The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 8th March) 49ers new ticketing system getting mixed reviews

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Breakfast Debate The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 8th March) 49ers new ticketing system getting mixed reviews

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Friday 8th March, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

49ers new ticketing system getting mixed reviews

Leeds United have announced that they are introducing a new ticketing system that will see season ticket holders at risk of losing their seats unless they attend at least 80% of league matches at Elland Road. The 49ers announced their controversial plan, at the same time they made public their renewal prices for the 24/25 season, and it's received mixed reviews from the Elland faithful.

Due to work commitments, or living outside of Yorkshire, some fans are unable to get to every match, especially the midweek ones. Many die hard Whites have have the same seats for years, and the risk of losing them has caused anger and resentment. Others see it as a positive step, with more fans able to watch their team in action, whilst shortening the waiting list.

Is Joseph next in line after Bamford

Mateo Joseph's brace against Chelsea last month may have moved the 20yo up the pecking order, ahead of Joel Piroe. Leeds had to fend off offers from a host of clubs in order to land Piroe last Summer, finally capturing the Dutchman for a hefty £12m. He is Leeds joint second top scorer with 11 goals, but has faded into obscurity in 2024. His lack of pace gave Daniel Farke cause for concern, and switched him to a deeper role.

Creatively speaking, it was always going to be difficult to dislodge Rutter from the team, so Farke tried a role reversal which saw the Frenchman leading the line, and Piroe at 10, but that didn't work either. Bamford's re-emergence from oblivion saw Piroe dropped to the bench, and since then his performances have just got worse. As well as a fresh pair of legs, Joseph's rapid rise up the ladder couldn't have come at a better time. Good strikers are hard to find, and Joseph not only has a natural ability to score, but due to his age can put himself about a lot more than Bamford, who can be static at times.

Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 8th March) 49ers new ticketing system getting mixed reviews

Post by Barlow Boy »

I’ve not missed a home game since 2011, but if I was going to miss a game I’d pass my ticket onto a mate (which you’re fully entitled to do) or sell it back to the club (which you’re fully entitled to do).

Some mates of mine, who go in the East Stand, say a couple of seats next to them are very rarely filled by the ST holders who’ve purchased them (no idea why). Those seats could easily be passed on to folk who actually want to go, the ST holders get a bit of money back too.

This 80% thing seems a good idea to me, just sell your ticket back to the club, if you can’t go.
Last edited by Barlow Boy on Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 8th March) 49ers new ticketing system getting mixed reviews

Post by The Subhuman »

Farke seems to see Piroe as a midfielder now, he's certainly having him play deeper than even a 10. But he'll always be a finisher so he becomes a goal scoring midfielder.

I don't think Piroe has played more than a few minutes here and there as the 9 for us. So in that respect Joseph is ahead of him in the pecking order
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

As someone who hasn't been able to see a match at ER for several years now, I'll let others share their views on the new ticketing scheme.

I think DF still considers Joseph as third in line behind Bamford and Piroe and will continue to use him sparingly for the rest of the season unless one of the other two gets injured.
He's definitely handy to have especially if we need a goal late in games. He certainly looked lively when he came on against Stoke.
I'd have no qualms about him starting but I don't think he will just yet.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Chilli D wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:14 am As someone who hasn't been able to see a match at ER for several years now, I'll let others share their views on the new ticketing scheme.

I think DF still considers Joseph as third in line behind Bamford and Piroe and will continue to use him sparingly for the rest of the season unless one of the other two gets injured.
He's definitely handy to have especially if we need a goal late in games. He certainly looked lively when he came on against Stoke.
I'd have no qualms about him starting but I don't think he will just yet.
I was impressed at how Joseph rounded the keeper at stoke, and still got his shot on target from a very tight angle.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Can’t comment on season tickets.

Definitely like Mateo, natural goal scorer like Piroe but with youth and pace on his side. If he continues to improve at the current rate he’ll become a star for us.

Interesting take on the Leicester finance scenario from the local news outlet:

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1220267034?-11130:816
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Carrick Dave wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:56 am Can’t comment on season tickets.

Definitely like Mateo, natural goal scorer like Piroe but with youth and pace on his side. If he continues to improve at the current rate he’ll become a star for us.

Interesting take on the Leicester finance scenario from the local news outlet:

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1220267034?-11130:816
Piroe's only 24, but I know what you're saying.

Even if we sell him in the Summer, we'll definitely at least get our money back on him.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Morning folks.

The thing with Joseph is this:

If we promote has he improved enough to stay ahead of the rest in the pecking order or will we need investment there?
If we don't I think he is perfectly placed to move ahead of Bamford during next season.

