Newcastle United Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: As a Newcastle fan

Post by 1964white »

SaraM wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 7:17 am As a Leeds fan, I don't really care what Newcastle fans think. See also USMNT.
I think it's good football fans from other clubs converse with one another. I've often chatted with rival fans travelling to away games. Many of my friends support other clubs, so it's not an issue for me.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 8:21 am I think it's good football fans from other clubs converse with one another. I've often chatted with rival fans travelling to away games. Many of my friends support other clubs, so it's not an issue for me.
Think the point is a Newcastle fan taking the moral high ground when he has no right to while also judging players of another club without much in the way of truth getting in the way
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

1964white wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 8:21 am I think it's good football fans from other clubs converse with one another. I've often chatted with rival fans travelling to away games. Many of my friends support other clubs, so it's not an issue for me.
Two front page threads on the forum, titled 'As A Newcastle Fan', saying nothing, really.

Pipe down imo.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

The Subhuman wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 8:34 am Think the point is a Newcastle fan taking the moral high ground when he has no right to while also judging players of another club without much in the way of truth getting in the way
And there's this.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 8:34 am Think the point is a Newcastle fan taking the moral high ground when he has no right to while also judging players of another club without much in the way of truth getting in the way
Where has Spotty taken the high moral ground?

Football fans in general are united with the manner of our players behaviour. Just as we are with the antics of Lampard, Greenwood (scum), Toney, Klopp, Fergie, Mings, McGuin, Dean Smith & regimes taking over certain clubs, etc.

I believe the rival fans who post on here are quite genuine, not looking for an argument.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Afaik, the rule is that Newcastle fans can slate us because some players didn't shake hands with a kid, but we can't mention what their owners do and what their club fronts, because it's political.

I appreciate that it's for the Mods to set the rules. I can't claim to understand it, or even know what the precise rule is...
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Mountain wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 9:06 am Afaik, the rule is that Newcastle fans can slate us because some players didn't shake hands with a kid, but we can't mention what their owners do and what their club fronts, because it's political.

I appreciate that it's for the Mods to set the rules. I can't claim to understand it, or even know what the precise rule is...
There are no strict rules, Mountain. All us mods expect is for all members to show respect & to be pleasant with one another.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

1964white wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 9:13 am There are no strict rules, Mountain. All us mods expect is for all members to show respect & to be pleasant with one another.
Ah, fair enough.

A fan of NUFC says he is "really upset and angry seeing (Leeds) players ignore the little fella in his Leeds strip".

Meanwhile the owners of NUFC have waged a war in Yemen in which over 300,000 died, including almost 100,000 children, many starving to death...but you know, they're going for the Champions League, which is the main thing.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 8:58 amI believe the rival fans who post on here are quite genuine, not looking for an argument.
Agreed. Not seen anyone come on here to cause aggro.
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Re: As a Newcastle fan I'm fuming at your players

Post by BradWhite »

SaraM wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 7:12 am Wtf has any of this got to do with Newcastle.
Beats me why a Newcastle fan is on a Leeds Utd forum.

:redc:
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Spotty wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 12:25 am If it was Toon players acting like that I'd feel the same. Credit to Leeds fans who like me, feel anger and disgust at their behaviour towards this little boy. I'm genuinely upset, how much effort is needed for these players to give this little fella a little bit of their time.

I'm really upset and fuming. This little boy needs to be give the VIP treatment from the Club and the players given a right fckng dressing down. League position or not, shame on these selfish f*****s. Fuming
NUFCs owners carpet bombed Yemen into a famine in which up to 100,000 children died.

I'd be more upset and fuming about that.
The Fish
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by The Fish »

Not a good look for Spotty.

This headlong rush to be appalled and offended is f**king cringeworthy.
Spotty
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Spotty »

SaraM wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 7:17 am As a Leeds fan, I don't really care what Newcastle fans think. See also USMNT.
Firstly I was genuinely upset at that poor kid being ignored by your players. I know the dad said some did stop and talk to the young fella, but I saw lots of players not give him a second glance.

