Plymouth Argyle v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
mentalcase

Re: Plymouth Argyle v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by mentalcase »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:37 am I'd like to see that :geek: eagerly
It's the "Luke littler" you refered to in Heidis blog.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

weasel wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:30 am He is meaning to control it. Where the 'lucky' bit comes into it is that it fell perfectly past the defender who had committed himself. If Gnonto controls it the same way but the defender doesn't commit then likely the chance is gone.

For me it is just the same as the control in the Bamford 'wondergoal.' Both players are just looking to try to control it as best they can. For both goals the ball then falls perfectly. Given Bamford's usual control I would expect if he tried to do the same thing another 100 times it would fall like that only one or two times.
Yeah bang on, if he does kill it as intended he probably gets tangled with the defender and the chance probably goes.

Anyhows i blame Dog for playing Devils advocate, thus inviting all the advocates to join in against me.

Which they duly did, all to their avail :roll:
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

mentalcase wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:49 am It's the "Luke littler" you refered to in Heidis blog.
Who me ! ? :shock:

I presumed it would be, that's why i wanna see it :roflmao:
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

Lucky first touch from Willy, anyone who thinks he meant that to happen is.... :? :duno: :flog:

But he scored, we won, so what's not to like :)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Jeez no matter how derogatory one likes to look at DF, it's hard not to admire the management of the players and their travels :)

Jan 1st - Won 3-0 Home
Jan 7th - Won 3-0 Away Peterborough
Jan 13th - Won 3-0 Away Cardiff
Jan 21st - Won 2-1 Home
Jan 24th - Won 1-0 Home

Feb 2nd - Won 1-0 Away Bristol
Feb 6th - Won 4-1 Away Plymouth
Feb 10th - Won 3-0 Home
Feb 13th - Won 4-0 Away Swansea
Feb 17th - Won 2-0 Away Plymouth

That's some travelling mixed up with some grueling winter weather pitches. Cracking idea to let all the players stay overnight, such a simple decision, but full of common sense all round.

;@)
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

weasel wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:30 am He is meaning to control it. Where the 'lucky' bit comes into it is that it fell perfectly past the defender who had committed himself. If Gnonto controls it the same way but the defender doesn't commit then likely the chance is gone.

For me it is just the same as the control in the Bamford 'wondergoal.' Both players are just looking to try to control it as best they can. For both goals the ball then falls perfectly. Given Bamford's usual control I would expect if he tried to do the same thing another 100 times it would fall like that only one or two times.
Ironically, if Gnonto controlled the ball first time, Farke style, he could have ended up too close to the defender and with a more difficult chance. Willy showed his class in the speed of his reaction to where the ball had deflected away to, opposite to where the cover had come from.

Also, the scuffed shot, is often the one that will throw a goalie completely and crawl beautifully over the line. For this goal, initially the goalie didn't move and when it was trickling in he attempted to recover and run for it - too late. Gave me a giggle looking back on it.

Leeds have too often tried for the perfect goal. Just hit it some way towards goal and who knows. Summerville's goal, courtesy of a massive deflection off the defenders face was equally pleasing!
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:50 pm Jeez no matter how derogatory one likes to look at DF, it's hard not to admire the management of the players and their travels :)

Jan 1st - Won 3-0 Home
Jan 7th - Won 3-0 Away Peterborough
Jan 13th - Won 3-0 Away Cardiff
Jan 21st - Won 2-1 Home
Jan 24th - Won 1-0 Home

Feb 2nd - Won 1-0 Away Bristol
Feb 6th - Won 4-1 Away Plymouth
Feb 10th - Won 3-0 Home
Feb 13th - Won 4-0 Away Swansea
Feb 17th - Won 2-0 Away Plymouth

That's some travelling mixed up with some grueling winter weather pitches. Cracking idea to let all the players stay overnight, such a simple decision, but full of common sense all round.
26 for and 2 against, plus 8 clean sheets, nothing not to admire.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

mentalcase wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:03 pm 26 for and 2 against, plus 8 clean sheets, nothing not to admire.
There'll be summert no doubt.

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

mentalcase wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:03 pm 26 for and 2 against, plus 8 clean sheets, nothing not to admire.
Get him sacked, Rutter isn't scoring enough and we struggle to break a block down.

;@)