Where do you live

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155154
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Where do you live

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:40 am Above a Ladbrokes shop in Bury St Edmunds.
No map needed.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: from one bookies employee to another :-D
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21204
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Where do you live

Post by Jaydog »

1964white wrote: ↑Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:44 am :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: from one bookies employee to another :-D
I don’t really Leon.
That was a joke for Big G.
I did work for Ladbrokes though amongst others.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155154
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Where do you live

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:46 am I don’t really Leon.
That was a joke for Big G.
I did work for Ladbrokes though amongst others.
I realised that on both points, Jay.
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20737
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Where do you live

Post by whiteswan »

Wakefield born and bred, supported Leeds since 1970. But now live in a little sailing hamlet on the River Orwell, near Ipswich, Suffolk, since 1992 due to meeting Mr Swan who is Ipswich born and bred.
User avatar
Durly
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2339
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:11 pm

Re: Where do you live

Post by Durly »

Born in North Devon but have lived the past 34 years (except for 2010/11) in West London/Middlesex. Currently residing in Twickenham, which is generally pretty pleasant.
Image
User avatar
billysboots
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1491
Joined: Mon May 26, 2003 7:29 am
Location: N.Ireland

Re: Where do you live

Post by billysboots »

Born in Headingley, near the cricket ground.
Moved to my mother’s home town in the Republic of Ireland in 77.
Met and married a girl from Northern Ireland and have been living in Newry, County Down since 2000.
There Is Only One United.
geronimo
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1499
Joined: Mon May 15, 2023 2:23 pm
Twitter: none

Re: Where do you live

Post by geronimo »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:46 am I don’t really Leon.
That was a joke for Big G.
I did work for Ladbrokes though amongst others.
I was expecting you to say you live in a house and not say where 😋
I lived in the garden shed when our lass kicked us out a few years ago 😆
User avatar
mentalcase
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 10414
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:19 pm

Re: Where do you live

Post by mentalcase »

Chilli D wrote: ↑Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:15 am I cycled through Knaresborough with my cousin and brother at the end of July. We stopped for coffee and cake at one of the tea rooms.
Knaresborough town centre is a beautiful place, another community town, very pretty place to visit, I live 3 miles out in t' countryside.
Go back to Halifax regularly to visit, what a shithole.
" Man is not affected by events but by the view he takes of them "
60sUnited
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2673
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:38 pm

Re: Where do you live

Post by 60sUnited »

I was born in Dublin and moved to Doncaster area when I was a bairn....lived for last 35 years in a lovely place called Tickhill near Donny. My Dad took me to Elland Road in 1963 and I was hooked !!
User avatar
ShaunL
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1272
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:20 am
Location: Fremantle

Re: Where do you live

Post by ShaunL »

Born in Batley 1964 moved to Kwinana a heavy industrial town south of Perth West Australia in 1969 lived in Dublin for 14 months in 1984 - 85 then moved back to Kwinana until last September when I moved to Fremantle. Life long Leeds fan and will be till the day I die and if possible won’t stop then !
User avatar
mentalcase
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 10414
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:19 pm

Re: Where do you live

Post by mentalcase »

60sUnited wrote: ↑Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:13 pm I was born in Dublin and moved to Doncaster area when I was a bairn....lived for last 35 years in a lovely place called Tickhill near Donny. My Dad took me to Elland Road in 1963 and I was hooked !!
Worked in tickhill, just before the square by the cross.
" Man is not affected by events but by the view he takes of them "
User avatar
Tyzy
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4214
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:09 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Where do you live

Post by Tyzy »

It amazes me how so many have no connection with Leeds but support the club.

I used to have a manager that lived in Huddersfield but had a season ticket for Man U,we use to take the pi** constantly for not supporting the team where he was from.

Since joining the forum it's seems more common than I realised,doesn't bother me now,each to their own and all that . 😁
Overman
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3324
Joined: Wed May 15, 2019 11:04 pm

Re: Where do you live

Post by Overman »

Born in the Florence of the North, Bradford, but raised in the East End of London (late 70s-2001). I lived out in Malaysia for a few years and then more recently Germany.
User avatar
Musicman1965
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2140
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:11 pm

Re: Where do you live

Post by Musicman1965 »

Brasil - still waiting for my return flight 13 years later.
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9721
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: Where do you live

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Tyzy wrote: ↑Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:44 pm It amazes me how so many have no connection with Leeds but support the club.

I used to have a manager that lived in Huddersfield but had a season ticket for Man U,we use to take the pi** constantly for not supporting the team where he was from.

Since joining the forum it's seems more common than I realised,doesn't bother me now,each to their own and all that . 😁
If you seen the standard of football in Northern Ireland you’d understand why a lot of people support English teams 🫣 My mate & I watched the Leeds/Chelsea cup final as kids on the tv & both picked Leeds to win & it went from there. Not a good start but it could have been worse, we could have been Chelsea fans 🤮
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21204
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Where do you live

Post by Jaydog »

1964white wrote: ↑Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:54 am I realised that on both points, Jay.
:roflmao: :tup:
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21204
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Where do you live

Post by Jaydog »

geronimo wrote: ↑Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:05 pm I was expecting you to say you live in a house and not say where 😋
I lived in the garden shed when our lass kicked us out a few years ago 😆
She’s a sensible lady. Get rid of the clutter :roflmao:
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78995
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Where do you live

Post by The Subhuman »

Durly wrote: ↑Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:31 pm Born in North Devon but have lived the past 34 years (except for 2010/11) in West London/Middlesex. Currently residing in Twickenham, which is generally pretty pleasant.
Your very close to my niece then who has a lovely art deco flat on the Chertsey Road
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78995
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Where do you live

Post by The Subhuman »

Born in Essex,
Moved to Surrey aged 1

Been in Surrey ever since bar one yr in...

Burntisland on the north bank of the Firth of Forth


Currently in Guildford but would consider myself a Camberley "lad"

Leeds fan since 1967 (so I'm told), Don't even support Surrey Cricket team. Hampshire CCC through and through
Last edited by The Subhuman on Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Durly
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2339
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:11 pm

Re: Where do you live

Post by Durly »

The Subhuman wrote: ↑Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:44 pm Your very close to my niece then who has a lovely art deco flat on the Chertsey Road
Near St. Margarets roundabout?
Image
Post Reply