The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 1st November) Trio named in Championship team of the week

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Breakfast Debate The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 1st November) Trio named in Championship team of the week

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Wednesday 1st November, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Trio named in Championship team of the week

Unsurprisingly, Crysencio Summerville, Georginio Rutter and Daniel James were all named in the Championship Team of the Week, following their heroics against Huddersfield Town last weekend. What is interesting is that only four months ago, the club were ready and willing to listen for offers on the trio. Thankfully they ended up staying, and under the guidance of Daniel Farke, are playing some of the best football of their careers.

Everton launch fresh approach for Gnonto

With two months until the transfer window reopens, Everton have once again been linked with a fresh approach for Wilfred Gnonto.

The explosive Italian has not had the best of starts to his 23/24 campaign; firstly going on strike during the Summer, then breaking his ankle at Hull six weeks ago. He returned as a second half substitute in the 3-2 win at Carrow Road after the International break, but was disappointing when starting at Stoke, and did little to entertain the masses for the last half an hour against Huddersfield last weekend.

Everton fanzine site Toffee's TV have suggested that Gnonto's drop in form could be linked with him wanting a move away from Elland Road, but insisted that talk of £30m was silly money!

I noticed the other night, a lot of chat about him (Gnonto) from Leeds Utd fans, saying he's not interested, and wants out. He's obviously a talented player, but some of the transfer fees being banded about during the Summer ended up being silly, £30m and stuff like that.

If Koeman takes football seriously – he should call Summerville up

Voetbal International journalist Suleyman Özturk has told Dutch National Coach Ronald Koeman that if he takes football seriously, he will give Crysencio Summerville a Senior International call-up.

The excitable football columnist labelled the Leeds star as one, if not the best player in the Championship, comparing him to Brighton winger Kaoru Mitoma and Holland International and PSV star Noa Lang.

He is one of, if not the best player in the Championship. Clubs will come for him in January. Because they are looking for players who can make a difference. And he can. He is important with through passes, pulls two to three opponents with him and can play someone out.

He has a Lang quality: give a **** to the whole world and give me the ball. That is very special to see. He can also simply turn free kicks into the intersection. He reminds me a bit of . He really is a complete left winger.

The Championship is a playground for him. I think he is eligible for the Dutch team. You can bring him in in the last half hour, when the spaces become larger and you have to force something against Italy or France. If Koeman takes football seriously, he will put him on the list.

AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 1st November) Trio named in Championship team of the week

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

It's worth noting that Jimmy and Georgi both also made the EFL Team of the Week. Well served recognition all around.

Everton, meh.

Jimmy is definitely doing all he can to earn his first senior call-up. He's on a great run of form the last few matches, long may it continue.

Source: https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... es-4392476
In Farke we trust...
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 1st November) Trio named in Championship team of the week

Post by Byebyegeegee »

It seems that every two bit punter and his dog are assuming that any other club can come in and steal our best players with impunity. That Leeds United are just a run of the mill English League Club, without much ambition, and who are happy to see their best players plundered for any kind of remuneration that will see us solvent until the next sale. There may have been a bit of truth in that assumption ever since the devastation under Ridsdale, but now, with the new regime in charge, we should be better and more ambitious than that. I hope so anyway!

Everton should be under a transfer embargo and surely will be if the Football Authorities ever get their act together - not holding my breath though!
Sean_Nile
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sean_Nile »

Status from becoming an international footballer surely raises your worth in the transfer market but with international duties comes the possibility of fatigue and tiredness and the worst case scenario injury.

Kamala didn't play at Stoke after playing twice for Finland, and Gray has been rested because 3 games for England and a couple of games at right back seem to have taken their toll.

It would appear to be a fine balance between reputation and recognition that if beneficial for the player, but could ultimately be detrimental for the club and their ambitions of returning to the premiership, if that player gets injured on international duty.

I suppose it is a question of money... do you get more money from selling an international player... or do your keep him in the hopes of promotion and earning big money in the premiership.

I know which one I would choose... invest in loyal players who want to succeed with the club, and I supposed that rules Gnonto out... he has been told that the chances of playing for his national team will be limited if he remains in the Championship.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

We should listen to offers for every single player, it by no means means we accept them.

