Best 3 Album Run
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155130
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Best 3 Album Run
I wish all the above members were participating in the Album of the Year polls
- Finnatic
- Superstar

- Posts: 6703
- Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:47 pm
Re: Best 3 Album Run
This is difficult, there are quite a few songs off many of the albums I really like but the rest of the album is just ok.
There is a strange logic going in in my mind as to what I pick.
As the thread suggests, I’m going with my best three album run even though lots of the ones I’ve left out I prefer as a two album run.
King Crimson
The Stranglers
U2
The Cure
The Smiths
Echo & The Bunnymen
Led Zeppelin
There is a strange logic going in in my mind as to what I pick.
As the thread suggests, I’m going with my best three album run even though lots of the ones I’ve left out I prefer as a two album run.
King Crimson
The Stranglers
U2
The Cure
The Smiths
Echo & The Bunnymen
Led Zeppelin
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 78985
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Best 3 Album Run
7 - Tool
6 - Massive Attack
5 - Blueneck
4 - The Doors
3 - The Cure
2 - Sevdaliza
1 - Simple Minds
By points scored
6 - Massive Attack
5 - Blueneck
4 - The Doors
3 - The Cure
2 - Sevdaliza
1 - Simple Minds
By points scored
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- airedale
- First Team

- Posts: 1455
- Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:25 pm
- Location: Yorkshire
Re: Best 3 Album Run
The Jam
Elvis Costello
Rage against the machine
Bob Marley and the Wailers
The Smiths
The Cure
Echo and the Bunnymen
Elvis Costello
Rage against the machine
Bob Marley and the Wailers
The Smiths
The Cure
Echo and the Bunnymen
- lufc1304
- Superstar

- Posts: 14807
- Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
- Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
- Location: Lisburn, N.I
Re: Best 3 Album Run
Curtis Mayfield
The Jam
The Smiths
The Doors
Echo and The Bunnymen
David Bowie
Talk Talk
The Jam
The Smiths
The Doors
Echo and The Bunnymen
David Bowie
Talk Talk
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
- Muppet the Cat
- Moderator

- Posts: 18293
- Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm
- Location: Cardiff
Re: Best 3 Album Run
7pts - Black Sabbath
6pts - David Bowie
5pts - Rainbow
4pts - Pink Floyd
3pts - James
2pts - AC/DC (Hector)
1pt - Elvis Costello
6pts - David Bowie
5pts - Rainbow
4pts - Pink Floyd
3pts - James
2pts - AC/DC (Hector)
1pt - Elvis Costello
- CUSSIE01
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 9720
- Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
- Location: Where God finally got it right.
Re: Best 3 Album Run
1 Springsteen
2 Interpol
3 Bowie
4 The Waterboys
5 Pink Floyd
6 U2
7 James
2 Interpol
3 Bowie
4 The Waterboys
5 Pink Floyd
6 U2
7 James
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155130
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Best 3 Album Run
Delines
Marrvin Gaye
Radiohead
David Bowie
Smiths
Neil Young
Talk Talk
Marrvin Gaye
Radiohead
David Bowie
Smiths
Neil Young
Talk Talk
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155130
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Best 3 Album Run
Delines
Smiths
David Bowie
Neil Young
ELO
Pink Floyd
Status Quo
Smiths
David Bowie
Neil Young
ELO
Pink Floyd
Status Quo
-
Mrs64
- Superstar

- Posts: 8201
- Joined: Tue May 05, 2015 2:07 pm
-
Clacton White
- First Team

- Posts: 2071
- Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:56 pm
Re: Best 3 Album Run
I wouldn't know any albums released this year , barring those from old punk bands still existing. Anything modern , or new .... haven't the foggiest so I would be pissing in the dark .
-
Clacton White
- First Team

- Posts: 2071
- Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:56 pm
Re: Best 3 Album Run
Stranglers
Motorhead
Black Sabbath
Killing Joke
ELO
The Jam
Pink Floyd
Motorhead
Black Sabbath
Killing Joke
ELO
The Jam
Pink Floyd
- Madron
- Manager

- Posts: 3661
- Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:46 pm
Re: Best 3 Album Run
Haven't even heard of some on the list, let alone listened to their albums ,but of those I know
The Jam
Manics II ( as picked by me)
Stranglers
Pink Floyd
Smiths
Elvis Costello
REM
The Jam
Manics II ( as picked by me)
Stranglers
Pink Floyd
Smiths
Elvis Costello
REM
- Muppet the Cat
- Moderator

- Posts: 18293
- Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm
- Location: Cardiff
Re: Best 3 Album Run
Really like the Manic’s, Ron……..but both yourself and Rook included a run with The Holy Bible in, which whilst many Manic’s fans will put at the top of the pile, I’d put it down near the bottom…..have never liked it. Much prefer their post Richie output.
I’d have gone - Know Your Enemy, Lifeblood (my personal favourite) and Send Away The Tigers
I’d have gone - Know Your Enemy, Lifeblood (my personal favourite) and Send Away The Tigers
- Madron
- Manager

- Posts: 3661
- Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:46 pm
Re: Best 3 Album Run
Could have just as easily had KYE instead of THB, but I love the other 2 EMG & TIMTTMY the most.Muppet the Cat wrote: ↑Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:19 pm Really like the Manic’s, Ron……..but both yourself and Rook included a run with The Holy Bible in, which whilst many Manic’s fans will put at the top of the pile, I’d put it down near the bottom…..have never liked it. Much prefer their post Richie output.
I’d have gone - Know Your Enemy, Lifeblood (my personal favourite) and Send Away The Tigers
...........best 4 album run ?
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155130
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Best 3 Album Run
Was there a Rolling Stones nomination?
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155130
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Best 3 Album Run
Fair enough, ClactonClacton White wrote: ↑Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:56 pm I wouldn't know any albums released this year , barring those from old punk bands still existing. Anything modern , or new .... haven't the foggiest so I would be pissing in the dark .
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155130
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Best 3 Album Run
I didn't think I was dreaming it, probably why Cat of myself didnt nominate their run of three in the 60s.
A Stones nomination would have been high on my voting list,
-
Lufc76Cor
- Subs Bench

- Posts: 997
- Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:40 pm
Re: Best 3 Album Run
Status Quo
Nirvana
Motorhead
AC/DC (me)
AC/DC (Hector)
The Waterboys
The Doors
Nirvana
Motorhead
AC/DC (me)
AC/DC (Hector)
The Waterboys
The Doors
- hector
- Moderator

- Posts: 14621
- Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
- Location: In a wood
Re: Best 3 Album Run
Led Zep
Bowie
Pink Floyd
Rainbow
ACDC (me)
Black Sabbath
ACDC (lufc76cor)
Bowie
Pink Floyd
Rainbow
ACDC (me)
Black Sabbath
ACDC (lufc76cor)
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time