General Chat

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Re: General Chat

Post by Sara »

The Subhuman wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:39 am I think you once posted that you were very happy to have passed through it .... Soooo many trees, it can be enclosing at times and very menacing and stark in winter. I love it.

Shame about the numpties living in it.... well, most of them
Spent much of my childhood in the woods, and loved it at night... always felt safe.

Always thought Surrey was for the London suburban poshos... maybe you're the exception...
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

hector wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:12 pm Please enlighten me to whom you are refering
Mental Case. I see you've closed the report without comment, and he's still joking about it, so that was a waste of time, wasn't it.
hector

Post by hector »

Sara wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:51 am Mental Case. I see you've closed the report without comment, and he's still joking about it, so that was a waste of time, wasn't it.
You put it as a plural...
Adam has replied to you, further up this thread
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

hector wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:53 am You put it as a plural...
Adam has replied to you, further up this thread
It's a general principle, applied to a specific case.
hector

Post by hector »

It seemed like you refering to all of the mods
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

hector wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:57 am It seemed like you refering to all of the mods
Not at all... unless you choose to be tainted by association.
Sean_Nile
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sean_Nile »

Jaydog wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:41 am How is this decided?
Does it put pressure on people to be happy when they don’t want to be.
“Cheer up mate or we might lose our title”.
Don't take my word for it listen to what a Mexican girl has to say as to what makes up happiness
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

We have a client who is Finnish, her two daughters love life in Finland, I doubt they would want to emigrate to the UK.
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

Most of you will probably have already seen this but watch it again anyway.
The most Heart wrenching and mind blowing version of Stairway to Heaven performed in front of Plant, Page and Jones. Watch it till the end and you'll see that they really enjoyed it too.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

https://www-bbc-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.or ... &cap=swipe

As of today, by Scottish law I need to be nice to everybody.

I’m not sure whether this means everybody Scottish, or everybody in general. I’m thinking, as the law has been introduced by the party responsible for wanting Independence, it only applies to Scots.

So here goes: Ae a Bonny An Giblean ye Albannaich. Otherwise, the rest of you can get fecked.

If I don’t respond to your collective well-wishes in return, I can be contacted via my new postal address: PO Box 99, HMP Barlinnie.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Orange Box wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:25 am https://www-bbc-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.or ... &cap=swipe

As of today, by Scottish law I need to be nice to everybody.

I’m not sure whether this means everybody Scottish, or everybody in general. I’m thinking, as the law has been introduced by the party responsible for wanting Independence, it only applies to Scots.

So here goes: Ae a Bonny An Giblean ye Albannaich. Otherwise, the rest of you can get fecked.

If I don’t respond to your collective well-wishes in return, I can be contacted via my new postal address: PO Box 99, HMP Barlinnie.
There was an old scottish fella lived down the road from my mates in the early 70s, I would go down after my work on t' farm for a few hours, we often cycled round the back of his house through a snicket to the playing fields which he didn't like us doing although it was a public right of way.
"Och aye ,ye com aroond ma bak agin I piss all over yoooo" he'd shout, we still say it to this day when we see each other some 50 yrs later.
I can be contacted at my flirty aunties house, she runs a pub.
Miss Fanny Likes
69, Cockwell inn
Tillit
Herts
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

mentalcase wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:41 am There was an old scottish fella lived down the road from my mates in the early 70s, I would go down after my work on t' farm for a few hours, we often cycled round the back of his house through a snicket to the playing fields which he didn't like us doing although it was a public right of way.
"Och aye ,ye com aroond ma bak agin I piss all over yoooo" he'd shout, we still say it to this day when we see each other some 50 yrs later.
I can be contacted at my flirty aunties house, she runs a pub.
Miss Fanny Likes
69, Cockwell inn
Tillit
Herts
It’s already been covered, in another thread with Ash from America. All Scots are poets.

And your Aunt Fanny. That’s a lovely area, I’m told.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Is it possible to have a simple poll, with just one simple question -

How many more times should Israel be able to play the 'Holocaust' card ?

No more.
1 more time.
Unlimited amount of times.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Who the fck trains these guys huh ? It sounds like the D-day landings in Saving Private Ryan.

If guns have to be used at all - 1 simple order to 1 man - 'Take the tyres out'

Lord help you all....https://uk.yahoo.com/news/unarmed-teena ... 27075.html
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

The topic is flooding. I was woken at 3am today by a gurgling sound from the bathroom, when I went to check what it was, I found grey/brown water gushing (and I mean, gushing) from my shower drain. The heavy rain has caused the sewage storm drain to overflow. This is the responsibility of Scottish Water apparently, who told me that persistent heavier than normal rainfall is the cause, and the system can’t cope anymore.

Thankfully it’s stopped raining and the sewage overflow is receding. Thank goodness I have a tiled floor and underfloor heating or I’d be looking at a massive repair claim, but the house stinks like Tommy Wass’s taproom on a Friday night. (That’ll sort the Loiners from the rest).

Global warming, I’m thinking. Where’s Greta Thunderthighs when you need her?
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Orange Box wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:28 am The topic is flooding. I was woken at 3am today by a gurgling sound from the bathroom, when I went to check what it was, I found grey/brown water gushing (and I mean, gushing) from my shower drain. The heavy rain has caused the sewage storm drain to overflow. This is the responsibility of Scottish Water apparently, who told me that persistent heavier than normal rainfall is the cause, and the system can’t cope anymore.

Thankfully it’s stopped raining and the sewage overflow is receding. Thank goodness I have a tiled floor and underfloor heating or I’d be looking at a massive repair claim, but the house stinks like Tommy Wass’s taproom on a Friday night. (That’ll sort the Loiners from the rest).

Don’t look now OB but the forecast is rain for the next week with Storm Kathleen on the way this weekend. 🫣
Keeping The Faith
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

CUSSIE01 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 am Don’t look now OB but the forecast is rain for the next week with Storm Kathleen on the way this weekend. 🫣
Too late, I’ve already looked. I’m hoping you guys ont tother side ot watter soak it all up first.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Orange Box wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:28 am The topic is flooding. I was woken at 3am today by a gurgling sound from the bathroom, when I went to check what it was, I found grey/brown water gushing (and I mean, gushing) from my shower drain. The heavy rain has caused the sewage storm drain to overflow. This is the responsibility of Scottish Water apparently, who told me that persistent heavier than normal rainfall is the cause, and the system can’t cope anymore.

I sympathise with you pal, I had a flooded kitchen last year, water pipe burst, complete new kitchen and dining room flooring to boot, had to move out for 2 weeks.
Didnea smell like tommy wass' taproom like.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Any of our North American friends getting a good view of today’s eclipse ? Be good to see a few photos posted.
Disclaimer - Remember, if you’re thick enough to look directly at the sun or through binoculars or telescopes and blind yourself don’t try to come running to me, you’ll probably trip over something & hurt yourself.
Keeping The Faith
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

It was directly over my house. Unfortunately I'm not there.