Victor Orta

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Victor Orta sacked

Post by Jaydog »

Kennyb41 wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 10:29 pm I give him credit for Raph, every single other hit there would've been a failure if it hadn't been for Bert turning them into a team, who else could work with Klich Alioski etc, none, sorry, i'll give him Ben White too.
The article doesn’t cover that point at all unfortunately.
Some players are going to be good whoever they play for. Like Raph or White.
But a player becoming a hit almost purely because of a manager….
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Jaydog wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 10:36 pm The article doesn’t cover that point at all unfortunately.
Some players are going to be good whoever they play for. Like Raph or White.
But a player becoming a hit almost purely because of a manager….
It also doesn't cover a shed load of other 'failures'

Sack 'o' shite etc ?
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Kennyb41 wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 10:42 pm It also doesn't cover a shed load of other 'failures'

Sack 'o' shite etc ?
Yeah I think he mentions a few like Drameh, Gyabi, Perkins etc but they’ve been on loan or not got near the pitch barely so can’t be judged.
Not sure I agree with all the hits anyway tbh.
Just someone’s opinion for anyone that’s interested I suppose.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

It's all just dead plain and simple to me.

No Bert and we'd still be in the championship, and with Orta's track record it's open to question whether that was luck or judgement, i think you know where i stand.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Jaydog wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 10:16 pm https://www.sportinglife.com/football/n ... ess/209147

Hit or miss on every Orta signing.

Verdict

Hit: 15 (29.4%)
Unclear: 14 (27.5%)
Miss: 22 (43.1%)
Some of them are quite generous

Klich was approached by the club before Orta even arrived (so said the player himself)

Adam Forshaw Hit, really?

Barry Douglas unsure?

Nketiah unclear? He will have been a very expensive loan for very little

Rodrigo a Hit? :lol:

Junior Firpo unclear?

You'd give Bamford a Hit because of his contribution to promotion and 1sr prem season but for our second highest earner to not have Hit 20 goals once despite playing most of those seasons in a very attacking team is suspect, not to mention he has had 2 seasons of basically nothing and 1 mediocre

That list is poor imo.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

The list is piss poor, highlighted by you with Douglas etc.

Klich Bamford Alioski etc were they hits pre Bert and post Bert, has anybody at all gone on to rip up trees anywhere,PB was on the verge of the England squad, do we think he'll ever don one now, Saiz ? where is he ?

Raphinha was a gem and Ben White, and that's it for me

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Anyway he's gone thank fck.

You only have to take a look at BHA, you obviously expect a few to not make the grade or be able to fit in with a managers style or the other players around them, that's a given. But to me ALL of Orta's seemed to be just a spin of the wheel, and like i've always said, my mother could get lucky every now and again.

I know 100% that i could do better than Orta, it's quite simple, you find out who the fans favourites are from around the lower leagues and Scotland etc, even Europe, you find out what they're raving about and you set about watching them yourself over some of their tougher opponents and take it from there, there are obviously other factors but you get my drift.

He did fck all like that, there's no way you can pay 13m for Firpo isfyou watched him intensely over just 1 game in my eyes, you'd 100% confirm he's shite over 3 for sure.

The guy was a monkey with a pin trying to pick the winner of the National, end of.

;@)
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

I'd say Douglas, Forshaw, Firpo, Roca, McFlurry, also on the miss list. It's looking like Kristenson, Rutter as well.

Pontus, a hit.
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by billysboots »

When you are working with a limited budget and you have a coach like Marcelo who operates with a small squad, you have to be a bit more careful where and on who you spend your employer’s cash.
There Is Only One United.
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Overman wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 5:52 am I'd say Douglas, Forshaw, Firpo, Roca, McFlurry, also on the miss list. It's looking like Kristenson, Rutter as well.

Pontus, a hit.
Wasn't Pontus already on loan before Orta arrived ?
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Cjay wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 10:57 pm Some of them are quite generous

Klich was approached by the club before Orta even arrived (so said the player himself)

Adam Forshaw Hit, really?

Barry Douglas unsure?

Nketiah unclear? He will have been a very expensive loan for very little

Rodrigo a Hit? :lol:

Junior Firpo unclear?

You'd give Bamford a Hit because of his contribution to promotion and 1sr prem season but for our second highest earner to not have Hit 20 goals once despite playing most of those seasons in a very attacking team is suspect, not to mention he has had 2 seasons of basically nothing and 1 mediocre

That list is poor imo.
Not sure how he’s arrived at some of those. Has he been watching? Clearly not
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Kennyb41 wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 11:38 pm The list is piss poor, highlighted by you with Douglas etc.