Interesting situation which is essentially were we were with a host of young ones last time we promoted with Joffy, and Greenwood in particular not equipped for the step up.

Season ticket holders have the option to retrade their seats to others which is good, but any thought of taking their repurchasing rights away due to non attendance is dangerous and should be handled case by case. There may be mitigating issues which temporarily prevent a long standing supporter to not be able to attend at the moment.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Does anyone want me to post boxing streams after the game?

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Thing about Joffy was we stopped using his strengths. A striker he’s not. Modern football doesn’t seem to have room for the old style 10 so a lot of very good footballers find themselves a touch obsolete. Joffy in a 442/352 would be one of the best players in the league imo.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Would Mick Jones and Allan Clarke get into the same team in today’s football?
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:53 am Would Mick Jones and Allan Clarke get into the same team in today’s football?
Yes, because they had the quality & would be fitter if playing in modern day football.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

I’ve a relative who’s an ST at Old Trafford, he goes only once per season and never passes it on. Weird I know, I just think he likes the kudos, anyway it just shows that the 49ers are happier with bums on seats rather than the money they receive, like scum are
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:56 am Yes, because they had the quality & would be fitter if playing in modern day football.
Where does Clarke play?
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Morning all.
They need to sort the fiasco out of ripping their own fans off first and foremost, set of f**king greedy bastards
That is based on being ripped off too many times this season alone, thats when the system actually allows you to purchase one.
How can any club continually fleece their own supporters is beyond me, Iv'e said it before, the away section don't sell out, the remainder got to the home fans, which is great, what isn't great is that they then sell the very same tickets to their own fans, us, me included for more than double what it would cost an away fan !!! f**king parasites.
If someone has forked out all that dosh for a ST, surely its up to them how they use it, you wouldn't buy a car and let the garage you bought it off dictate when you can drive it.
They need to be very careful.

Joseph needs to show he can step up to the mark on a regular basis, we've seen it all beofre with upcoming talent just to drop off, many don't make it, but first they have to be given the chance.

3 points tonight and I'll be a happy bunny :tup:
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:09 pm Where does Clarke play?
As a No.8, a clinical striker, up there with the best, such as Law, Greaves, Hunt, Hurst, etc
ruttermania
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by ruttermania »

It seems to me that Gelhardt's most productive spell came in Marsch's first fight for survival when it was so hectic and desperate that there was no real sense of anyone's position. Last season he went to Sunderland and because of injuries he was played as a Number 9 and it didn't really work. At the moment Rutter is the main man at N0.10 and he is a completely different type of player so if Joffy comes on as a sub he seems to be buzzing around fairly ineffectually. Against Stoke it seemed to me that our forwards were very slow to the second balls which allowed them time to clear their lines. I think that this is the type of situation in which he would thrive and there would be merit in having him and Joseph playing together for the last 20/30 minutes of some games as it would give Defences a whole new problem and opportunities could be created by the willingness to chase knockdowns etc.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mentalcase wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:13 pm Morning all.
They need to sort the fiasco out of ripping their own fans off first and foremost, set of f**king greedy bastards
That is based on being ripped off too many times this season alone, thats when the system actually allows you to purchase one.
How can any club continually fleece their own supporters is beyond me, Iv'e said it before, the away section don't sell out, the remainder got to the home fans, which is great, what isn't great is that they then sell the very same tickets to their own fans, us, me included for more than double what it would cost an away fan !!! f**king parasites.
If someone has forked out all that dosh for a ST, surely its up to them how they use it, you wouldn't buy a car and let the garage you bought it off dictate when you can drive it.
They need to be very careful.
A bit like the refund owed to our loyal fans, I brought up on the Season-Ticket thread this morning.

I believe they are attempting to fleece our fans, just give us our refund, not try to hide it in small print.

LUFC are like any other big organisation, who show no loyalty to their customers.

I'm ditching EE when my mobile contract expires in the next few months, as they ripped me off!
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

The Subhuman wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:03 am Farke seems to see Piroe as a midfielder now, he's certainly having him play deeper than even a 10. But he'll always be a finisher so he becomes a goal scoring midfielder.

I don't think Piroe has played more than a few minutes here and there as the 9 for us. So in that respect Joseph is ahead of him in the pecking order
He started as number 9 against Swansea
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

For this season, it doesn't look like Farke will role the dice. He's likely to stick with experience and players who are established in their roles. That means, like at Swansea, Piroe being the first called upon if Bamford is injured. The only times Joseph has started, Piroe has also started.

Next season, I'd be happy with Bamford being our starting 9 but Joseph having much more playing time and pushing to get ahead of Bamford. I wouldn't mind a superstar striker if we get promoted. But we need to sign some defenders first.