As for not caring what Newcastle fans think. Your prerogative. But as others have said I believe it's good to get the views of other fans as long as they don't take the p*SS. I didn't.

I've had many conversations about our owners. No Newcastle fan is " happy " with their humanitarian record but frankly, what do you want us to do, stop supporting the Club. I'm stuck with them and can't go to support another Club. Born on the banks of the Tyne, the Clubs in my blood etc. You guys would be exactly the same in our position, and you know it.

By the way if your upset at a fan from another Club giving a view, then you've got a lot of heartache to come in the next few weeks. Good luck with big Sam, genuinely
Spotty
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Spotty »

Subhuman,quote where I took the moral high ground. You can't.
The Fish
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Newcastle United Thread

Post by The Fish »

CL looks guaranteed now. Liverpool would realistically need to win all their games and for us to suffer a calamitous collapse of form. Wilson and Isak both averaging around a goal every 90 minutes is a great 'problem' for Howe to unpick. Isak dancing round those Everton's halfhearted 'tackles' was both hilarious and mystifying, he doesn't use his weaker foot at all.

There's a strange calm about the club, even when we went a goal down to Southampton there was just an expectation that we'd turn up in the second half and get the win.

I cannot begin to guess what you all think about Allardyce, but in his time at Newcastle he turned a decent European footballing side into a bunch of grind-out-the-result cloggers. That could and should be enough to get you the safety you need. At the very least he should arrest the slide. To do it in 4 games seems a big ask, but I think what you need more than anything is a bit of confidence and a plan that you can follow. He'll give you that, I'm sure.

Hopefully get Gnonto back in the first team and firing. Why hasn't Rutter been playing?
Spotty
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Spotty »

Victor_Notts-17 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 6:41 am So, like the media, you didn't know about the 7 or 8 players that high-fived the kid and stood with him for photo's and autographs. This came from the kids own father!
Victor, I accept what the dad has said, however, look at that piece of tape and I like others saw all of the players walk past the kid. If I've got the wrong end of the stick, I will put my hand up, accept it and apologise.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Spotty wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 10:41 am You guys would be exactly the same in our position, and you know it.
Many would, but some wouldn't. If Saudi Arabia bought Leeds, I'd be out the door. There are more important things in life than football. I have kids, I'd be embarrassed to have them reading about the owners of a club I support starving tens of thousands of kids to death.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Spotty wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 10:42 am Subhuman,quote where I took the moral high ground. You can't.
First post of As a Newcastle fan…. Where you use the words anger and disgust
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Spotty
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Spotty »

Mountain wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 9:34 am Ah, fair enough.

A fan of NUFC says he is "really upset and angry seeing (Leeds) players ignore the little fella in his Leeds strip".

Meanwhile the owners of NUFC have waged a war in Yemen in which over 300,000 died, including almost 100,000 children, many starving to death...but you know, they're going for the Champions League, which is the main thing.
Can't I comment on something that in are me angry and upset. I saw a young lad in his full kit, waving and trying to get the attention and autograph from Leeds players, who from the ones I saw, blanked the poor kid.

As for Yemen, I don't care about the kids who have died, are starving,the parents weeping and the total helplessness the Country feels. As long as NUFC are successful, that's all I'm worried about..................oh wait a minute, hmm
Victor_Notts-17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Victor_Notts-17 »

Spotty wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 10:46 am Victor, I accept what the dad has said, however, look at that piece of tape and I like others saw all of the players walk past the kid. If I've got the wrong end of the stick, I will put my hand up, accept it and apologise.
Then you fell for the media bull5h1t. They cut out the good bits on purpose to suck in gullible people for a reaction. You fell for it. If you are another teams fan with a valid point to make, great! But if you came here just to have a go because of a sensationalised (fake) story, then maybe you should leave...