Next Manager

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21204
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Next Manager

Post by Jaydog »

IMG_7223.jpeg

Some disparity in the market but we’ve been here before and it’s very rarely a good guide
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21204
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Next Manager

Post by Jaydog »

weasel wrote: ↑Mon May 29, 2023 12:13 pm In fairness though Southampton have had a couple of weeks head start in terms of planning as they knew they were definitely relegated.
So did we
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21204
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Next Manager

Post by Jaydog »

SG90 wrote: ↑Mon May 29, 2023 12:00 pm I wouldn't mind Brendan Rodgers, if we can get him. I think Iraola has disaster written all over it, especially if he was Orta's top choice.
Not sure I agree on Iraola. And don’t actually know if he was Orta’s pick as it was a chaotic manager hunt at the time. He’s now officially left Rayo but is talking about a year out
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41696
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Next Manager

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: ↑Mon May 29, 2023 12:00 pm I wouldn't mind Brendan Rodgers, if we can get him. I think Iraola has disaster written all over it, especially if he was Orta's top choice.
Rodgers is another self licking ice cream who Leicester fans blame very much for the position they are in.

They have wanted him out for years.

To outsiders it looks unfair so it makes me nervous that Leicester fans are so against him.

They must know something we don't (for one it's reported he had a large say on signings and They have been awful)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41696
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Next Manager

Post by Cjay »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Mon May 29, 2023 2:53 pm Not sure I agree on Iraola. And don’t actually know if he was Orta’s pick as it was a chaotic manager hunt at the time. He’s now officially left Rayo but is talking about a year out
I still like the idea of Knutsen tbh.

Just something different
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Hewin
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 262
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:21 am

Re: Next Manager

Post by Hewin »

Zidane is out of a job. :roll: :lol:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23125
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Next Manager

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: ↑Mon May 29, 2023 3:05 pm Rodgers is another self licking ice cream who Leicester fans blame very much for the position they are in.

They have wanted him out for years.

To outsiders it looks unfair so it makes me nervous that Leicester fans are so against him.

They must know something we don't (for one it's reported he had a large say on signings and They have been awful)
Fanbases need a scapegoat. At least he has managed big clubs with heavy expectation, so won't struggle with the pressure.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21204
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Next Manager

Post by Jaydog »

Cjay wrote: ↑Mon May 29, 2023 3:05 pm I still like the idea of Knutsen tbh.

Just something different
And now for something completely different.

I can see his record is good in terms of winning a league that had been dominated for donkeys years by two teams plus beating Roma (?) 6-1 I think.
Attacking style. I wouldn’t object although he might
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Madron
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3661
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:46 pm

Re: Next Manager

Post by Madron »

Cjay wrote: ↑Mon May 29, 2023 3:05 pm Rodgers is another self licking ice cream who Leicester fans blame very much for the position they are in.

They have wanted him out for years.

To outsiders it looks unfair so it makes me nervous that Leicester fans are so against him.

They must know something we don't (for one it's reported he had a large say on signings and They have been awful)
5TH, 5TH ,8TH in consecutive years and ,throw in an FA Cup win. That's a YES PLEASE from me.

Leicester fans have got what they deserve.
User avatar
Victor_OTT_17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3286
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:27 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Next Manager

Post by Victor_OTT_17 »

Has to be someone that knows the English game for me...
The Guitar Medic on FaceBook and on YouTube

weasel wrote: ↑Tue Jul 28, 2026 4:35 pm Are you dense?
User avatar
Madron
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3661
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:46 pm

Re: Next Manager

Post by Madron »

SG90 wrote: ↑Mon May 29, 2023 3:14 pm Fanbases need a scapegoat. At least he has managed big clubs with heavy expectation, so won't struggle with the pressure.
Good point and very valid.
User avatar
Madron
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3661
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:46 pm

Re: Next Manager

Post by Madron »

Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon May 29, 2023 3:31 pm Has to be someone that knows the English game for me...
Me too.
User avatar
onemoreslogan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 815
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:48 pm

Re: Next Manager

Post by onemoreslogan »

Give Potter all the money to come is my vote.
User avatar
Irish Ian
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 17183
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:53 pm
Location: Directly above the centre of the Earth.

Re: Next Manager

Post by Irish Ian »

Wonder if WH will bin off Moyes after their final of the Numpty Cup.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
User avatar
JoeDenver
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4123
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:58 pm

Re: Next Manager

Post by JoeDenver »

Anonymous wrote: ↑Tue May 30, 2023 10:50 am Picking six defenders in a do or die home game and losing 1-4 is enough to judge him.
I agree with this take. Can’t believe the tactics to start the game. Playing not to lose rarely works. Wonder what the analytics that Big Dam is supposedly a big proponent of have to say about that.

As someone said before. We need a builder (or more appropriately, a “re-builder”)
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: Next Manager

Post by Kennyb41 »

I'll tell you what appointment would perk me up no end.

Wiegman.

The female Bert.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41696
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Next Manager

Post by Cjay »

I see the Carlos Corberan links have started in the media.

Not for me thank you.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41696
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Next Manager

Post by Cjay »

Anonymous wrote: ↑Tue May 30, 2023 10:50 am Picking six defenders in a do or die home game and losing 1-4 is enough to judge him.
That did it for me.

Any lingering possibility of Sam being kept on went when he did that

I couldn't sit through a season of his style
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 14808
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
Location: Lisburn, N.I

Re: Next Manager

Post by lufc1304 »

I'm on record on this thread as having said SA might be the way to go in the short term; after Sunday, no f**king way!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
User avatar
Victor_OTT_17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3286
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:27 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Next Manager

Post by Victor_OTT_17 »

Cjay wrote: ↑Tue May 30, 2023 12:59 pm That did it for me.

Any lingering possibility of Sam being kept on went when he did that

I couldn't sit through a season of his style
Same! And I welcomed his appointment initially. If he is asked to manage, Leeds are done for another 16 year...
The Guitar Medic on FaceBook and on YouTube

weasel wrote: ↑Tue Jul 28, 2026 4:35 pm Are you dense?
Post Reply