Leeds Utd 2-2 Newcastle Utd - Post Match Debate.

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Utd v Newcastle Utd Match Thread

Post by Jaydog »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 10:39 am I wouldn't have Rodrigo taking it neither coz the one he missed wasn't struck hard, ffs they just try to send the keeper the wrong way and it fails or makes it 50/50, rasmus or the like for me Stuart Pearce style...HIT THE FCKING THING FER GAWDS SAKE....PICK YOUR SPOT AND FCKING HIT IT YOU USELESS TWATS !!!!!
Firpo is probably decent
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Utd 2-2 Newcastle Utd - Post Match Debate.

Post by Kennyb41 »

DDB220 wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 11:55 am Kenny - less of the drama and attention seeking. Why you feel the need to use words, which you know are on the forum banned list suggests to me you had your hour in the exercise yard cancelled.
What the fck are you on about ?

Drama and attention seeking ?

Discuss.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Jaydog wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 11:57 am Firpo is probably decent

He'd either fall over in the run up, or somehow get his feet muddled up as he attempted the kick.

You ever seen an air shot at golf ?

Yeah like that.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Jaydog wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 11:57 am Firpo is probably decent
on the training pitch…..possibly. But in a match with all the expectation and pressure - it takes a lot of self belief and composure to step up. Rodrigo as many have said is without doubt the best choice when he is on the pitch. However, when he isn’t who then ??
Last edited by DDB220 on Sun May 14, 2023 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

DDB220 wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 11:55 am Kenny - less of the drama and attention seeking. Why you feel the need to use words, which you know are on the forum banned list suggests to me you had your hour in the exercise yard cancelled.
And btw, i'm just trying to confirm the ban list, all a bit childish i know but don't shoot the messenger :lol:

;@)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 12:00 pm He'd either fall over in the run up, or somehow get his feet muddled up as he attempted the kick.

You ever seen an air shot at golf ?

Yeah like that.
Done a few of those in my time
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

DDB220 wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 12:02 pm on the training pitch…..possibly. But in a match with all the expectation and pressure - it takes a lot of self belief and composure to step up. Rodrigo as many have said is without doubt the best choice when he is on the pitch. However, when he isn’t who then ??
:) :) And that is why i never missed one and took them ALL in 30 odd years of playing. ;-)

And every single one of them went in the bottom left 1 metre off the ground, struck so hard no keeper ever got to one if they went the right way, a team mate of mine used to tell the opponents where i was gonna put it but followed it up with..."but don't bother following it up coz he never misses"

8-)

;@)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

DDB220 wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 12:02 pm on the training pitch…..possibly. But in a match with all the expectation and pressure - it takes a lot of self belief and composure to step up. Rodrigo as many have said is without doubt the best choice when he is on the pitch. However, when he isn’t who then ??
I wasn’t totally serious but he must be good at something.
Rasmus might be a good shout. Just smash it down the middle
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Spotty wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 4:22 pm " Didn't think much of Newcastle...". Agree we were absolutely desperate but still outplayed you. You and Saints are the worst sides I've watched so far this season tbh. You need to accept it, despite your fan base being lauded, it's the quality on the pitch that matters. You have no quality apart from that young kid, Ngnonto ?, and he was on the bench.
Yet you couldn't beat us, or even score against us without penalties? 🤔 And that's with all the money in the world.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 12:06 pm :) :) And that is why i never missed one and took them ALL in 30 odd years of playing. ;-)

And every single one of them went in the bottom left 1 metre off the ground, struck so hard no keeper ever got to one if they went the right way, a team mate of mine used to tell the opponents where i was gonna put it but followed it up with..."but don't bother following it up coz he never misses"

8-)
It must have been a sad day for Belmarsh football team when you either got parole or transferred.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

DDB220 wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 1:04 pm It must have been a sad day for Belmarsh football team when you either got parole or transferred.
:lol:

Moi ? An ex convict ?

No Aussie blood in me, but thx for reading my post.

Must dash.

;@)
Broad Ford
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Broad Ford »

Going only on watching MOTD it looks like the team conspired to shoot itself in the foot.

Bamford's tame penalty effort then missing his header, instead shouldering the ball late into the second half could be costly. Just imagine if he had scored in a 3-2 home win and propelling Leeds to safety?

Firpo too with that hand high above his head to give away a penalty handing the lead to Newc. Then getting his marching orders.

A point is a point gained against a very good Newc and it's over to London next to try for a victory, 3 points and then everything to play for home to Spurs.

It's over for Southampton, but for Yorkshire's finest there is still hope.
If you don't know where you are going, every road will get you nowhere.