The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 30th October) Flying Dutchman on fire as Whites destroy Terriers

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
geronimo
First Team
First Team
Twitter: none

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 30th October) Flying Dutchman on fire as Whites destroy Terriers

Post by geronimo »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:27 am The statistics regarding team age, number of assists and shots would confirm that we are one of the better sides in this division, as you would expect from a newly relegated side. But considering all the upheaval coming into the season, and during the start of the season, I think we can be happy with our current situation, especially with the promise that it could get even better as confidence, from performances like the 1st half the other day, grows.

Whilst I’m pleased for Jackie, I’m not the least bit interested in Everton - cue our boring, boorish, scum loving, scouse injun friend, who will be waxing lyrical I suspect.
Such behaviour warrants a reprimand 😁
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 30th October) Flying Dutchman on fire as Whites destroy Terriers

Post by WhiteRose »

12 point deduction is not enough for Everton, given the few teams at the bottom are nowhere near premier league level Everton would still stay up. They need a hefty fine and at least a years transfer embargo.

I’m generally happy with the team it’s just the odd no show that’s still a challenge to fix. Think playoffs is the best we can hope for this season, just inevitable that Ipswich and Leicester keep winning - Ipswich is an odd one, they are a decent team but are teams not scouting them and preparing adequately, just odd they can come straight up and be this good.
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

A 50 point deduction would be better ! :roflmao:
Allez les Blancs , Les Paons
Tighthead
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Tighthead »

whiteinfrance wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:53 pm A 50 point deduction would be better ! :roflmao:
They would still stay up with the tripe that's below them.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

DDB220 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:14 am I had a look at the ITV EFL highlights from Saturday this morning.

We looked very good in the first half. All the changes invariably added to the drop off of intensity in the second half as the match was already won.

I looked at Leicester and my immediate conclusion was how quickly they move the ball in transition from defence to attack. It is a very similar speed of transition to how we played under Bielsa. Very very quick incisive and progressive ball movement, in the main on the grass into feet.

We on the other hand are either relying on Rutter to play a defence breaking pass from deep or relying on individual skill on the ball. There was quick ball progression for the James goals, so this shows that we have this in our locker. I believe we need more of this to break down the better teams.

Our slow tempo starting from the back with numerous sideways and backwards passing has merits but as we have seen previously it is not overly effective at breaking down well defensively organised teams.

I hope we can work on the speed of our transitional play to create openings rather than relying on individual skill from Cyr and Rutter as
we will undoubtedly not have them available for every game.
Leicester are a better coached team imo with better tactics and more consistency.

But we have the more talented attacking players, but young and inconsistent.

I do find our slow build up a bit strange as it then let's the opposition get in shape and then invariably will rely on a piece of brilliance individually than tactical or training ground patterns.

I'd like to see as you say more quick play and more evidence DF is having an impact on results through his tactics and style rather than Rutter or Summerville being very good.

More quick passing moves, that show patterns of play from the training ground that sort of thing

We see it occasionally which is good and nice to see the work on the training ground coming off.

But more often than not its Rutter or Summerville just being very good
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
geronimo
First Team
First Team

Post by geronimo »

Tighthead wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:11 pm They would still stay up with the tripe that's below them.
The obsession on here about them is astonishing to be honest 😆
Musicman1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Musicman1965 »

A good result but lets not to carried away. There is a reason why Huddersfield are at the bottom part of the division. The game showed how Leeds can play in the first half but when the changes came it was like a light switch being flicked to the off position. This imo is where improvements need to be addressed. We all know the weak positions so I am not going over old ground. There were two players on the pitch that worried me for completely different reasons. First Piroe needs to find how he can contribute more in the build up play, only two often he is a shadow that pops up here and there and the ball is in the net. His game could be and needs to be so much more. The other player I have written about under the players name thread but its relevant here. Meslier made a schoolboy error by failing to hold a ball that was straight to him. To miss the ball completely, let it bounce of your chest to the awaiting opposition striker is not what we want to see. I tell you now that this guy is going to cost us when it matters, at present he has Pascal and Rodon to cover his arse, but when push comes to shove,he has massive weaknesses in his game.
geronimo
First Team
First Team

Post by geronimo »

The flying Dutchman was Dennis bergkamp who writes this twaddle 😁
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

geronimo wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:47 pm The flying Dutchman was Dennis bergkamp who writes this twaddle 😁
What twaddle does Dennis Bergcamp write?

I confess I’ve not read anything he’s ever written, but I bet it’s nowhere near as crap as the twaddle you come out with!
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

geronimo wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:47 pm The flying Dutchman was Dennis bergkamp who writes this twaddle 😁
I think you'll find Dennis Bergkamp was scared of flying
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:52 pm What twaddle does Dennis Bergcamp write?

I confess I’ve not read anything he’s ever written, but I bet it’s nowhere near as crap as the twaddle you come out with!
I've read his book, it's brilliant like was as a player, I wish when he left Arsenal we had tried to sign him on a 2 yr contract. immense player.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
geronimo
First Team
First Team

Post by geronimo »

Ellandback1 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:00 pm I think you'll find Dennis Bergkamp was scared of flying
He was but the non flying Dutchman don't have the same ring to it he was called that in a football term not a physical one
geronimo
First Team
First Team

Post by geronimo »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:52 pm What twaddle does Dennis Bergcamp write?

No need for that eeby geeby otherwise a deserving reprimand will be on the way
Clitheroe White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clitheroe White »

geronimo wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:16 pm He was but the non flying Dutchman don't have the same ring to it he was called that in a football term not a physical one
The Flying Dutchman is a reference to the fastest train at that time. Nothing to do with actual flying. Get your facts and history right.
geronimo
First Team
First Team

Post by geronimo »

Clitheroe White wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:34 am The Flying Dutchman is a reference to the fastest train at that time. Nothing to do with actual flying. Get your facts and history right.
No that's the flying Scotsman I lived in Holland so I know what I am talking about bergkamp is known as the flying Dutchman over there
It's tiring arguing with clueless posters on here 😆
Tighthead
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Tighthead »

geronimo wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:39 am No that's the flying Scotsman I lived in Holland so I know what I am talking about bergkamp is known as the flying Dutchman over there
It's tiring arguing with clueless posters on here 😆
The flying Dutchmen is a ship destined to sail the high seas in perpetuity, due to a curse.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

The Flying Dutchman was actually a train in the UK. Late 1800s. London to Exeter.
Strangely it wasn’t known for its speed. Or flying. Or being Dutch. Another object or person badly named.
Like a flying squirrel. Just jumps a long way.
Sean_Nile
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sean_Nile »

Jaydog wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:50 am The Flying Dutchman was actually a train in the UK. Late 1800s. London to Exeter.
Strangely it wasn’t known for its speed. Or flying. Or being Dutch. Another object or person badly named.
Like a flying squirrel. Just jumps a long way.

au contraire mon ami I have it on good authority that the Flying Dutchman was a ghost ship.
But perhaps miracle of miracles it could undertake a metamorphosis from a ship to a train
and also a footballer on fire, or a footballer fearing flight, such is poetic licence in the english
language.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Dutchman
Clitheroe White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clitheroe White »

Tighthead wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:39 am The flying Dutchmen is a ship destined to sail the high seas in perpetuity, due to a curse.
I stand corrected...it's a ship...eitherway it has naff all to do with Flying.