Mateo Joseph Fernandez

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Mateo Joseph Fernandez

Post by 1964white »

No way Mateo should start ahead of Bamford after we have acquired 31 out of 33 points & especially in a upcoming tough Yorkshire derby.

Mateo is a great prospect for the future & should be used sparingly as Farke is deploying, coming on against tired legs in the last 15 to 20 minutes.

We shouldn't start gambling at this stage of the season unless absolutely necessary, experience is key!
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Seems a popular lad judging by how many joined the celebration.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Natural born predator ... there's not many of those around
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

The Subhuman wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 pm Natural born predator ... there's not many of those around
He’s been like that at every level from just before we signed him up to now.
He’s since added strength to go with it.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

The Subhuman wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 pm Natural born predator ... there's not many of those around
P Diddy?
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:27 pmP Diddy?
Not a nickname I'd recommend
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

Predator is right--Sub's kind not Jay's kind :lol:

Didn't get to see the match, but quite the impact given the time played...glad to see him continuing to shine.

P.S. If you want an xG breakdown SH, just shoot me a private message :lol:

Source: https://twitter.com/LUFCDATA/status/177 ... gr%5Etweet
In Farke we trust...
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

weasel wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:23 pm Seems a popular lad judging by how many joined the celebration.
I'm not sure if you were joking. Maybe I'm stating the obvious in that it was an 88th minute winner.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Mateo looks like he might be solving any future questions about our first choice number 9. Still think he needs a bit of time and that Bamford is the answer to finish this season. But I could see him leap frogging Bamford next season. If we're in the PL, I envisage Bamford starting with Joseph on the bench. But could quickly see Joseph becoming first choice
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:59 pm Mateo looks like he might be solving any future questions about our first choice number 9. Still think he needs a bit of time and that Bamford is the answer to finish this season. But I could see him leap frogging Bamford next season. If we're in the PL, I envisage Bamford starting with Joseph on the bench. But could quickly see Joseph becoming first choice
This, I think, is especially the case if Mateo keeps putting on muscle like he has between last season and this season. It was/is the same with Archie--it's like overnight they went from boys to men (-ish), with room still to grow.

We need them on some weight-gainer protein powder so they're muscled up for the Premier next season (knock on wood) :strong:
In Farke we trust...
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:13 pm This, I think, is especially the case if Mateo keeps putting on muscle like he has between last season and this season. It was/is the same with Archie--it's like overnight they went from boys to men (-ish), with room still to grow.

We need them on some weight-gainer protein powder so they're muscled up for the Premier next season (knock on wood) :strong:
But not entirely necessary. Look at the young ages that players like Owen, Rooney, Wilshere (Milner and Lennon for us) broke into the premier league. Gray and Joseph are old men by comparison.
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:17 pm But not entirely necessary. Look at the young ages that players like Owen, Rooney, Wilshere (Milner and Lennon for us) broke into the premier league. Gray and Joseph are old men by comparison.
Very true, AJS. I just know we won't get any love, or protection, from the refs in the Premier league either--someone, or something, needs to protect our youngins :rant: We can't bubble-wrap them, so I'm thinking a few more pounds of muscle is the next best bet.
In Farke we trust...
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:57 pm I'm not sure if you were joking. Maybe I'm stating the obvious in that it was an 88th minute winner.
Didn't realise it was an 88th minute winner when I posted - it does account for the level of jubilation. Although equally I have seen players celebrate goals before without celebrating with the scorer. It is something I always watch for as the way a team celebrates says a lot about how united they are and also how liked the scorer is. You can often notice cliques at clubs by watching which players celebrate together.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:59 pm Mateo looks like he might be solving any future questions about our first choice number 9. Still think he needs a bit of time and that Bamford is the answer to finish this season. But I could see him leap frogging Bamford next season. If we're in the PL, I envisage Bamford starting with Joseph on the bench. But could quickly see Joseph becoming first choice
That seems a fairly ideal scenario with Joseph being eased in and then hopefully being good enough to be the main guy.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

weasel wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:21 pm Didn't realise it was an 88th minute winner when I posted - it does account for the level of jubilation. Although equally I have seen players celebrate goals before without celebrating with the scorer. It is something I always watch for as the way a team celebrates says a lot about how united they are and also how liked the scorer is. You can often notice cliques at clubs by watching which players celebrate together.
Yeah. We looked to have a Gnonto/Summerville click for a while. Some cringey moments of Summerville running to celebrate with Gnonto on the sideline. Pleased to see that doesn't seem to be the case now. There's definitely much more of a team chemistry. Everyone seems to be happy for each other.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:29 pm Yeah. We looked to have a Gnonto/Summerville click for a while. Some cringey moments of Summerville running to celebrate with Gnonto on the sideline. Pleased to see that doesn't seem to be the case now. There's definitely much more of a team chemistry. Everyone seems to be happy for each other.
It could have been the case that Summerville was helping Gnonto through a tough time at the club. There is no doubt they are close friends. If it was all about helping Gnonto out then it worked a treat. I have seen no evidence of a clique at the club this season. Even the RB on loan from Spurs was an enthusiastic goal celebrant.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Pushing for a start for me now.

Real pest and clearly full of confidence.

One of the bright sparks tonight imo.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

How many seconds was Mateo on the pitch when he scored the equaliser?
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

1964white wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:22 am How many seconds was Mateo on the pitch when he scored the equaliser?
Brynn said 30 seconds when he interviewed him post match. I think it was much less.