The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 5th September) Farke to keep his faith with Rutter

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 5th September) Farke to keep his faith with Rutter

Post by WhiteRose »

Still think rutter is going to be decent, no one came out of the Wednesday game particularly well. Wouldn’t be surprised this season if we get more points away.

Rasmus is rubbish orta saw his stats in Austria and thought he could replicate in the best leagues in the world - likes to portray himself as an enforcer but he ain’t - been found out

Wouldn’t take a play off place no, think we will win it to be honest just need to find our stride.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 5th September) Farke to keep his faith with Rutter

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:49 pm Are you sure you meant a sh*t load of responses or did you really mean a load of sh*t responses?
Never sure of anything tbh ..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

The Subhuman wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:29 pm Never sure of anything tbh ..
Cheer up. Life’s never as bad as you think. Unless you live with Geronimo in which case it’s almost certainly as bad as you think
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

The Subhuman wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:29 pm Never sure of anything tbh ..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"

Love it :clap:
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

mentalcase wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:56 pm "Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"

Not mine obviously but I love a good quote...
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

The Subhuman wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:02 pm Not mine obviously but I love a good quote...
Myself also, have a book that includes quotes, read it all the time.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

GreennWhite wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:05 pm So would you accept second ? No trophy for coming second, but you do get promoted.
Getting promoted is the main priority, regardless of how its achieved. If we have to do that by the play-offs then i think most Leeds fans would accept that.
I will never accept that promotion is more important than winning trophies. Win the Championship and promotion is guaranteed. It's an additional reward for achievement.

If your priority is simply to get promoted and you achieve it then what? Is your next priority to simply survive in the Premier League? Congratulations, you are now an Everton fan. Supporting a club that has not won a league title in 35 years. How soul sucking is that?
Football/Futbol/Soccer
hector

Post by hector »

Jaydog wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:44 pm Cheer up. Life’s never as bad as you think. Unless you live with Geronimo in which case it’s almost certainly as bad as you think
Will you stop it please Jay
herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by herefordbornleedsboy »

mentalcase wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:56 pm "Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"

'Arguing with an idiot is like playing Chess with a pigeon, it doesn't matter how good you are at chess, the pigeon will still knock over all the pieces and act like its won'.
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Post by Sean_Nile »

herefordbornleedsboy wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:15 am 'Arguing with an idiot is like playing Chess with a pigeon, it doesn't matter how good you are at chess, the pigeon will still knock over all the pieces and act like its won'.
It can be quite difficult playing chess with humans also.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

herefordbornleedsboy wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:15 am 'Arguing with an idiot is like playing Chess with a pigeon, it doesn't matter how good you are at chess, the pigeon will still knock over all the pieces and act like its won'.
geronimo
First Team
First Team
Twitter: none

Post by geronimo »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:56 pm I will never accept that promotion is more important than winning trophies. Win the Championship and promotion is guaranteed. It's an additional reward for achievement.

If your priority is simply to get promoted and you achieve it then what? Is your next priority to simply survive in the Premier League? Congratulations, you are now an Everton fan. Supporting a club that has not won a league title in 35 years. How soul sucking is that?
what are you talking about fella ? first of all it would have been far better for leeds to remain in the top flight of english football especially since the premier league came along , that is where all the money is nowadays , than to have spent more time in the championship and league 1 since 1982 that is 41 years . leeds last won a league title in 1992 well before everton last won one , but since that time have suffered three relegations, , everton were winning trophies throughout the eighties and nineties and have been a constant fixture in the top flight i know which position most fans would take all day long
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

geronimo wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:52 pm what are you talking about fella ? first of all it would have been far better for leeds to remain in the top flight of english football especially since the premier league came along , that is where all the money is nowadays , than to have spent more time in the championship and league 1 since 1982 that is 41 years . leeds last won a league title in 1992 well before everton last won one , but since that time have suffered three relegations, , everton were winning trophies throughout the eighties and nineties and have been a constant fixture in the top flight i know which position most fans would take all day long
Leeds United won the Championship Trophy in 2019-20. Or do we not count trophies won outside the top flight?
Football/Futbol/Soccer
geronimo
First Team
First Team

Post by geronimo »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:30 pm Leeds United won the Championship Trophy in 2019-20. Or do we not count trophies won outside the top flight?
its a trophy, but its not a major honour ,
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:56 pm I will never accept that promotion is more important than winning trophies. Win the Championship and promotion is guaranteed. It's an additional reward for achievement.

In my view it depends on the trophy. My Dad bought me a Leeds t-shirt celebrating us winning the championship. I rarely wear it, I didn't see us winning the championship as something that you could boast about to other footballing fans, even fans of premier league strugglers. Yes it was an achievement, a huge achievement, but it was simply a step in the right direction, a step that we didn't build on.
Yes I'd rather get out of this league as champions, show we are the best in this division but ultimately it makes little difference if we finish top or 2nd.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Spot on. Promotion was nice and all, but it wasn't a major achievement. Now if we win the Carabao/FA Cup or the Europa League/ECL, I'd consider that an achievement.

Ignored PL/UCL as it's completely unobtainable, unless you're bankrolled by a whole state.
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

geronimo wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:39 pm its a trophy, but its not a major honour ,
I think winning one of the top 15 leagues in the World is something to be proud of.

I have a hell of a lot more respect for clubs like Norwich City that have won the Championship twice in the last few years than Everton. Whoring yourself out for money in the Premier League and bending over for the big boys is nothing to be proud about.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

weasel wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:53 pm In my view it depends on the trophy. My Dad bought me a Leeds t-shirt celebrating us winning the championship. I rarely wear it, I didn't see us winning the championship as something that you could boast about to other footballing fans, even fans of premier league strugglers. Yes it was an achievement, a huge achievement, but it was simply a step in the right direction, a step that we didn't build on.
Yes I'd rather get out of this league as champions, show we are the best in this division but ultimately it makes little difference if we finish top or 2nd.
I will respectfully agree to disagree my friend.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
geronimo
First Team
First Team

Post by geronimo »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:11 pm I think winning one of the top 15 leagues in the World is something to be proud of.

I have a hell of a lot more respect for clubs like Norwich City that have won the Championship twice in the last few years than Everton. Whoring yourself out for money in the Premier League and bending over for the big boys is nothing to be proud about.
Been a premier League club is a bigger achievement than winning the championship all day long because it's an higher level of football , most clubs up there won't win owt , comparing Everton to Norwich is absolutely laughable, Leeds lasted three seasons , let me guess your an American 😆
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Grammaticalerrors.com