' We offer you £4.5m for Meslier' ......."fck off"

' We offer you £45m for Meslier' ......." Whereabouts are you, i'll drive him there now, all in used notes please "
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Kamara should've made that 'team of the week' ......but goals seem to attract eyes and sway opinion.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:45 am It seems that every two bit punter and his dog are assuming that any other club can come in and steal our best players with impunity. That Leeds United are just a run of the mill English League Club, without much ambition, and who are happy to see their best players plundered for any kind of remuneration that will see us solvent until the next sale. There may have been a bit of truth in that assumption ever since the devastation under Ridsdale, but now, with the new regime in charge, we should be better and more ambitious than that. I hope so anyway!

Everton should be under a transfer embargo and surely will be if the Football Authorities ever get their act together - not holding my breath though!
I'm hoping so too, and we already have evidence of DF putting his foot down, and the 49er's listening, if you read between the lines.

;@)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

“What you doing for Christmas “
“Gnonto going to Everton”

IMG_7958.jpeg
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

I/we have no idea how much the 49er's are willing to spend (the Piroe buy is very encouraging though going forward) They have had half a window on their own.

Willy to me is currently an 'uncontrollable rough diamond' with bags of potential in the right hands, perhaps, a troublemaker in the wrong hands.

' Uncontrollable' is perhaps the wrong word and too strong, but you see what i'm getting at.

So how much is he worth ? £40m ? £30m ?

;@)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

That is actually me and the wife. She seemed only too keen tbh
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Kennyb41 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:23 am Kamara should've made that 'team of the week' ......but goals seem to attract eyes and sway opinion.
As should Rodon.

God help us if he misses the Leicester game, then fans on here will recognise how brilliant our loanee CB is, he is the glue that holds our defence together & he is influential on Pascal's brilliant displays.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Kennyb41 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:23 am Kamara should've made that 'team of the week' ......but goals seem to attract eyes and sway opinion.
Landmark post ..We agree. Won't happen again I promise
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
geronimo
First Team
First Team
Twitter: none

Post by geronimo »

Kennyb41 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:33 am I/we have no idea how much the 49er's are willing to spend (the Piroe buy is very encouraging though going forward) They have had half a window on their own.

Willy to me is currently an 'uncontrollable rough diamond' with bags of potential in the right hands, perhaps, a troublemaker in the wrong hands.

' Uncontrollable' is perhaps the wrong word and too strong, but you see what i'm getting at.

So how much is he worth ? £40m ? £30m ?
Leeds will accept 25 -30 million maximum for gnonto
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

The Subhuman wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:21 am Landmark post ..We agree. Won't happen again I promise
You'll be forced to.

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

geronimo wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:04 pm Leeds will accept 25 -30 million maximum for gnonto
I've asked you once this morning already, will you pass me that crystal ball of yours, it's seemingly a cracker.

;@)
geronimo
First Team
First Team

Post by geronimo »

Kennyb41 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:36 pm I've asked you once this morning already, will you pass me that crystal ball of yours, it's seemingly a cracker.
You obviously don't read the reports of Leeds willing to sell in January he is priced at 25 _30 million
How much do you think we will get for him then 50 million 😁
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

If it’s Everton then the offer won’t be 25. Unless we’re talking quids
geronimo
First Team
First Team

Post by geronimo »

Jaydog wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:40 pm If it’s Everton then the offer won’t be 25. Unless we’re talking quids
Could be anybody the price is the same
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

geronimo wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:39 pm You obviously don't read the reports of Leeds willing to sell in January he is priced at 25 _30 million
How much do you think we will get for him then 50 million 😁
The reports are all clickbait.

Such information hasn't come from Leeds United or reliable sources.
geronimo
First Team
First Team

Post by geronimo »

1964white wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:45 pm The reports are all clickbait.

Such information hasn't come from Leeds United or reliable sources.
Well they won't do they ain't going to advertise it but it ain't gonna be a great surprise if he does go in January
It's common knowledge that he wants to go and maybe it's better to clear the decks now than wait till end of season
It's noticeable his form as dipped of late and he ain't playing regularly every week
Plus t would put some money in the kitty for the transfer window in January