malcolmw wrote: ↑Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:05 pm
In South Africa we used to say that yogurt has more culture than Australians
(I can only imagine what they think of South Africans.)
I will say though (as tough as it is to say it) I think Australia are - per capita - one of the strongest sporting nations in the world.
Cricket, rugby, swimming, etc. Their medal count in the Olympics is always impressive, given their population.
But they do play hard (and can certainly squeal when they lose). Also, their commentators are by far, the most biased on the planet - Especially Tony Greig - after he turned Ozzie.
The modern epitome of their style is Greg Norman. His near psychopathic, pro-Trump approach to this LIV Golf fiasco has been disgusting.
They will still have more culture than Canadians Malcolm
Yeah, I was staying up all hours of the night watching the last Ashes tour down under.
The bias from their commentators was that bad that I had to mute the stream. Absolutely no class at all, and their players are just the same.
Adam Gilchrist was the exception, his comments were largely, intelligent and worth listening to.
I always say, save your good manners for those that deserve them, and this Australia team, like many before them does not deserve any good manners, or respect from us.
With your South African background you will understand that sometimes you have to show your teeth.
When I've encountered South Africans every single one has been polite, respectful and well mannered
A credit to their country