Big Sam

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Big Sam- Confirmed Wednesday morning

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

One incentive for Sam is to get Everton relegated. He had a decent season with them. And they fired him because they wanted better style.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Mike Bassett is to Sam Allardyce what Ted Lasso was to Jesse Marsch. Sadly some people don't know which is which and believe the characature.
Prisoner37
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Prisoner37 »

Come on Sam, we can still finish above Chelscom if Fwank keeps his job.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 10:04 pm
:)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Big Sam

Post by Kennyb41 »

Grumpy Git wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 6:55 pm Karl Robinson, god help Leeds. He’s useless. At Oxford he got us to the Playoff final which we lost to Wycombe. Wycombe, who hoofed it up to Akinfenwa and did sod all else.
The next season we lost in the Playoff semi final, well thrashed by Blackpool. The following season 8th and this year he was sacked after what he called a run of bad luck. One (1) point from 27.
He’d had a top six budget and failed to fill the squad, gave a 2 year contract to Sam Baldock, who has played about 180 minutes all season. Bought in Josh Murphy who played about 90 minutes all season on £7.5k a week.
When he lost the dressing room, he sent our main striker out on loan on transfer deadline day, failing to replace him with a known goal scorer.
Every transfer window he comes out with “We’ll do our business early” but it’s always last minute.com so we ended up with sloppy seconds.
His marriage is over, apparently screwing one of the ladies team.
He post match interviews were comical. We’d play like a sunday league side and he’d say it was like watching Brazil. He’d constantly blame the ref, linesman, fourth official, tea lady, anyone but accept he’d screwed up. It’s like listening to a whining, whinging, deluded child, but in a scouce accent.
Liam Manning came in and brought professionalism, calmness and structure and thanks to him we’ve avoided relegation
If you have Robinson as a no. 2, look forward to Championship football.
I hope he’s not appointed for your sakes. Good luck.
Thanks for that, not looking good is it guys.

Can i just ask you Grumpy, were we right to sack Bert?
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

weasel wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 10:29 pm Mike Bassett is to Sam Allardyce what Ted Lasso was to Jesse Marsch. Sadly some people don't know which is which and believe the characature.
I hate it when people put Ted Lasso and Jesse Marsch in the same sentence. It's SO disrespectful to Ted.... :lol:
Football/Futbol/Soccer
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Big Sam

Post by VinnysTattoo »

weasel wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 7:58 pm A bad no.1 doesn't mean he can't be a good no.2. Steve McClaren was excellent as assistant manager at MU and a s**t no.1 and it can work the other way. You could be a great tactician but no good at motivating players. Clough was lost without Taylor as his no.2 but Taylor was poor as a manager.
Fair enough, but this doesn’t fill me with confidence.

Mentally I’m on my backside with all that’s gone on these past two years. Hard to see positives at the moment.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Go on Fat Sam. Its not like Sam to follow the money. I bet he's been watching us none stop since he's been out of work after his run of 4 wins in 30 or something like that. I'm sure if he was watching us none stop he would realize his basic principles are not being met at Leeds.

Tall strong defenders. None
Big lump up front to batter opposition defenders. None
Kevin Nolan in midfield. None

The only good thing i can see is we can now bypass our none existent midfield.

I did hear Mark Noble saying that Sam likes the hairdryer treatment. So i think we should see a bit effort from the players. How that will manifest on the pitch is anyone's guess.

I have derided you for years after the England greedy debacle. Welcome to Leeds United Sam. I would rather go down personally but i get why Radz wants to recoup his money.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Big Sam at Thorpe Arch this morning
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

From the oftentimes beautiful Bielsaball to the washed up, out of touch dinosaur that is Sam Allardyce in 15 months, that should be a dictionary definition of how to completely f**k up running a football club. Laughable if it was so utterly depressing. Back to being the EFL's cash cow for the foreseeable....
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Robbie Keane also expected to join the coaching set up.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Well after not trying for 5 games, the "players" should at least have plenty left in the tank.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

All now confirmed.

Big Sam In.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

lufc1304 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 8:19 am From the oftentimes beautiful Bielsaball to the washed up, out of touch dinosaur that is Sam Allardyce in 15 months, that should be a dictionary definition of how to completely f**k up running a football club. Laughable if it was so utterly depressing. Back to being the EFL's cash cow for the foreseeable....
I'm sticking with the laughter. Sure what can we say or do about it?

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference

We cannot change it. And who knows, maybe we'll stay up. But still...from Bielsa to Big Sam. A 15 month long train wreck. You can only laugh.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Big Sam's barmy army
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

lufc1304 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 8:19 am From the oftentimes beautiful Bielsaball to the washed up, out of touch dinosaur that is Sam Allardyce in 15 months, that should be a dictionary definition of how to completely f**k up running a football club. Laughable if it was so utterly depressing. Back to being the EFL's cash cow for the foreseeable....
What beautiful football were we playing 15 months ago? 🤔 We've been s**t for 2 years now. That friendly v Ajax should've been the eye opener, but no one at the club bothered, as they were too busy celebrating 9th place.

Give me a bit hoofball over playing out from the back and gifting goals anyday.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Press conference at 4pm on SSN
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 10:05 am Press conference at 4pm on SSN
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Mountain wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 9:53 am I'm sticking with the laughter. Sure what can we say or do about it?

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference

We cannot change it. And who knows, maybe we'll stay up. But still...from Bielsa to Big Sam. A 15 month long train wreck. You can only laugh.
Gallows humour is all we have, mate
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

SG90 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 9:58 am What beautiful football were we playing 15 months ago? 🤔 We've been s**t for 2 years now. That friendly v Ajax should've been the eye opener, but no one at the club bothered, as they were too busy celebrating 9th place.

Give me a bit hoofball over playing out from the back and gifting goals anyday.
Think everyone thought its a friendly, but the manner in which we were dismantled should have set alarm bells ringing. Tippy tippy is the way forward apparently if you have the quality to do it. Leeds didn't.....