Birmingham City v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Sinisterra and Gnonto Missing from Squad

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Re: Birmingham City v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Sinisterra and Gnonto Missing from Squad

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:47 pm How was he treated by Chelsea Paul :duno:
I've not been able to find out any details on exactly what happened. Only that he and his representatives are not happy with Chelsea Football Club.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
Broad Ford
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Birmingham City v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Sinisterra and Gnonto Missing from Squad

Post by Broad Ford »

whiteinfrance wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:17 pm I have just had enough of Ayling and James :evil:
Agreed. Ayling is too inconsistent to play as a regular right back. We've had the best out of him and he's now fading. Bless him.

James has no end product and can be best described as a headless chicken. Fast but in front of goal he is hesitant, inconsistent and costly.

There are better options sat on the recovery table along with others that are unsure if they want to stick around.
If you don't know where you are going, every road will get you nowhere.
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

geronimo wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:26 pm The reality is nothing is underway we are letting players go who want to leave and can't replace them we are relying on young kids and players who ain't good enough to fill the gaps the strength in depth is nowhere near big enough in a league with far more games after last season we were considered to be one of the favourites to go back up when the reality is we are nowhere near ready Leicester will win the league and Southampton will finish above us it's nailed on already fella
So you know all this with 2 games played and 44 to go. Wow, you're good.
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

The Subhuman wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:57 pm I think the key thing to remember is Birmingham were really poor, absolutely awful.
So?
I know when I play golf, my game tends to mirror those I play with.
I'm still crap, but it's all relative right. :roflmao:
geronimo
First Team
First Team
Twitter: none

Post by geronimo »

malcolmw wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:19 am So you know all this with 2 games played and 44 to go. Wow, you're good.
There is an old saying in football fella
You can't gloss over a turd 😆
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Sounds like I had a massive stroke of luck to have been at a festival yesterday instead of having to watch the match!

This club has a great propensity to implode spectacularly every so often to completely wipe out any advances made previously and it looks like we are in one those phases currently. When things go wrong at this club they go disastrously wrong.

When other teams get relegated they dust themselves down, take the parachute payments and get themselves back to challenging for promotion in quick order. When we go down, half the team leaves and most of the other half also want out and, at this point in proceedings, the only way you can see us getting out of this league is through the basement to League one.

I can’t find a rate the ref thread for yesterday’s game but I would be interested to know how he performed. I always have my suspicions when we lose a game by conceding a (perhaps soft) penalty late on.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

geronimo wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:38 pm fine 😆 we are garbage too many on here living in Dreamland many need to wake up fast this squad needs a complete overhaul before we can even begin to think about promotion again
Dreamland. You sound like a bed salesman.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:29 pm Shame that, i thought we deserved a point, there were some pluses, the negatives were obvious, you can't expect a lot with a makeshift team and only about 4/5 of your 1st choice 11 on the pitch.

He's dealing with the bare bones of a bare squad, and i thought it a fine effort considering half were carrying the other half, and the other half just haven't the quality and should be playing in 1 league lower at least, if you stick 10 of your best players out you can get away with carrying a Shackleton or Poveda, James, Joffy, Cresswell, Struik.

At least they put up a fight and didn't look all over the shop and seemed to know their roles, you can't get mad, they're just not good enough, the quality just isn't there in a lot of these and we're gonna struggle until he can get his squad together that he's happy with, then you can start to judge him.

I know these players, and i'm judging him now, it was not ALL bad, they are just not good enough even for this level.

Ampadu was excellent considering, along with some more that did ok, Gray in particular....i could go on, but basically he needs help and fast, but not that fast that we just buy any fcker, i feel confident he will get them playing ok when we have a full squad.
That's a very fair post Kenny....you make some very valid points
geronimo
First Team
First Team

Post by geronimo »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:42 am Dreamland. You sound like a bed salesman.
This current team could put a glass eye to sleep 😄
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

geronimo wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:38 am This current team could put a glass eye to sleep 😄
Then mebee you need to remove yours :)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:04 am Then mebee you need to remove yours :)

It was a yawn fest to be fair.

We have nothing going forward without our three little ones upfront & precious little creativity in midfield.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Leeds supporters let their frustration known by aiming a chant towards Gnonto at St Andrew’s, making it difficult to see a way back for the Italy international – and indeed Sinisterra should he make it clear he wants out.

Adams and Harrison are in a different position, as both are nursing injuries rather than refusing to play, but the uncertainty over the futures of all four players is far from ideal for Farke.

The best solution in the case of Gnonto and Sinisterra is surely to let both players depart if and when concrete offers are tabled, while Farke could do with Adams and Harrison’s futures – injured or otherwise – being resolved as soon as possible so that replacements can be sought.

