andrewjohnsmith wrote: ↑Wed May 03, 2023 3:37 pm
Context cjay. He's got more experience of pulling s**t teams through relegation fights than those other managers. Those other managers would probably admit that they couldn't do what Allardyce has done with s**t teams.
No context Andrew
Sam has always been well up his own bum.
Saying ludicrous things (claimed he was good enough to manage Barcelona and Real Madrid).
Did he have an ill-fated spell in Spain, or am I imagining that?
Anyway, yeah, he's an arrogant twat, always has been. If he can instil some of that confidence into our players, then maybe it might still be The Great Escape. But I doubt it. I think, like others, that maybe a reset in the Championship might be best given how much of a mess we seem to be in. Radz bank manager wouldn't agree, but I'm past caring about him or the rest of the board/ownership
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Gracia would have sleepwalked us into the Championship anyway, may as well go for it, clearly something happened behind the scenes at half time against Palace.
After dominating the first half then allowing them to equalise just before half time, we came out looking like a totally different side in the 2nd half, even walking to the pitch we looked crestfallen.
All Gracia did was stand on the line with arms folded then repeated himself with his mantra of 'players need to play better.'
4 big games is a big ask for any manager though, but Sam may just give them a boost in confidence, let's see where their heads ago against city.
Byebyegeegee wrote:
I agree BG. I’ve said previously that we really need to rebuild from top to bottom and that is difficult, nay impossible, in the Premier League unless you have a bottomless pit of money like Citeh or Toon have had. As you say, if we, by some miracle, manage to stay up it will be another false Dawn and we’ll only find ourselves in the same boat next season.
A rebuild in The Championship is much more plausible and the confidence and momentum gained from having a really good season and promotion just may give us the impetus to be able to compete in the big league for more than a season next time round.
I have to say, though, I could never watch anyone else. Having been “wedded” to this club for the best part of 60 years I ain’t gonna change now!
Fair enough bbgg but I want owners in who are prepared to commit to the club and invest in it for the long term and make progress. It is clear Radz is only at this club to make money but pure greed took over and instead of selling up a year or 2 ago he decided he wanted more but now it's about to backfire, I just hope he goes end of season. I dunno what agenda the 49s have we shall see but this club deserves far better owners than we've had in recent years .
It couple me a couple of millions, i mean minutes before i said yes. Go on Sam he's got everything to gain. He will be looking at Wroy and thinking... If he can do it. I'm going with a 5-5-0 formation with an extra goalie besides Mes.
Hewin wrote: ↑Wed May 03, 2023 4:35 pm
People need to have a word with themselves with all these pathetic childish jokes at the expense of Sam’s bodyweight.
He’s come here to work a miracle when no one else would.
It’s also rich because I bet 99% of the people making the jokes don’t exactly have the figure of a Greek god either.
Show some common decency and some appreciation.
Always makes me wonder when crowds start sing "Who ate all the pies?" and "You fat ba***rd." It always forces me to take a moment of self reflection.
I thought Javi was a defend first coach and look where it got him. Fair play to Sam for giving it a go but he's got nothing to lose and everything to gain. We go down he had very little time to get his message across, we stay up and he's in the frame for the job with his reputation of keeping teams up back under way.
Who knows he may even be able to Pascal fired up. I think he goes with a 3-5-2