Rodon & Ampadu/Rodon & Struijk or Other?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Rodon & Ampadu/Rodon & Struijk or Other?

Rodon & Ampadu
54%
Rodon & Struijk
43%
Other
4%

Total votes: 28

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Rodon & Ampadu/Rodon & Struijk or Other?

Post by 1964white »

mentalcase wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:45 pm I did, hence why both Amps and Joe were in my MOM top 6, many of our attacks start with either CB, especially Amps, I know we have plenty cover in midfield but Ampadu will struggle against big teams from set pieces whereas Pascal has the edge.
As long as were are winning, I don't see DF altering too much, but I expect him to alter things against Leicester to shake things up and put them off their homework.
Rodon made two runs into Rotherham's half, which started the moves & led to two of our goals.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

1964white wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:16 pm I'm intrigued to know what is the combination voted for as an OTHER combination
Assuming Kenny. He said he liked Cooper.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

I'd say Rodon and Strujik. But then that begs the question in midfield. You can't drop Gruev for Ampadu and probably don't play the together. But these things usually take care of themselves.

I think Rodon and Strujik is strongest. But I don't see Farke making a change until there's another injury or suspension.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:18 pm Assuming Kenny. He said he liked Cooper.
As it's Kenny boy, I'll make allowances for him :roll:
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

Rodon and Ampadu with Gruev as holding midfielder.
If Farke does fancy Gruev and Ampadu in midfield, then I’m fine with Strujik or Cooper alongside Rodon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:57 pm We'll find out against Leicester a week on Friday.
Unless Struijk is back
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

1964white wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:02 pm As it's Kenny boy, I'll make allowances for him :roll:
Choose your battles :)
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

It's all good and Ampadu's fine form means we don't have to rush Struyjk back. I do feel that in the last few years we seem to have rushed players back and then they have broken down again. Firpo, Bamford and KP prime examples of players coming back and suffering a different injury. With Bamford and KP they were so integral to the Bielsa system that it almost seemed like they would be selected if they only had 1 leg.

Hopefully this season we have now got Bamford and Firpo past their injury problems by not rushing them back and making it so that they were well and truly confident in their bodies.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

I’ve gone for the Taffs, with Amps at the back we finally have Gruev having a good run in the middles, what a player he has shown to be.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by VinnysTattoo »

My first thought was Rodon and Struijk but there is a good call for Ampadu.

This at least shows we have some decent options. That’s not something you could have had said last season.

Ampadu showing what a versatile player he is.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Joe and Pascal for me. Amps has done brilliantly, but Cjay and others are right, he hasn't had an awful lot of pure defending to do. Pascal is a natural CB so, whilst he shouldn't simply walk back into the side when fit, he would be my choice against the better sides where we may not have control of the ball for the bulk of the game.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Its a tight call but i wouldn't change a thing at the minute... so Amps and big Joe for me. Been really impressed with all aspects of Ethan's performances at CB. No return date on Pascal. No wonder Coops stuck around to help us out and Charlie offered a few chocolate sweeteners to the boss.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Couldn't decide on this but ended up going Rodon/Struijk, mostly because I like Amps in the middle, the way he has been spraying balls about might end up a differentiator from midfield in tight games.

Who to play in the back four, who to play in the midfield, nice problems to have at the minute.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

One goal conceded in eight games with Ampadu alongside Rodon.

A big hand to Meslier, who I believe who has kept 15 clean sheets, that must have given Illan so much confidence, after the amount of goals flying past him last season.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

1964white wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:53 am One goal conceded in eight games with Ampadu alongside Rodon.

A big hand to Meslier, who I believe who has kept 15 clean sheets, that must have given Illan so much confidence, after the amount of goals flying past him last season.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I've been impressed with Mes the last few months, he's keeping his concentration right to the end, even away at Leicester in the last seconds, a superb save that got us all 3 points, and deseveredly so, but they could have nicked a point they didn't deserve to.
Yesterday saw him punch clear as well :oops: instead of flapping, then catching the as well when under pressure.
15 clean sheets is very very good, long may it continue.
Between Rodon / Ampadu / Meslier, they all have a lot more faith in each other at the back now
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mentalcase wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:12 pm I've been impressed with Mes the last few months, he's keeping his concentration right to the end, even away at Leicester in the last seconds, a superb save that got us all 3 points, and deseveredly so, but they could have nicked a point they didn't deserve to.
Yesterday saw him punch clear as well :oops: instead of flapping, then catching the as well when under pressure.
15 clean sheets is very very good, long may it continue.
Between Rodon / Ampadu / Meslier, they all have a lot more faith in each other at the back now
Meslier must feel assured having Rodon & Ampadu in front of him.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

I see loads of the analytics and scouting accounts telling me how much of a better defender Struijk is than Rodon and Ampadu but the record this year speaks for itself.

Very difficult to change a winning team but as has been said, that will sort itself as people pick up knocks or get suspended.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:33 pm I see loads of the analytics and scouting accounts telling me how much of a better defender Struijk is than Rodon and Ampadu but the record this year speaks for itself.

Very difficult to change a winning team but as has been said, that will sort itself as people pick up knocks or get suspended.
I always make the point that a good defender can look worse than a s**t defender cos they do less as they read the game and as such danger is averted before it becomes dangerous. Read the game and get to the ball early and pass it. Don't read the game, get to the ball late and have to make a tackle. So the first player looks worse by defensive metrics.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:33 pm I see loads of the analytics and scouting accounts telling me how much of a better defender Struijk is than Rodon and Ampadu but the record this year speaks for itself.

You don't change a winning team playing well.. I'm a huge Pascal fan, he's gonna be class but once fit (who knows how long he's gonna be out but we can wait now) he's on the bench till Rodon/Ampadu can't play.

Amps in central defence also allows us to play Johan* as the defensive mid

*Well if Cry can be Jimmy, Gelhardt - Joffy etc.........
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

At least we can't say Rodon is irreplaceable now ...