Only then can Farke truly get to work on turning things around at Elland Road and ultimately achieve his aim of guiding Leeds to an instant return to the big time.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:07 am It was a yawn fest to be fair.

We have nothing going forward without our three little ones upfront & precious little creativity in midfield.
What do people expect though Leon, we've been well and truly shafted by the previous regime not to mention some players. I'm sure the few players we had available did their best. I agree that maybe some just aren't good enough, but it seems go me that some folk on here just don't understand the gravity of the club situation and just want to blame yesterday's team and Farke. This mess we've been left with is going to take some sorting out. I guess I can take this attitude as I didnt expect promotion or too much from this season.....constant moaning about it isn't going to change things, I just wish people would get behind the club!
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:33 am Leeds supporters let their frustration known by aiming a chant towards Gnonto at St Andrew’s, making it difficult to see a way back for the Italy international – and indeed Sinisterra should he make it clear he wants out.

Adams and Harrison are in a different position, as both are nursing injuries rather than refusing to play, but the uncertainty over the futures of all four players is far from ideal for Farke.

The best solution in the case of Gnonto and Sinisterra is surely to let both players depart if and when concrete offers are tabled, while Farke could do with Adams and Harrison’s futures – injured or otherwise – being resolved as soon as possible so that replacements can be sought.

Only then can Farke truly get to work on turning things around at Elland Road and ultimately achieve his aim of guiding Leeds to an instant return to the big time.
WELL SAID KENNY !!!!!

Someone who truly understands the situation we find ourselves in.....
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:00 pm What do people expect though Leon, we've been well and truly shafted by the previous regime not to mention some players. I'm sure the few players we had available did their best. I agree that maybe some just aren't good enough, but it seems go me that some folk on here just don't understand the gravity of the club situation and just want to blame yesterday's team and Farke. This mess we've been left with is going to take some sorting out. I guess I can take this attitude as I didnt expect promotion or too much from this season.....constant moaning about it isn't going to change things, I just wish people would get behind the club!
Some people whiteswan just love the chance to be negative about all that's going on. They just wake up everyday and look to see who or what they can pick on.
We all realise the club is in a mess but it doesn't need rammed down everyone's throats every day of the week to make a point. These same people become quiet if/when things go well ( my god that could be a long time coming, lol ) and just wait until something goes wrong again and they then say well i knew this would happen. The content of their posts never change, all they do is just rearrange the words.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:00 pm What do people expect though Leon, we've been well and truly shafted by the previous regime not to mention some players. I'm sure the few players we had available did their best. I agree that maybe some just aren't good enough, but it seems go me that some folk on here just don't understand the gravity of the club situation and just want to blame yesterday's team and Farke. This mess we've been left with is going to take some sorting out. I guess I can take this attitude as I didnt expect promotion or too much from this season.....constant moaning about it isn't going to change things, I just wish people would get behind the club!
Well said. We all knew this would be transitional season and an opportunity to give some youngsters a chance.
geronimo
First Team
First Team

Post by geronimo »

I agree we have been left in a total mess by orta and radrizaani but the gravity of the situation as only become clear since the 49ers took over. many fans thought we would bounce straight back up
Its becoming clear that this club needs a total rebuild from top to bottom and employing farke is the only answer the 49ers have come up with so far the silence from them and lack of investment so far is staggering we are relying on players to be sold before we spend any money that ain't the vision many fans had when they took over
It took sixteen years to get up last time now we are expected to go through it all again that is what it is pissing many fans off
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:02 pm WELL SAID KENNY !!!!!

Someone who truly understands the situation we find ourselves in.....
I'm quite embarrassed Swannie, i copy n pasted it from Newsnow, but shhh, we'll keep it to ourselves :whistle:

Could you not tell, all the grandma was correct :roflmao:
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

The Leeds paradox

The players who would put everything on the line for the team,EG Cooper, James and Ayling are deemed undesirable and the ones we like are engineering their own exit.

I just can't wait to get to the end of August now.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

geronimo wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:28 pm I agree we have been left in a total mess by orta and radrizaani but the gravity of the situation as only become clear since the 49ers took over. many fans thought we would bounce straight back up
Its becoming clear that this club needs a total rebuild from top to bottom and employing farke is the only answer the 49ers have come up with so far the silence from them and lack of investment so far is staggering we are relying on players to be sold before we spend any money that ain't the vision many fans had when they took over
It took sixteen years to get up last time now we are expected to go through it all again that is what it is pissing many fans off
I know and I do understand fans frustrations. We are in a mess thanks to Radz and Co, maybe the 49ers as well, who knows what they knew before the take-over. I like many on here saw the great Revie team and some of the dross that came after and I'm beginning to get the same awful feeling that I did throughout the Liesdale debacle.
I can't do anything about the current situation which is why I just hope that somehow things will improve soon. In the meantime I'll get behind what's left of my beloved football club.....difficult as it is.