The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 1st June) Cooper wants to stay but do Leeds want him

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 1st June) Cooper wants to stay but do Leeds want him

Post by Ellandback1 »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:19 am The Championship will suit Liam Cooper. Although his age is a consideration, I’d keep him anyway for his experience and maybe eventually, as someone has already suggested, make him part of the coaching set up. You can’t doubt or fault his commitment to this club.

The only way Bamford will leave is if he is told he is surplus to requirements, is available on “a free” and he, himself, would be willing to accept a cut in wages.

We can’t afford to take a loss on Rutter (and at this point it would be a heavy loss), so he will be kept in the hope that he will live up to the value of his transfer fee in due course.
Could we afford to take a loss on Rutter tho?

If a club were to offer 20m??

I know its a big loss, but it's the same amount Borisia Dortmund paid for Erling Haaland three years ago

He's a 21yo that has some talent. Our expectation levels are high, ONLY because of his price tag.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 1st June) Cooper wants to stay but do Leeds want him

Post by BGwhite »

White Riot wrote: Yeah, if clubs do their homework it will be tough to get rid of Bamfraud :(
Would he even pass a medical now ? Doubt it unless it was at lufc Image

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

BGwhite wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:26 pm Would he even pass a medical now ? Doubt it unless it was at lufc Image

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk
Aye, if someone is looking to offload dross we're up for it always :)

Imagine being sent a video of our performances this season and being asked "Which of these lot do you fancy?"
Erm?
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

lufc1304 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:18 am Cooper I'd definitely keep for another year, though not as a starter. His experience will be invaluable if, as expected, we have a lot of young and/or new players unaware of the pressures of playing for Leeds.

A fully fit Bamford would have something to offer in the Championship but, again, not as a guaranteed starter. The key thing is will he ever be fully fit again?

Not young Rutter's fault that he's been burdened with a huge and unjustifiable price tag, nor that he came into a club in freefall. We currently don't know if he is good enough, even for the Championship, as he has had little to no game time. Would be madness to sell him, imo, no way we're getting anything like what we paid for him if we did. Let's see what he's like with a full pre-season and a run of games before passing judgement.
All of this :tup:
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

It's likely that we'll have both Bamford and Cooper because I don't think there will be many suitors.

That's not a bad thing. We need personalities like Cooper (Ayling, Dallas) in the club. We'll lose several of our prime players. So the squad is likely to be a mix of senior pros and youngsters (like Rutter)
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Keeping Coops is inevitable but for me it shows a lack of vision. He has Leeds at heart, absolutely, but he plays one good game in a handful. And what’s he going to do as a coach? Teach players how to pull shirts and slide in late?

Lose the sentimentality Leeds and let him go to Bradford or Barnsley. He’d do a job there.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Ellandback1 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:11 pm Could we afford to take a loss on Rutter tho?

If a club were to offer 20m??

I know its a big loss, but it's the same amount Borisia Dortmund paid for Erling Haaland three years ago

He's a 21yo that has some talent. Our expectation levels are high, ONLY because of his price tag.
I don’t think any club would be prepared to offer £20m though Elland. £10m would be pushing it based on what he’s shown so far in which case we might as well keep and hope that he’s a revelation next season.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Orange Box wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:18 pm Keeping Coops is inevitable but for me it shows a lack of vision. He has Leeds at heart, absolutely, but he plays one good game in a handful. And what’s he going to do as a coach? Teach players how to pull shirts and slide in late?

Lose the sentimentality Leeds and let him go to Bradford or Barnsley. He’d do a job there.
100% OB

If we need experience, then bring better experienced players in, simples.

Where exactly has the leadership of Cooper, Ayling, Forshaw, Rodrigo and Bamford been evident over the past two seasons?

Bin the lot asap.