US Masters 2026 Golf Comp

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
mentalcase
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 10414
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:19 pm

Re: Golf Thread : Cameron Smith wins THE OPEN

Post by mentalcase »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:41 am Bit harsh MC. If he’s a fan then where’s he likely to parade his Claret Jug.
Everyone seemed happy that Billy Foster was a Leeds fan, what if he paraded the US Open trophy at ER.
He’s a nice bloke and I don’t care who he supports. Like you say keep them separate is best
Yea, I accept that, I remember Steffan Edberg saying he was a Leeds fans in the early 90's after wimbledon, but don't think he paraded the trophy at ER.
Mcilroy did that stunt for a purpose, I don't recall seeing any other golfer at a football ground showing off his trophy, cheap trick imho.
Happily, it's the only silverware their fans are likely to see for a long while :-D :tup:
" Man is not affected by events but by the view he takes of them "
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21207
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Golf Thread : Cameron Smith wins THE OPEN

Post by Jaydog »

mentalcase wrote: ↑Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:46 am Yea, I accept that, I remember Steffan Edberg saying he was a Leeds fans in the early 90's after wimbledon, but don't think he paraded the trophy at ER.
Mcilroy did that stunt for a purpose, I don't recall seeing any other golfer at a football ground showing off his trophy, cheap trick imho.
Happily, it's the only silverware their fans are likely to see for a long while :-D :tup:
Amen to that brother.
P.S. I am actually worried that some of these poor baby golfers may run out of money soon. Shall I organise a whip round on here. Obviously we won’t send any to Rory :-D
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21207
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Golf Thread : Cameron Smith wins THE OPEN

Post by Jaydog »

Would like to see the worlds top 50 and which European/British football team they support. How many LUFC fans I wonder
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Tighthead
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 713
Joined: Wed May 25, 2022 2:49 pm
Location: South Central Coast

Re: Golf Thread : Cameron Smith wins THE OPEN

Post by Tighthead »

Fitzys a Sheff U supporter but I was over the moon for him when he won his US Open. Billy has a yardage chart book that has a LUFC crest on the front, Leeds front and center always :)

If Rory supports them, it doesn't detract from the fact he is a wonderful golfer.
User avatar
Tighthead
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 713
Joined: Wed May 25, 2022 2:49 pm
Location: South Central Coast

Re: Golf Thread : Cameron Smith wins THE OPEN

Post by Tighthead »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:00 am Would like to see the worlds top 50 and which European/British football team they support. How many LUFC fans I wonder
Not a lot I would have thought.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21207
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Golf Thread : Cameron Smith wins THE OPEN

Post by Jaydog »

Tighthead wrote: ↑Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:01 am Fitzys a Sheff U supporter but I was over the moon for him when he won his US Open. Billy has a yardage chart book that has a LUFC crest on the front, Leeds front and center always :)

If Rory supports them, it doesn't detract from the fact he is a wonderful golfer.
Love Billy. Does a great Seve impression. Hilarious.
Rory’s long game with Cam Smiths wedge & putting game. That would be a good combo.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Tighthead
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 713
Joined: Wed May 25, 2022 2:49 pm
Location: South Central Coast

Re: Golf Thread : Cameron Smith wins THE OPEN

Post by Tighthead »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:06 am Love Billy. Does a great Seve impression. Hilarious.
Rory’s long game with Cam Smiths wedge & putting game. That would be a good combo.
Gordon Bennett, that would win the Grand Slam :-D
User avatar
Chilli D
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8791
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: Golf Thread : Cameron Smith wins THE OPEN

Post by Chilli D »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:06 am Love Billy. Does a great Seve impression. Hilarious.
Rory’s long game with Cam Smiths wedge & putting game. That would be a good combo.
Billy often wears his Leeds baseball cap when caddying for MF and he once did the Leeds salute when he walked past the camera when someone else was being interviewed.
Brilliant.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
User avatar
Muppet the Cat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 18332
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Golf Thread : Cameron Smith wins THE OPEN

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Is the mullet still alive and well in Oz, then 🤔
User avatar
mentalcase
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 10414
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:19 pm

Re: Golf Thread : Cameron Smith wins THE OPEN

Post by mentalcase »

Muppet the Cat wrote: ↑Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:47 am Is the mullet still alive and well in Oz, then 🤔
I thought Limahl from Kajagoogoo won the trophy, but was "too shy " to lift it.
" Man is not affected by events but by the view he takes of them "
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2911
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:34 pm

Re: Golf Thread : Cameron Smith wins THE OPEN

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Tighthead wrote: ↑Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:50 am Same could be said for Rory, putting wise on Sunday. Would have been Titanic.
It's been a few years since Rory had a reliable putting stroke under pressure. Hopefully it does improve you want to see the best ball strikers doing well.. imo
User avatar
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 13930
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:09 pm
Location: No Longer Lousiana - Southern Illinois

Re: Golf Thread : Cameron Smith wins THE OPEN

Post by John in Louisiana »

Seems to me Rory decided he'd go out and reach all the par fives in two, a couple of the short par fours in one, make 18 two-putts and win the tournament.

He didn't count on someone making a bunch of one putts, and by the time he realized what was happening it was too late to turn it on.

Both Camerons were incredible yesterday. What Cameron Smith did was historic. Greatest final round in a major ever, and not just any major, but THE major and on THE course. That round has already entered into legend.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21207
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Golf Thread : Cameron Smith wins THE OPEN

Post by Jaydog »

Looking forward to the Open. Any thoughts from golf fans on here? Chilli what do you reckon?
Maybe Jordan Spieth the new Leeds fan & investor will win enough money to buy a new player.
I’ll go with Ricky Fowler.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21207
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Golf Thread : Cameron Smith wins THE OPEN

Post by Jaydog »

Mods can you change the name of this thread to just Golf Thread:The Open.
Mind you if you leave it long enough it could well be correct.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14652
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: Golf Thread : THE OPEN

Post by hector »

:tup:
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155363
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Golf Thread

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:25 am Mods can you change the name of this thread to just Golf Thread:The Open.
Mind you if you leave it long enough it could well be correct.
Done, Jay.

Well done :clap: remembering & finding the Golf Thread, it's not rocket science is it mate?
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21207
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Golf Thread

Post by Jaydog »

1964white wrote: ↑Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:23 am Done, Jay.

Well done :clap: remembering & finding the Golf Thread, it's not rocket science is it mate?
Thanks Leon :tup:

Yeah I excelled myself finding it tbh :)
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155363
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Golf Thread

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:30 am Thanks Leon :tup:

Yeah I excelled myself finding it tbh :)
I wish everybody would use the search engine, would save me a bit of work, especially during the actual football season.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21207
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Golf Thread

Post by Jaydog »

1964white wrote: ↑Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:52 am I wish everybody would use the search engine, would save me a bit of work, especially during the actual football season.
I’ll do my best to be tidy from now on
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14652
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: Golf Thread

Post by hector »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:30 am Thanks Leon :tup:

Yeah I excelled myself finding it tbh :)
do you see my thumbs up???

it's there because I changed the thread.... don't know what 64 did..... but the thread was changed before he chimed up :P
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
Post Reply