Radrizzani

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Overman
Manager
Manager

Re: Radrizzani

Post by Overman »

The Subhuman wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 8:03 am I wouldn't want QSI anywhere near this club.....
Indeed, we were in far better hands under Bates, Cellino and GFH.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

geronimo wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 3:00 pm qsi offered to buy radrizaani out several seasons ago , but he would not give up full control of the club , and only wanted investment similiar to the 49ers , he bit off more than he could chew through sheer greed, and the sooner he slings his hook like his partner in crime orta the better .
Thank f**k he didn't...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Radz- I dont like to make false promises.

Also Radz- Relegation is impossible :duno:

Pretty clear he is putting himself before the good of the club if he is staying on.

Not a shock.

49ers aren't any better, not a word from them.

Weird though that the official twitter account hasnt retweeted Radz message? Seems like something they would retweet

Also Phil Hay and The Athletic have made it very clear the relationship isn't good between Radz and 49ers, and the latter want the former out.

How can they continue like this under those circumstances?

We shall see I suppose
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Might this be a shot across the 49ers bows, ie sort me out or I’m staying in control?

Or might there be a preferred option for the 49ers to bail and sell their share to QSI?

Who knows at this point, but the continued uncertainty is no good for Leeds.
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

That doesn't read like the statement of a man selling up

My thoughts exactly.

That's not a goodbye statement.

WTF.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

BradWhite wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:00 pm That doesn't read like the statement of a man selling up

My thoughts exactly.

WTF.
Ditto :(
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Football website Last Word On Football claims an insider has informed them that the 49ers Enterprises takeover of Leeds United could be “done by Friday” as fans wait eagerly for news on the state of their club after relegation.

Andrea Radrizzani has now been confirmed as buying Italian side Sampdoria, avoiding a points deduction with an agreement for the relegated Serie A side. It is clearly a sign that Radrizzani has set up an escape route from Leeds.

Fans are hopeful that Radrizzani’s pursuit and subsequent purchase of Sampdoria is a sign that he is open to doing an agreement with the 49ers. There were concerns that Radrizzani may stay put, and hope for an instant return.

Indeed, selling the club at Premier League price would be a whole lot cash in the Italian’s pocket – but, that is of course a risk in case Leeds do not gain promotion come May 2024. It seems as if Radrizzani is open to our sale.

The report states that less than 24 hours since confirmation of Radrizzani’s purchase of Sampdoria, he could be set to sell Leeds a few days later. The source has told LWOS that a deal could go through even this week, “by Friday”.

“Last Word on Football understands from a reliable source that 49ers Enterprises’ takeover of the club ‘should be done by Friday’. Our source is believed to be a club insider and revealed the news of Jesse Marsch’s sacking.”

49ers Enterprises takeover of Leeds United could be done by Friday

Fingers crossed, the source is accurate. It seems unlikely that such could happen so quickly, given the enormity of and scale of the sale. But if talks, as some reports suggest, have been going on for some weeks – it is a possibility.

Hopefully, for Leeds fans and indeed the club’s summer planning, the need for a takeover to go through quickly is paramount. The club have a massive summer ahead and getting a takeover done quickly can allow us to press on.
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

Certainly didn't read like someone about to sell up and go. Maybe we are reading too much into it though ?

Is there some way Radz could still be involved in a much smaller way if he sold most of his shares and let the 49 ers have the most control ? Maybe agree to take one last punt and put in a small ish amount of money for transfers and hope for a nice return if things went well and we went straight back up.
Could he maybe have worked on some sort of deal with the 49 ers that allows him to be part of the scene and IF we were to go straight back up he picks up a small bonus for his contribution ?
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

1964white wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:28 pm Football website Last Word On Football claims an insider has informed them that the 49ers Enterprises takeover of Leeds United could be “done by Friday” as fans wait eagerly for news on the state of their club after relegation.

Andrea Radrizzani has now been confirmed as buying Italian side Sampdoria, avoiding a points deduction with an agreement for the relegated Serie A side. It is clearly a sign that Radrizzani has set up an escape route from Leeds.

Fans are hopeful that Radrizzani’s pursuit and subsequent purchase of Sampdoria is a sign that he is open to doing an agreement with the 49ers. There were concerns that Radrizzani may stay put, and hope for an instant return.

Indeed, selling the club at Premier League price would be a whole lot cash in the Italian’s pocket – but, that is of course a risk in case Leeds do not gain promotion come May 2024. It seems as if Radrizzani is open to our sale.

The report states that less than 24 hours since confirmation of Radrizzani’s purchase of Sampdoria, he could be set to sell Leeds a few days later. The source has told LWOS that a deal could go through even this week, “by Friday”.

“Last Word on Football understands from a reliable source that 49ers Enterprises’ takeover of the club ‘should be done by Friday’. Our source is believed to be a club insider and revealed the news of Jesse Marsch’s sacking.”

Fingers crossed, the source is accurate. It seems unlikely that such could happen so quickly, given the enormity of and scale of the sale. But if talks, as some reports suggest, have been going on for some weeks – it is a possibility.

