Leeds in training. 2023/24

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: Leeds in training - 2023/24

Post by Kennyb41 »

I enjoyed seeing t around 10mins the quick, short intricate passing and movement training, hopefully a sign of things to come which would suit the quick thinking players like Cooper, different managers bring out different qualities in each individual, and if he goes with a hardworking 1 up front and PB stays fit, he could have him back to his lone Bert roll up front.

Who can name all the players not present in that, there seemed to be a lot.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
Zürich White
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2023 4:01 pm

Re: Leeds in training - 2023/24

Post by Zürich White »

White Riot wrote: ↑Sat Jul 08, 2023 7:44 am There isn't a sweat in him ZW :x

Sooner we see the back of that tosser the better :wave:
I never liked him, tbh, but when he came to LUFC I tried to see the positives in him, and support the lad, but he definitely hasn't re-payed the faith I showed in him.
Not that it bothers him, I'm guessing, but I also wonder who would pay good money ( or even any money ) for him.

My hope now is that Farke gets him motivated enough to either get a decent performance out of him on the pitch, or to sell him to get him off the wage bill.
Zürich White
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2023 4:01 pm

Re: Leeds in training - 2023/24

Post by Zürich White »

Kennyb41 wrote: ↑Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:06 am I don't agree, the likes of LC and PB could be reborn again if Farke takes the Bert route.

We'd get fck all for them anyway and to me they're better to be part of the squad.
I hope you're right. I really hope you're right!

The 'plan' seems fairly simple, and would have huge benefits for both the players and the Club 12 months down the line, but especially with PB he just seems like a wrong 'un.

If he was getting £70,000 a week before relegation, and then had his wages halved in the summer, it still means he's on £35k a week, for 3 years, which would be £5m ( give or take a fiver here or there )

Jimmy Hill has a lot to answer for. £20 a week is plenty! It was then, it is now!
Bloody modern football! ;-)
User avatar
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3355
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:02 am

Re: Leeds in training - 2023/24

Post by GreennWhite »

What's the latest news on Dallas. Anywhere near first team football yet ?
Colloguy
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:22 pm

Re: Leeds in training - 2023/24

Post by Colloguy »

mentalcase wrote: Hopefully DF will tempt both Adams and Sinni to stay.
How do you think Adams will go in a Farke system I feel adams will struggle not sure if he has the passing range.
User avatar
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 22420
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Re: Leeds in training - 2023/24

Post by White Riot »

GreennWhite wrote: ↑Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:45 pm What's the latest news on Dallas. Anywhere near first team football yet ?
Very quiet on the Stuart Dallas front.

That was a really bad injury he had, so even if he ever makes it back I don't expect a lot from him.

Good pro and a good servant for us, but I'm not sentimental about any of these old Championship dudes.

We've needed a good clear out for quite a few years.
User avatar
mentalcase
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 10414
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:19 pm

Re: Leeds in training - 2023/24

Post by mentalcase »

Colloguy wrote: ↑Sun Jul 09, 2023 1:05 am How do you think Adams will go in a Farke system I feel adams will struggle not sure if he has the passing range.
Most decent footballers can adapt, I think TA is perfectly adaptable, there are too many that can't hence why they don't progress to another level, and we have had many of that type these last few years, one of the main reasons we are in the position we are in.
" Man is not affected by events but by the view he takes of them "
DDB220
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7088
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:17 am

Re: Leeds in training - 2023/24

Post by DDB220 »

malcolmw wrote: ↑Fri Jul 07, 2023 6:43 pm I also noticed that the sprint training seemed far more intensive than other prior regimes last season. I think Falke will demand a higher level of fitness than, certainly, Marsh. I always thought under Marsh our side was never quite as fit over 90 minutes than most of our competition. Its a basic requirement, surely.

I was concerned about the missing faces, so glad to hear you guys all talking about those who have returned but just not yet in action. Although I'd still have expected to those with injuries showing up at medical? So I'm not yet convinced that the likes of Adams, Harrison, Sinisterra are staying. Personally would like to see all 3 stay.
Assuming we've lost/losing Gnonto and Summerville?

Great news about Wober. I agree he should be captain this season. Coops and even Ayling did well for us in the past in the role, but need new leadership now. Wober checks all the boxes for me, including speaking the same language as the coach!

I am hoping DF brings in a number 9 and a solid defender alongside Wober (Struik doesn't cut it for me).
Bleep tests are a good metric for fitness. I heard 17.2 on the footage that is a high level at the beginning of pre season. I would be very interested to see where players are at the end in terms of improvement.

In my younger days I used a system called Mons track-when I ran at club level athletics. This involves 5x400 meter full bust runs with 30 seconds rest intervals. Then 3x 800 1min rest between each and 2 times 1500 1min rest between each. I did this regime twice a week between 15 - 20k runs on the road 4 times a week. This is club level. The top athletes do far more. But this training is in preparation for a relatively short athletics season. Football is a different type of fitness so no comparisons really.
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: Leeds in training - 2023/24

Post by Kennyb41 »

DDB220 wrote: ↑Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:21 pm Bleep tests are a good metric for fitness. I heard 17.2 on the footage that is a high level at the beginning of pre season. I would be very interested to see where players are at the end in terms of improvement.

