fever,
Sing it Peggy :whistle:
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21204
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Weston McKennie hit with a fever.

Post by Jaydog »

1964white wrote: ↑Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:37 am Sing it Peggy :whistle:
Saturday Night Fever?
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3687
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:18 pm

Re: Weston McKennie hit with a fever.

Post by Scoobychief »

Kennyb41 wrote: ↑Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:32 am Beechams hot lemon.

Soft fat twat.
Kennie please have some sympathy for fatty
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19693
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet

Re: Weston McKennie

Post by weasel »

Kennyb41 wrote: ↑Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:34 am Well i reckon the cant know fck all seeing as the vast so called knowledgeable supporters wanted a football genius ousted, twats.

Just met a French Marseille (don't know how to spell it b4 the spellong police twats jump all over me) supporter in a taxi whilst on my poker travels...convo went like :

" Where you from? "

" UK "

" Ahh, which team ? "

" Leeds in the main, but the only team i detest is Scum "

" Ahh Leeds " He says, and continues with " I'm a Bielsa lover, what he did to our players was unbelievable..." etc etc etc

I think you can ALL imagine the rest, suffice to say, we are now friends for life.
Don't suppose you asked him what he thought of Barry White did you?
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: Weston McKennie

Post by Kennyb41 »

weasel wrote: ↑Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:56 am Don't suppose you asked him what he thought of Barry White did you?
It did cross my mind yes, but i kept quiet when he said Bert was 'his first, his last and his everything'

A clever Frog, very hard to find.

I hope that's not racist.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
User avatar
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 13916
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:09 pm
Location: No Longer Lousiana - Southern Illinois

Re: Weston McKennie

Post by John in Louisiana »

Anonymous wrote: ↑Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:18 am A little bit tired of the, 'he played for Juventus so he must be good enough for you' line, from people who are only here to big up the American players.

Total lack of awareness of the different requirements of the two leagues, and the needs and best interests of Leeds United.
As opposed to those who are here only to tear down the American players.

The criticism of McKennie seems to be that he's not something he never was to begin with. He didn't score a lot of goals at Juventus, why should we expect him to score a lot of goals at Leeds? What he does he does very well and he's been a very good partner for Adams. With Adams, McKennie, Wober, and Koch in the center of our defense we were looking stronger there than we have in some time.

You may make the case that McKennie is not the player we should have spent 35 million on, but that's not his fault, and it doesn't make him a bad player.
User avatar
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 13916
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:09 pm
Location: No Longer Lousiana - Southern Illinois

Re: Weston McKennie

Post by John in Louisiana »

Anonymous wrote: ↑Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:57 pm Who is only here to tear down the American players? Where is your evidence that anyone is doing that?

Making the case that McKennie is not the player we should have spent 35 million on is exactly what I'm doing. I've never said it was his fault, or that he was a bad player. I said he was not up to Prem levels of fitness, which he isn't, and that I don't think he is the type of midfield player we should have signed. I hope we are able to let him go in the summer, and sign someone else.

I don't accept that, because he played for Juventus, he is therefore a level above what Leeds can expect to aspire to, nor do I accept that any concerns about his signing are due to the 'negativity' of English fans. By and large we are very supportive of our players, and give them every chance to succeed.
Where is your evidence that people are here only to pump up American players? English fans in general are not the problem. Particular English fans, however....... ;-)

I don't like McKennie because he's American, I like him because he's good. I see no evidence that he's not fit enough; he hasn't been spent at the end of games. Like you, I also don't make the assumption that, because he played at Juventus, he's a level above what Leeds can aspire to. At the same time, however, I recognize that being good enough to regularly be in the first eleven at Juventus makes him a very good player, indeed.

Saying we paid too much for McKennie is not an argument for getting rid of him, as you seem to suggest. If we can sell him for something close to 35 million then that would suggest we didn't overpay for him at all. If we want a more attacking-minded midfielder that's fine, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's McKennie who has to go. The question is, would we be a better team without him? The answer, at least for now, is clearly no. He absolutely belongs in the starting eleven, no matter how Javi chooses to line us up.
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: Weston McKennie

Post by Kennyb41 »

John in Louisiana wrote: ↑Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:23 pm As opposed to those who are here only to tear down the American players.

The criticism of McKennie seems to be that he's not something he never was to begin with. He didn't score a lot of goals at Juventus, why should we expect him to score a lot of goals at Leeds? What he does he does very well and he's been a very good partner for Adams. With Adams, McKennie, Wober, and Koch in the center of our defense we were looking stronger there than we have in some time.