Hopefully, for Leeds fans and indeed the club’s summer planning, the need for a takeover to go through quickly is paramount. The club have a massive summer ahead and getting a takeover done quickly can allow us to press on.
I will believe it when I see it. We have heard nothing from the 49ers at all.

Doesn't buying another club (Sampdoria) veto the sale of his majority share, makes no sense to buy a club worth less than the one he has already.

From a business POV our club isn't in a bad financial state, he put wage cuts into contracts + parachute payments and sale of certain players that have relegation clauses in their contracts which are on the high side, it's not a fire sale to administrators or nothing to rebuild with also we do have some talented players once the dead wood has gone + loans and new blood.

In theory he would be walking away from a club with a potential value of 500m (in the EPL) selling it now to the 49ers would be at huge loss - he likes money and Leeds has far more potential than Sampdoria.

I hope he goes but he is a business man and he knows this club has huge potential to get promoted at the first attempt and I wouldn't put it past him to stay despite the vitriol for him.

There is lots of stuff flying around that the 49ers have taken full control for £70m.
No doubt that he has made a profit from Leeds but the loss at sale is a lot more.

I just think it's odd and he's been keeping a very low profile.

Just my thoughts.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

1964white wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:28 pm Football website Last Word On Football claims an insider has informed them that the 49ers Enterprises takeover of Leeds United could be “done by Friday” as fans wait eagerly for news on the state of their club after relegation.

Whatever anyone thinks about the worthiness of either of our split owners - I just hope the ownership picture is resolved quickly. Friday, as you suggest, would be ideal.

Once that is done we can start putting people in place and planning for next season.
Hewin
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Hewin »

Half of me thinks the 49ers should just find another venture.

They clearly aren't arsed about Leed's future, and only see it as a money-making opportunity. If they had any intent or care for the club they would have acted by now.

I fear they'll lead us down an even darker path.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Look on BBC Sport. The assessment is he is staying in charge and believes the disappointment will start to thaw. Not sure he understands the level of resentment but I did not expect him to sell under these circumstances.

It is likely the level of toxicity will increase significantly, not the best move buying into another club and suggesting he is committed to sorting out the mess at Leeds.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Radz couldn't afford us from the start, hence why he had to go the the Venture capital fund and even then we never got the allowed owner investment.

The only owner investment we have had is when Radz has sold bits to the 49ers.

Clearly the 49ers and Radz aren't working well anymore (as Phil has said)

He can't sell off tiny chunks to get some funding for the club and if as The Athletic reported they want him out and have no interest of carrying on this ludicrous split ownership situation they are unlikely to be interested in giving him pocket money to fund us a bit.

He won't care what the fans think, probably hates us anyway, won't have the respect for us he has for Sampdoria, and just won't come to games (only came when we were playing Man City and Co anyway).

Another leech like all the others

Least most of them had the balls to show up to games.
Signed

King Cjay

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Cjay will be pleased.

Something to be paranoid about every day.

Radz = The New Victor Orta 😵
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Irish Ian wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:13 pm Cjay will be pleased.

Something to be paranoid about every day.

Radz = The New Victor Orta 😵
Can hardly contain my excitement :roflmao:

Italian Ken Bates here to stay :love:
PeacefulNecessaryGrasshopper-max-1mb.gif
PeacefulNecessaryGrasshopper-max-1mb.gif (837.38 KiB) Viewed 421 times
Signed

King Cjay

WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

It does sound ominous and a bit worrying if the ownership situation remains as is but Just think too much is being read in to the statement he wouldn’t write a statement suggesting he was leaving before a sale had been agreed. maybe the 49ers are ready to throw in the towel and radz has another minority stakeholder lined up.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

It’s anyone’s guess as to what is happening. There are different levels of s**t and we are looking to explore as many as possible. At some point things can only get better. I hope that day comes as soon as possible.
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

Well... he stated 'change is needed', hopefully a good omen to him distancing himself from the club.

On the other hand is he making changes with intent to stay.

It's not like we need transparent certainty is it?

:roll:
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

So, with Radz’s statement the plot thickens! I’ve always said that there is never a dull moment supporting this club, nothing is ever straightforward, we are very rarely on an even keel.

The statement contained an apology and an admission that mistakes had been made (no s**t Sherlock), so perhaps he’s testing the water to see what the fan reaction would be, as a bellwether to indicate whether we fans would be minded to accept a continuation of the current regime with a promise that he will try harder from now on.

Or maybe, as most fans suspect, he’s been unable to achieve the value for his shares that he expected, due to relegation, and has decided to stay on in the hope that we can bounce back immediately, at which point, he will be able to realise his expected windfall.

The fact that, as an Italian himself, he is now involved with an Italian club tells me that he has lost any interest in Leeds United and that if he intends to stay on it is purely down to greed. A hopeful gamble, that without much involvement and input from him, we might, somehow, just be good enough to get back to the Prem next year.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

BradWhite wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:00 pm That doesn't read like the statement of a man selling up

My thoughts exactly.

WTF.
No , this twat is intent on ruining our club, and that's the one thing he's good at.