Georginio Rutter
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
-
Phild
- Subs Bench

- Posts: 523
- Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:17 pm
- Location: Golden BC Canada
Re: Georginio Rutter - WHY RUTTER WILL COME GOOD
Who has slagged Rutter off because he hasn't scored?
Most looking at his overall game and coming to their own conclusio
Most looking at his overall game and coming to their own conclusio
-
Phild
- Subs Bench

- Posts: 523
- Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:17 pm
- Location: Golden BC Canada
Re: Georginio Rutter - WHY RUTTER WILL COME GOOD
No disrespect whatsoever to you Weasel but I expect way more from top professionals who spend hours and hours on the training ground than the examples you experience
- Musicman1965
- First Team

- Posts: 2144
- Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:11 pm
Re: Georginio Rutter - WHY RUTTER WILL COME GOOD
The actual size of the transfer fee can be a burden on any player. Expectations follow, but you can see that Rutter needs game time and he needs to be given his natural playing position, so he has a chance to thrive. I feel for the guy and I really want him to do well for the club and prove the doubters wrong. When there is a mixture of skill and experience driving the side forward Rutter will then come into his own.
- Irish Ian
- Superstar

- Posts: 17184
- Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:53 pm
- Location: Directly above the centre of the Earth.
Re: Georginio Rutter - WHY RUTTER WILL COME GOOD
Keep those posts coming Billy, some nice points.
I hope Rutter can get on a decent run.
I hope Rutter can get on a decent run.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
- weasel
- Superstar

- Posts: 19701
- Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
- Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet
Re: Georginio Rutter - WHY RUTTER WILL COME GOOD
I'd expect it too but you will find players who just can't play together well just can't get on each other's wavelengths no matter how often they play together. Take Man U's team, cost more than Man City's but Guardiola knows what players work well with others. He builds a team often integrating new players extremely slowly until they are on the same wavelength as their team mates. Our team is what 7 weeks into getting to know each other and how much time will Dan James and Rutter have spent training together given that it was likely that at the start of summer it was likely Bamford up top, then Rutter got injured.
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
-
Phild
- Subs Bench

- Posts: 523
- Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:17 pm
- Location: Golden BC Canada
Re: Georginio Rutter - WHY RUTTER WILL COME GOOD
I get you point Weasel.
My thing with Rutter starts with his body language and goes on from there.
I feel that everybody around him is trying to make it work only because of the price tag.
Is he better than 5 or 6 of the other young ones, I'm not sure.
Hope for everyone's sake he starts to show something.
Turning to James, thought he had more than enough chances last time around.
Again hope he produces
My thing with Rutter starts with his body language and goes on from there.
I feel that everybody around him is trying to make it work only because of the price tag.
Is he better than 5 or 6 of the other young ones, I'm not sure.
Hope for everyone's sake he starts to show something.
Turning to James, thought he had more than enough chances last time around.
Again hope he produces
- Victor_OTT_17
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 3289
- Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:27 am
- Location: Ontario, Canada
- Contact:
Re: Georginio Rutter - WHY RUTTER WILL COME GOOD
On what I have seen since he came here, Rutter would struggle in League 1: there, I said it. And... (can you start a sentence with 'and' ???) And... I'm not wrong. We all want to be wrong about him and we all want him to be worth the money we paid for him. But... he isn't! And (I did it again) by the looks of things, he is never going to be...
- White Riot
- Superstar

- Posts: 22394
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
- Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Re: Georginio Rutter - WHY RUTTER WILL COME GOOD
Fair assessment VictorVictor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:15 am On what I have seen since he came here, Rutter would struggle in League 1: there, I said it. And... (can you start a sentence with 'and' ???) And... I'm not wrong. We all want to be wrong about him and we all want him to be worth the money we paid for him. But... he isn't! And (I did it again) by the looks of things, he is never going to be...
He's not the only sub League One level player we've got either
- Ellandback1
- Superstar

- Posts: 11896
- Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:01 pm
- Twitter: @EllandBack1
- Location: The truth is out there
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79056
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Georginio Rutter
People like absolutes here .... If he's not god he's s**t
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- Jaydog
- Superstar

- Posts: 21207
- Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
- Location: Here
Re: Georginio Rutter - WHY RUTTER WILL COME GOOD
He certainly divides a room does Rutter.
With those amazing runs he’d slice open a corridor.
With those amazing runs he’d slice open a corridor.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155260
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: WHY RUTTER WILL COME GOOD
Billy gets a bit uppity with folk when someone disagrees with him, mind you he has got history for ruffling feathers!Ellandback1 wrote: ↑Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:28 am To be fair, Billy's Statue's post was far from generic, concentrating more on why he feels Rutter will come good, as apposed to the norm!
-
Prisoner37
- First Team

- Posts: 1155
- Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:27 pm
Re: Georginio Rutter - WHY RUTTER WILL COME GOOD
I remember that pass from James Billy, coming over wide right but hadn't noticed Rutter's move into space.
I saw more of him operating in the second half because we we sat in the West Stand looking across the Leeds attacking line. What I noticed was Rutter on more than one occasion static between two defenders then shrugging when the ball wasn't passed to him.
Maybe he was getting frustrated due to the earlier example you gave? Although I have to say really good players make the game come to them.
I saw more of him operating in the second half because we we sat in the West Stand looking across the Leeds attacking line. What I noticed was Rutter on more than one occasion static between two defenders then shrugging when the ball wasn't passed to him.
Maybe he was getting frustrated due to the earlier example you gave? Although I have to say really good players make the game come to them.
- Cjay
- Superstar

- Posts: 41707
- Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm
Re: Georginio Rutter - WHY RUTTER WILL COME GOOD
Used his body well, worked hard, took his goal well.
Good lad.
Signed
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79056
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: WHY RUTTER WILL COME GOOD
So Ges says
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
-
SG90
- Superstar

- Posts: 23132
- Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm
Re: Georginio Rutter - WHY RUTTER WILL COME GOOD
Hopefully the first goal will do wonders for his confidence and open the floodgates
- BradWhite
- First Team

- Posts: 2207
- Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:42 pm
- Location: General at Ivory Tower
Re: Georginio Rutter - WHY RUTTER WILL COME GOOD
That was a great goal from Rutter, hope that has sparked something in him.
- YorkshireSquare
- Administrator

- Posts: 15041
- Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 1:34 pm
- Twitter: @motforum
- Location: Leeds
- Contact:
- airedale
- First Team

- Posts: 1455
- Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:25 pm
- Location: Yorkshire
Re: Georginio Rutter - WHY RUTTER WILL COME GOOD
Big unit with 2 good feet ,but needs some lessons from someone like shearer in the DarkArts.
also needs to work harder finding space.
also needs to work harder finding space.
- Finnatic
- Superstar

- Posts: 6708
- Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:47 pm
Re: Georginio Rutter - WHY RUTTER WILL COME GOOD
Today was the first game since he joined that the pressure was off him regarding the price tag and expectation.
Piroe is suddenly the star man, so takes centre stage and more of the pressure - and Sini and Gnonto were under the microscope* due to their “behaviour” in the last fortnight.
Rutter had more of a roaming role and played with more freedom and expression.
* no jokes about Willy’s stature, please ;)
Piroe is suddenly the star man, so takes centre stage and more of the pressure - and Sini and Gnonto were under the microscope* due to their “behaviour” in the last fortnight.
Rutter had more of a roaming role and played with more freedom and expression.
* no jokes about Willy’s stature, please ;)