Klich Bamford Alioski etc were they hits pre Bert and post Bert, has anybody at all gone on to rip up trees anywhere,PB was on the verge of the England squad, do we think he'll ever don one now, Saiz ? where is he ?

Raphinha was a gem and Ben White, and that's it for me
Indeed. Douglas was a complete failure. Injured most of the time and not suited to a full back role in a Bielsa team when he was fit as was evidenced by Alioski and Dallas being preferred when DOuglas was fit. Bought by the stats obsessed Orta simply because he'd had a load of assists for Wolves the season prior. £3m he cost and it was £3m wasted.

Saiz definitely not a hit. Sure he was brilliant for a short while but any player can look brilliant over a short period. Even Pawel Cbioski (or whatever the f*ck his name was) had one good game for us getting a couple of assists against QPR (I think).

Nketiah a classic example of Orta getting a player in that Bielsa didn't want. A player totally unsuited to the Bielsa way of playing. Came accross as Orta trying to look good by getting a player in from Arsenal, good player but if the manager doesn't want him then no point getting him. It makes you wonder if Bielsa wanted JKA or again whether Orta just plonked a striker on Bielsa and Bielsa just made the polite noises, saying how JKA had been a telented youth etc, whilst knowing he wasn't really going to figure much as I don't even think a fully fit JKA was going to do the work that Bamford does.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 8:06 am Wasn't Pontus already on loan before Orta arrived ?
Indeed he was. He was on loan for the second half of Monk's season in charge and we had an option to buy (not a loan deal with no option to buy like with Ben White or with an obligation to buy like JKA - just a nice straightforward option to buy if we wanted to). Whilst he was technically bought during Orta's reign it had nothing to do with Orta's amazing scouting network.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Overman wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 5:52 am I'd say Douglas, Forshaw, Firpo, Roca, McFlurry, also on the miss list. It's looking like Kristenson, Rutter as well.

Pontus, a hit.
Indeed. Forshaw especially is not a hit. He has performed okay but nothing special, been injured most of the time and the justification that he is a hit because he still makes the first team now is not an indication of Forshaw's ability but the absolutely sh*te recruitment in midfield.

The only way to justify it being a hit is because of how bad Orta has been at the relatively simple task of getting a couple of midfielders better than Forshaw. I doubt Forshaw would even make the first team squad in any other premier league team.
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

weasel wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 10:48 am Indeed he was. He was on loan for the second half of Monk's season in charge and we had an option to buy (not a loan deal with no option to buy like with Ben White or with an obligation to buy like JKA - just a nice straightforward option to buy if we wanted to). Whilst he was technically bought during Orta's reign it had nothing to do with Orta's amazing scouting network.
Exactly - no way that Orta should get any credit for that one.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

The misses far outweigh the hits , some of the so called hits might be marginal.....the biggest hit being of course Raphinha , I wouldn't class Bielsa as an Orta thing as it had to be pointed out to him by Cellino (I would love to find the various places I have seen that but at the time it seemed irrelevant and now I have forgotten where ) .Some of the misses though are huge and catastrophic....JKA for one, then those basement buy foreign players early on, the likes of Anita , various keepers prior to Meslier ( jury out there too right now ). Of course though ......HE saved LUFC , led them back to the promised land , all by himself with his money and it is we who are ungrateful.I didn't like his strategy on purchases from day one , those like Cibicki , Ekuban ....the money could have been spent better in getting more established home talent , proven in this country or league ...anyone notice just how little he has bought from this country ? Bar Forshaw , James and Bamford , maybe Anita and the youth players all first team buys seem to be unproven continental gambles , a lot who take time to adapt and settle in .I believe Orta has been the biggest disaster at this club since Bates .
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 10:48 am Indeed he was. He was on loan for the second half of Monk's season in charge and we had an option to buy (not a loan deal with no option to buy like with Ben White or with an obligation to buy like JKA - just a nice straightforward option to buy if we wanted to). Whilst he was technically bought during Orta's reign it had nothing to do with Orta's amazing scouting network.
Who made the decision to take up the option?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Apparently Victor was like by both players and staff at the club ( Ben Parker) and that there were a few tears when it was announced he was leaving.

Just saying :P
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 1:25 pm Apparently Victor was like by both players and staff at the club ( Ben Parker) and that there were a few tears when it was announced he was leaving.

Just saying :P
Of course he was liked, he pointlessly resurrected most of their failing careers.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Orange Box wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 1:52 pm Of course he was liked, he pointlessly resurrected most of their failing careers.
what?

Even the staff?
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa