Leeds United v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds United v Plymouth Argyle Match Thread

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:56 pm Nail on the head, Swannie :tup:

Farke doesn't trust some of the squad for our championship matches, especially after what happened at Stoke.

Look at Gnonto & Piroe yesterday, they should be tearing the championship up, sadly they ain't, which creates more problems for Farke.
Bit unfair on Piroe, he has 10 goals this season and only been played in midfield.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:56 pm Nail on the head, Swannie :tup:

Farke doesn't trust some of the squad for our championship matches, especially after what happened at Stoke.

Look at Gnonto & Piroe yesterday, they should be tearing the championship up, sadly they ain't, which creates more problems for Farke.
Bit unfair on them.

Farke has been playing both of them in the wrong position all season

Gnonto right wing

Piroe in midfield.

Joel Piroe has been the most prolific goalscorer officially from open play in the Championship last 2 seasons.

If he is struggling now it isn't because he isn't capable.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:48 pm Sorry to hear you were unwell, hope you're feeling better. It was a good atmosphere yesterday, despite being a cup game. It felt like a league game. Plymouth fans were in good voice too. At least they sang about their team, rather than the same boring anti Leeds chants every other team does.
Thanks SG.

Plymouth's fans were loud in the league game at ER.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:04 pm Bit unfair on them.

Farke has been playing both of them in the wrong position all season

Gnonto right wing

Piroe in midfield.

Joel Piroe has been the most prolific goalscorer officially from open play in the Championship last 2 seasons.

If he is struggling now it isn't because he isn't capable.
Piroe has looked lost in the couple of games he's played as a No.9, like all our atackers , Piroe takes one touch too many.

Where should Gnonto be playing? Willy was on the right when he created that wonderful goal for Summerville vs Bournemouth last season.

Gnonto spends too much time falling over & constantly moaning.

Right now, he couldn't lace Summerville or James boots.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:01 pm Bit unfair on Piroe, he has 10 goals this season and only been played in midfield.
And he lost his place to Bamford, who wasn't in form at the time Paddy was brought back into the first XI.

I think Piroe is scared of the penalty box, even as a No.10, he should be making runs into the box, Rutter does!
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:34 am Take a look at Brooks highlights from the other night, he's trying to make a case of him being a starter for Bournemouth coz he thinks he's good enough.

Then go take a look at Gnonto.
Agree completely. Actually watched the first half of the drubbing. Brooks was electric. Top of my wish list for this window. Why I mentioned offering Anthony back to Bournemouth for him, despite being pleased with Anthony’s performance this outing.

Like you, I suspect Gnonto would be more effective out on the left. Also am wondering if his injury slowed him down. Or it’s as we all fear and he doesn’t give a s**t.
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:13 pm Piroe has looked lost in the couple of games he's played as a No.9, like all our atackers , Piroe takes one touch too many.

Where should Gnonto be playing? Willy was on the right when he created that wonderful goal for Summerville vs Bournemouth last season.

Gnonto spends too much time falling over & constantly moaning.

Right now, he couldn't lace Summerville or James boots.
Piroe has had one start as a striker without Summerville and James.

We had all written Bamforf off but look how he's done now he's starting games and getting a bit of time.

If Piroe can't play this style that is on Farke and the recruitment team.

But he can imo, just needs time.

Gnonto has never been a winger, he's always been an inside forward from the left or a second striker.

He isn't a hug the touchline beat a man and cross player (hence why I'd like a left footed attacker).

I think Gnonto is overrated (we had people comparing him to Raph last season).

But I don't think it's fair to Hammer him when he's been played in a role he doesn't suit
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Gnonto should be tearing up this league and scoring 10-15 goals tbh. For me, he looked unfit yesterday. He needs to get a run out now with James injured.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

SG90 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:15 pm Thanks Leon, was good to be back at Church. :love: Seemed the crowd was full of fans who don't get lucky in the ballots, as there were huge queues outside the club shop.
I went down to the ground even earlier than I normally do, and as I mentioned in the thread the atmosphere felt like a friendly at that point. It did get better once the game started and, as mentioned, the Plymouth fans were in decent voice.

Oh, and I also tried to get in using my season ticket 😳😳😳
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:30 pm Gnonto should be tearing up this league and scoring 10-15 goals tbh. For me, he looked unfit yesterday. He needs to get a run out now with James injured.
Well, that should weaken us Ashton Gate.

Can we have Jack back for Gnonto before the deadline?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Barlow Boy wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:38 pm I went down to the ground even earlier than I normally do, and as I mentioned in the thread the atmosphere felt like a friendly at that point. It did get better once the game started and, as mentioned, the Plymouth fans were in decent voice.

Oh, and I also tried to get in using my season ticket 😳😳😳
Behaving like our cup fans :lol:
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

1964white wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:47 pm Well, that should weaken us Ashton Gate.

Can we have Jack back for Gnonto before the deadline?
Clarke not Harrison
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Cjay wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:33 pm Farke makes subs so late that players barely get a chance to get into there stride.

He also doesn't let them play any u21 football so they are totally not prepared at all.

It's noticeable Bamford and Firpo have only started to find form after being given starts.

Players need time.
Something I really do not understand
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:03 pm Something I really do not understand
Nor me, seems to be a massive disconnect between the two levels
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

The Subhuman wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:38 pm Nor me, seems to be a massive disconnect between the two levels
You'd think that Joffy would be begging for a game in the 21's. Sitting on the bench every week with no chance of playing is doing nothing for his confidence. If he is called upon, you really can't expect much because he hasn't played a competitive game in months.
lufcconnor

Post by lufcconnor »

Late to the party on this one, but, just a messy game that we should have put to bed. We didn't and we were punished for it. Nice moment with the goal, though.

Gnonto was not good enough for me and we need to be looking in to what we can do for him.