Leeds Utd 1-4 Tottenham Hotspur - WHY WAS WOBER SUBBED?

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds Utd 1-4 Tottenham Hotspur - Post Match Debate

Post by 1964white »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:54 pm I wouldn’t waste too much sympathy on our overpaid, underperforming, mercenary footballers if I were you Barlow. I’m sure they won’t be wasting too much time worrying about our team’s wretched plight or we disillusioned and dispirited fans. Indeed a lot of them will be moving on in the Summer and earning their £50000+/week at some other, any other club.
Majority of them won't give a toss!
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:54 pm I wouldn’t waste too much sympathy on our overpaid, underperforming, mercenary footballers if I were you Barlow. I’m sure they won’t be wasting too much time worrying about our team’s wretched plight or we disillusioned and dispirited fans. Indeed a lot of them will be moving on in the Summer and earning their £50000+/week at some other, any other club.
I know mate, but when blokes around me are singing “you fat ba***rd” to one of our own players it does rankle a bit. (Particularly when some of those singing it are hardly gym types)

You’re right though, I doubt Mckennie gave it a second thought.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Oh well, at last this horrific season is over, and we can all take a deep breath now.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Barlow Boy wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 9:49 pm I know mate, but when blokes around me are singing “you fat ba***rd” to one of our own players it does rankle a bit. (Particularly when some of those singing it are hardly gym types)

You’re right though, I doubt Mckennie gave it a second thought.
He was on a train to King's Cross within a few hours.

Doubt he cared at all.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

1964white wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 10:17 pm Oh well, at last this horrific season is over, and we can all take a deep breath now.
Bring on the Ashes
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Utd v Tottenham Hotspur Match Thread

Post by Kennyb41 »

malcolmw wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 9:02 pm Right. So first thing we now need (if we had owners who cared) is to find a manager who can cut through the BS of the past season, unravel the systems of 5 managers in a year and get back to basics.

For this reason, I actually don't blame most of the players - they had to go from Bielsa to Marsh to Skubs to Gracia to Sam at warp speed, and try to apply it all on the pitch under pressure. FFS - nobody can do that. That speaks to having ownership who barely know the ball is round.

So - if we could, I'd keep some of the old guard (they won't cost much) - Ayling, Cooper, Forshaw, and have some Bielsa DNA - then I'd try to keep the grafters - Kristensen, Harrison, Wober, Koch, and then try to keep the youngsters who are worth it - Gnonto, Rutter, Summerville, Sinisterra. Fill that in with a few seasoned signings, and backfill from the U 21's.

Show the door to McKennie, Aaronson, Adams, Firpo, Llorente, Styuik, Meslier.
What you're asking for there Malcolm is a Bert.

We searched high and low for a quality manager in the Championship for 16 years.

And then we found one.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Just a reminder of what went on yesterday.

I knew our fans would turn once Spurs took the lead.

Marcelo Bielsa song often sung vehemently, to make a point.

Singing the songs of several former players.

Cheering Tottenham's passes & booing when Leeds won the ball back.

"You're not fit to wear the shirt"

"You're :poo: & you know you are"

"Leeds are falling apart again"

"Sack the board"

'Get out of our club"

And then the McKennie chant.

Aaronson booed when he came on off the bench
WestgateRun
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by WestgateRun »

Hopefully some of those Leeds "fans" who booed our players off the pitch will now stop coming to games.
You have to take the bad times with the good. And booing your own team is a definite no-no in my book.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 7:42 am Aaronson booed when he came on off the bench
Pathetic. One of the few who actually tries.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

It’s probably just memory playing tricks but this seems worse than the last time. Way worse
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Jaydog wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 9:19 am It’s probably just memory playing tricks but this seems worse than the last time. Way worse
Think it's because relegation was inevitable because of the financial situation. This time around, it's a huge opportunity squandered through incompetence, and it could have all been so easily avoided.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

SG90 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 9:23 am Think it's because relegation was inevitable because of the financial situation. This time around, it's a huge opportunity squandered through incompetence, and it could have all been so easily avoided.
Yes. But also now we have another opportunity to get straight back but I wouldn’t trust the hierarchy of this club to get that right. Would you?
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Jaydog wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 9:53 am Yes. But also now we have another opportunity to get straight back but I wouldn’t trust the hierarchy of this club to get that right. Would you?
Nope. There's clearly no plan for how this would happen.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

WestgateRun wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 9:14 am Hopefully some of those Leeds "fans" who booed our players off the pitch will now stop coming to games.
You have to take the bad times with the good. And booing your own team is a definite no-no in my book.
Tend to agree mate.

I didn’t boo, I didn’t applaud (other than Adams and a couple of others).

Chanting you fat ba***rd to McKennie was disgraceful.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Barlow Boy wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 10:00 am Tend to agree mate.

I didn’t boo, I didn’t applaud (other than Adams and a couple of others).

Chanting you fat ba***rd to McKennie was disgraceful.
I sang the Bielsa & former players songs.

Great singing the Pontus/Berardi & the others songs again with the Klich song heartily loud, all making a point of previous coach/players loved in comparison to the current squad.
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by VinnysTattoo »

If it’s a small consolation it’s that we won’t financially implode like we did in 2003.

What is worrying me however, is the time it will take to get the management structure in place, get a methodology back in our play, and hopefully mould the players to that style.

With the ownership also in doubt I can’t see how we are going to be ready for next season.
1964white

Re: Leeds Utd 1-4 Tottenham Hotspur - Watched a replay of the whole game.

Post by 1964white »

Going down 1-0 early, then two of our CB's yellow carded in the first 14 minutes wasn't a great start. We never learned our lessons this season as we conceded in the first two minutes of the second-half too.

Cooper & Struijk culpable for two goals each. Cooper, Koch, Ayling & Kristensen putting in no challenge for their 4th goal.

Is it any wonder why Big Sam was constantly shaking his head.

16 good actions from Wober in the first half.
15 good actions from Kristensen in the first half.
15 good actions from Forshaw in the first half.

So why was Wober subbed?

I reckon we may not have conceded at least two of those three goals with Wober on the park.

8 shots/headers off-target.

Since our return to the PL, Jack Harrison scored our first & last goal at this level.

Pontus brick song was loud :lol:
1964white

Re: Leeds Utd 1-4 Tottenham Hotspur - Watched a replay of the whole game.

Post by 1964white »

1964white wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:50 pm Going down 1-0 early, then two of our CB's yellow carded in the first 14 minutes wasn't a great start. We never learned our lessons this season as we conceded in the first two minutes of the second-half too.

Cooper & Struijk culpable for two goals each. Cooper, Koch, Ayling & Kristensen putting in no challenge for their 4th goal.

Is it any wonder why Big Sam was constantly shaking his head.

16 good actions from Wober in the first half.
15 good actions from Kristensen in the first half.
15 good actions from Forshaw in the first half.

So why was Wober subbed?

I reckon we may not have conceded at least two of those three goals with Wober on the park.

8 shots/headers off-target.

Since our return to the PL, Jack Harrison scored our first & last goal at this level.

Pontus brick song was loud :lol:
Obviously, folk on here thought Wober had a poor game.