In my younger days I used a system called Mons track-when I ran at club level athletics. This involves 5x400 meter full bust runs with 30 seconds rest intervals. Then 3x 800 1min rest between each and 2 times 1500 1min rest between each. I did this regime twice a week between 15 - 20k runs on the road 4 times a week. This is club level. The top athletes do far more. But this training is in preparation for a relatively short athletics season. Football is a different type of fitness so no comparisons really.
Fcking knackered just reading that...

:beers: :beer:
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
User avatar
mentalcase
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 10414
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:19 pm

Re: Leeds in training - 2023/24

Post by mentalcase »

DDB220 wrote: ↑Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:21 pm Bleep tests are a good metric for fitness. I heard 17.2 on the footage that is a high level at the beginning of pre season. I would be very interested to see where players are at the end in terms of improvement.

In my younger days I used a system called Mons track-when I ran at club level athletics. This involves 5x400 meter full bust runs with 30 seconds rest intervals. Then 3x 800 1min rest between each and 2 times 1500 1min rest between each. I did this regime twice a week between 15 - 20k runs on the road 4 times a week. This is club level. The top athletes do far more. But this training is in preparation for a relatively short athletics season. Football is a different type of fitness so no comparisons really.
Thats excellent stuff that is :clap: :clap:
When on leave I used to train with the "Halifax Harriers" 1500 was my speciality at that level, cross country was a favourite as we used to regularly do 20k tabs.
I wonder what distances mountain runs , he has my respect running those hills/mountains.
" Man is not affected by events but by the view he takes of them "
DDB220
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7088
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:17 am

Re: Leeds in training - 2023/24

Post by DDB220 »

mentalcase wrote: ↑Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:39 pm Thats excellent stuff that is :clap: :clap:
When on leave I used to train with the "Halifax Harriers" 1500 was my speciality at that level, cross country was a favourite as we used to regularly do 20k tabs.
I wonder what distances mountain runs , he has my respect running those hills/mountains.
Fell running is a different ball game. I did a bit 30 years ago. It was nowhere near the level of competition these days. Runners dedicate themselves to this now. Need to be a whippet in stature ideally, I have watched a few races in the last 10 years it has moved on considerably, still very hazardous. Descents are generally harder on the body than the climbs.
User avatar
mentalcase
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 10414
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:19 pm

Re: Leeds in training - 2023/24

Post by mentalcase »

DDB220 wrote: ↑Sun Jul 09, 2023 1:06 pm Fell running is a different ball game. I did a bit 30 years ago. It was nowhere near the level of competition these days. Runners dedicate themselves to this now. Need to be a whippet in stature ideally, I have watched a few races in the last 10 years it has moved on considerably, still very hazardous. Descents are generally harder on the body than the climbs.
Yea those guys are incredible, I still go to watch a few of those events and marvel at their pace, as you say, different ball game, when they fall and gash their body they're straight back at it.
It would kill my back now if I tried anything like that.
I've signed up for the Rob Burrow Leeds marathon for next year, that'll be enough.
" Man is not affected by events but by the view he takes of them "
User avatar
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3716
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:20 am
Location: Qualicum Beach, BC, Canada

Re: Leeds in training - 2023/24

Post by malcolmw »

mentalcase wrote: ↑Sun Jul 09, 2023 5:15 pm Yea those guys are incredible, I still go to watch a few of those events and marvel at their pace, as you say, different ball game, when they fall and gash their body they're straight back at it.
It would kill my back now if I tried anything like that.
I've signed up for the Rob Burrow Leeds marathon for next year, that'll be enough.
What kept me fit as a youngster was playing flyhalf in schools rugby in South Africa and having to run with the ball as fast as my short legs would carry me to get away from the ginormous forwards bearing down on me. Don't know what planet those f**kers came from!
It was pure survival really.
Took up marathon running in later life - less hazardous.
For me the sports I've played requiring the highest level of fitness are squash, rugby and 400m running.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155450
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds in training - 2023/24

Post by 1964white »

Max happy to be back in training at Leeds.


Screenshot 2023-07-10 20.17.12.png
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155450
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds in training - 2023/24

Post by 1964white »

Screenshot 2023-07-10 20.19.55.png
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155450
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds in training - 2023/24

Post by 1964white »

Screenshot 2023-07-10 20.20.59.png
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155450
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds in training - 2023/24

Post by 1964white »

Screenshot 2023-07-10 20.22.03.png
User avatar
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3716
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:20 am
Location: Qualicum Beach, BC, Canada

Re: Leeds in training - 2023/24

Post by malcolmw »

1964white wrote: ↑Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:19 pm Max happy to be back in training at Leeds.



Screenshot 2023-07-10 20.17.12.png
That is good to see!
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155450
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds in training - 2023/24

Post by 1964white »

User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155450
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds in training - 2023/24

Post by 1964white »

Post Reply