Ipswich 3-4 Leeds - Post Match Debate. UNCUT ANGLES

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Ipswich Town v Leeds United Match Thread

Post by Kennyb41 »

Cjay wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:46 pm It was a tactical thing not a player thing. . . . .

Farke set them up a certain way and told them to play a certain way.

I felt he abandoned his principles and it was why we looked as vulnerable defensively as we did.
Like tryna get blood out of a stone.

I wasn't lookin for a squabble, but anyway, ok, i give in :tup:

So we looked vulnerable coz of DF and his principles :tup: yeah reet.

I'll presume you've been on the phone to DF and he told you all this.

Farke set them up' - I should hope so and it wasn't Ethel the tea lady.

Farke told them to play a certain way - Again, i should hope so.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

The Subhuman wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:25 pm 40M each now
:roll:
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:30 pm Like tryna get blood out of a stone.

I wasn't lookin for a squabble, but anyway, ok, i give in :tup:

So we looked vulnerable coz of DF and his principles :tup: yeah reet.

I'll presume you've been on the phone to DF and he told you all this.

Farke set them up' - I should hope so and it wasn't Ethel the tea lady.

Farke told them to play a certain way - Again, i should hope so.
Sarcasm.

Because you can't use anything else to debate what I've said

You don't agree?

Tell me how I'm wrong?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Ipswich Town 3-4 Leeds United - Post Match Debate

Post by 1964white »

Did anyone notice who Sinisterra skinned for our 4th goal. :lol:
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:26 pm Really? Yes he was injured,

Why would you want him to leave? He was great last week. He'll be a great alternative weapon. And unlike the two who came back today, he's showed complete commitment to the cause.
Agree! We need to judge the longer standing players on this season's performance under a competent coaching team. We should be keeping James, Gelhardt and a few of the other guys who have been here a while, returning from loans etc.
Let's face it, since Bielsa left, coaching has been as much of a shitshow as anything else, and we had f**kheads like Mckennie come in with a poor work ethic and/or attitude. No squad cohesion

One of the things I look forward to in the coming months is how players develop. Look at Rutter. Today was the first time we've seem him show snippets of the footballer we saw on his highlight reel.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Cjay wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:52 pm Sarcasm.

You don't agree?

Tell me how I'm wrong?
You've never once spoke about any individual/s (apart from saying Aylings shite) what players today could've played differently or done certain things, player performance or lack of, i'm just trying to get an insight on how you'd go about changing/correcting players performances individually today, all your stuff seems to just come from stats on the net.

;@)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Why were we time wasting and generally pissing about at the start of the second half. Didn’t get that at all. Take the sting out of it I suppose after their late first half goal. Not a fan though. It was a game to win 7-5 not piss about trying to protect a lead
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Cjay wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:52 pm Sarcasm.

You don't agree?

Tell me how I'm wrong?
Alright, let's try another way then.

Which players dya think played well/bad today?

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

This is interesting, the BBC has us playing 4-4-2

Ayling - Rodon - Pascal - Byram
Gnonto - Ampadu - Gray - Sinisterra
Rutter - Piroe

;@)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:08 pm You've never once spoke about any individual/s (apart from saying Aylings shite) what players today could've played differently or done certain things, player performance or lack of, i'm just trying to get an insight on how you'd go about changing/correcting players performances individually today, all your stuff seems to just come from stats on the net.
You seem unable to grasp what I've said I really don't know how to make it clearer for you.

I've never once said it was a player issue or an individual issue.

You are the one who keeps mentioning which player this and that

It was a collective issue caused by instructions from Daniel Farke on how he wanted the team to set up out of possession.

I can't make it any clearer
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:14 pm Alright, let's try another way then.

Which players dya think played well/bad today?
Why do you keep mentioning individuals?

You can go see my player ratings for that.

I've said all along it was tactics and collective

Yes some individual errors were involved at times but I felt it was the collective setup dictated by Farke out of possession which hindered us most today.

If you want to say individually then Ayling could have done better for a goal so could Drameh or Meslier or Rodon.