You may make the case that McKennie is not the player we should have spent 35 million on, but that's not his fault, and it doesn't make him a bad player.
The fat ba***rd needs to get himself 100% fit, not 80% 90% or 99% but 100% fit, coz he's being paid a fcking lot of wonga, and he needs to show us he's gonna pull his socks up and get ready for a relegation battle.

There's a decent player in there who's striking me as half hearted/interested atm, now bust a gut ya fat twat and keep us up, i know it doesn't matter one jot to you if we go down, but i'll fcking top myself.

Especially if Clown A is still around, has he gone yet ?
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: Weston McKennie

Post by Kennyb41 »

John in Louisiana wrote: ↑Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:36 pm Where is your evidence that people are here only to pump up American players? English fans in general are not the problem. Particular English fans, however....... ;-)

I don't like McKennie because he's American, I like him because he's good. I see no evidence that he's not fit enough; he hasn't been spent at the end of games. Like you, I also don't make the assumption that, because he played at Juventus, he's a level above what Leeds can aspire to. At the same time, however, I recognize that being good enough to regularly be in the first eleven at Juventus makes him a very good player, indeed.

Saying we paid too much for McKennie is not an argument for getting rid of him, as you seem to suggest. If we can sell him for something close to 35 million then that would suggest we didn't overpay for him at all. If we want a more attacking-minded midfielder that's fine, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's McKennie who has to go. The question is, would we be a better team without him? The answer, at least for now, is clearly no. He absolutely belongs in the starting eleven, no matter how Javi chooses to line us up.
Well he damn well should be 'spent' at the end of games.

Oh yeah, you suggest our defence and our 'not conceding' is better now, at the expense of what ?
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
User avatar
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 13916
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:09 pm
Location: No Longer Lousiana - Southern Illinois

Re: Weston McKennie

Post by John in Louisiana »

Kennyb41 wrote: ↑Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:43 pm Well he damn well should be 'spent' at the end of games.

Oh yeah, you suggest our defence and our 'not conceding' is better now, at the expense of what ?
Wrong. Players need to be able to chase the game for 90 minutes.

Bielsa worked his players to death during practice so they wouldn't be spent at the end of games. Games were easier than the practices.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78995
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Weston McKennie

Post by The Subhuman »

Anonymous wrote: ↑Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:57 pm Who is only here to tear down the American players? Where is your evidence that anyone is doing that?

Making the case that McKennie is not the player we should have spent 35 million on is exactly what I'm doing. I've never said it was his fault, or that he was a bad player. I said he was not up to Prem levels of fitness, which he isn't, and that I don't think he is the type of midfield player we should have signed. I hope we are able to let him go in the summer, and sign someone else.

I don't accept that, because he played for Juventus, he is therefore a level above what Leeds can expect to aspire to, nor do I accept that any concerns about his signing are due to the 'negativity' of English fans. By and large we are very supportive of our players, and give them every chance to succeed.
You shouldn't, absolutely not but you can trust your eyes, he has been, for me one of the better players at the club the last few weeks. You can see the class, his vision is top quality, strong on the ball, very clever passer and makes interesting runs. I think only Gnonto has a better football IQ. He's better than Adams imo. Is he fit? I think he is tbh...

We've only paid a loan fee so far, so the 30M doesn't come into it yet. I do think he'd make a very good CMF in this division..
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 13916
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:09 pm
Location: No Longer Lousiana - Southern Illinois

Re: Weston McKennie

Post by John in Louisiana »

faaip wrote: ↑Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:08 pm You shouldn't, absolutely not but you can trust your eyes, he has been, for me one of the better players at the club the last few weeks. You can see the class, his vision is top quality, strong on the ball, very clever passer and makes interesting runs. I think only Gnonto has a better football IQ. He's better than Adams imo. Is he fit? I think he is tbh...

We've only paid a loan fee so far, so the 30M doesn't come into it yet. I do think he'd make a very good CMF in this division..
I agree.
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: Weston McKennie

Post by Kennyb41 »

John in Louisiana wrote: ↑Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:59 pm Wrong. Players need to be able to chase the game for 90 minutes.

Bielsa worked his players to death during practice so they wouldn't be spent at the end of games. Games were easier than the practices.

We are taught to leave it all on the pitch here Jil.

Ideally dragged off kicking and screaming after 85mins coz you're fcked.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
Tom_Siffringer
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:43 pm

Re: Weston McKennie

Post by Tom_Siffringer »

Anonymous wrote: A little bit tired of the, 'he played for Juventus so he must be good enough for you' line, from people who are only here to big up the American players.

Total lack of awareness of the different requirements of the two leagues, and the needs and best interests of Leeds United.
Awwww, hugs

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Post Reply