I'd just prefer football people making football decisions.The Subhuman wrote: ↑Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:25 am Maybe maybe not, but he's probably seen more live football than you or I probably interacted with more players, probably talked to more people that know about football....
Selecting a manager is a lottery where 40% is an excellent record. I've no clue if he'll hire our new manager or not, I've no clue if the Niners will leave the ball in his court but one things for sure he's in a better position to do that job than you or I if it push came to shove
Lets vote on who we'd select and report transfer rumours that won't come true til the cows come home and let the cards fall where they may.... Part of being a fan is acceptance and then support till the player/manager proves himself or herself inept
Get that bit nailed and your golden
I don't imagine even Angus would claim this is his specialist skill.
He's an executive, a money man
He isn't an expert on managers or implementing playing philosophy
You can see it in the manager list.
We could have picked those managers, there is nobody a normal fan couldn't have picked out and gone yeah he'll do a job maybe.
That's why I'd have preferred a Director of Football first
When non football people start making on field decisions it rarely goes well.
Look at Chelsea or even Manure last few years.
We will see I suppose.
Hopefully they get it right and we can have have good season.
But it's ridiculous to limit yourself to such a small pool of managers as we have done because we haven't anyone with the knowledge to widen it.