But I've said all along it was imo a collective issue
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Just seen the goals on ITV4. Rutter and Sinisterra finishes were both top class, and Piroe was a poacher's effort, right place, right time. We haven't had that since Nketiah.

The 2nd was embarrassing. Just a lack of concentration before HT.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

IMG_7688.jpeg

Always bemused by fans leaving early.
Leeds top and Ipswich bottom.
How do you know you won’t miss a brilliant goal or an amazing comeback.
Not as if Ipswich were crap.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:10 pm Why were we time wasting and generally pissing about at the start of the second half. Didn’t get that at all. Take the sting out of it I suppose after their late first half goal. Not a fan though. It was a game to win 7-5 not piss about trying to protect a lead
Ridiculous with 40 minutes to play & a dangerous game to play when we were only had a one advantage.
A Tourist
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by A Tourist »

Wasn't able to watch cause of U.S. tv rights, but hell of a fight. Rutter's goal is 20 million. Now do it again and again and again, get promoted, and then take that confidence to the Premier League. That is a man's goal right there. This team has Premier League talent in a lot of places, and we're playing in the Championship. Good omens for the past couple.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Jaydog wrote:
IMG_7687.jpeg
Piece of piss Image
Told ya !

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:55 pm IMG_7688.jpeg

Always bemused by fans leaving early.
Leeds top and Ipswich bottom.
How do you know you won’t miss a brilliant goal or an amazing comeback.
Not as if Ipswich were crap.
JD, a husband and wife in the row in front of me leave with 5 minutes left every game. A fella on my row always leaves with two minutes left, and the bloke behind me leaves with 1 minute left.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

The Subhuman wrote: I do love this shut your eyes and shoot approach of yours, never any details or analysis just a broadside of cliché which invariably hits it's mark as that what blanket statements do

Keep up the good work
Absolutely spot on. KB STOP PRETENDING YOU KNOW EVERYTHING WHATS GOING ON. ITS BECOMING QUITE OBVIOUS YOU KNOW f**k ALL . GET OVER YOURSELF MAN . TAKE A BREAK. GO BORE SOME OTHER FUCKIN FORUM WITH YOUR EMPTY COMMENTS. ITS FUCKIN BORING!!!

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

LeedsandtheBadSeeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by LeedsandtheBadSeeds »

Cjay wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:00 pm Play his usual style . . . That's it.

Try and control the game and press more.

Would have hopefully made it harder for Ipswich to get in behind and find players in space in the centre of our midfield as they would have had less of the ball and less time on it

That's it.
Wow, clash of of the titans you two

Asking from ignorance here, cjay, did you see our second half performance and execution of DFs tactics the same but better or actually different than the first? I agree we didn’t press, seems we closed our gaps in the second but still gave up goals
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

The Subhuman wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:32 pm But Shack has had a decent amount of game time so far... Cody not playing for the 21's nor did he see the pitch much in pre season. Much easier to adapt if you have game time under your belt and you're confidence isn't low. Shack didn't really crack the Millwall team last season for whatever reason
Shackleton has always given me the impression that his game is matched to the players around him. Intelligent footballers and he fits right in. Poorer footballers and he will struggle as they won't be on his wavelength. The likes of Xavi at Barca could pull the strings without ever looking spectacular, put them in a sh*te team and the little 1-2s to get better field position don't work.

Similar with players like Pablo. He could play a great pass, perfect weight but if his team mate isn't on the same wavelength the pass goes astray. Pablo often had a lower pass completion rate than his teammates but it wasn't because they were better passers than him. Probably a bit loke how today our possesion stats were worse and we looked more vulnerable as we had 4 very attack minded players who were always trying things but because of it were more likely to lose the ball cheaply and put us at risk for a quick Ipswich breakout. We could have played the percentages passes up top, like we did against Birmingham, and never really opened them up but also would have looked better defensively as we wouldn't have given the ball away as much. Balance of risk v reward and Farke got it right today by giving out front line a lot of freedom and less responsibility.

For all the neagtivity about us defensivley we conceded one that looked like it was offside, one from a poor back pass and one that went through our players legs to unisght the keeper and also may have got a slight nick too.