The World Has Gone Mad!!!

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
hector

Re: The World Has Gone Mad!!!

Post by hector »

Sara wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:40 am Immigrants that come here and treat it like the shithole they've come from, and expect us (indigenous folk) to clean up after them.

Your interpretation, please?

IMG_4087.jpeg
I have already stated that my interpretation is not relevant,
hector

Post by hector »

Sara wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:41 am Can't believe I'm actually having this conversation.
well stop then
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

hector wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:46 am I have already stated that my interpretation is not relevant,
You have accused me of misinterpreting the comment. I'm asking you to justify that accusation by showing me where my interpretation is wrong.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

hector wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:48 am well stop then
You leave me no option but to withdraw from the forum.
hector

Post by hector »

Sara wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:48 am You have accused me of misinterpreting the comment. I'm asking you to justify that accusation by showing me where my interpretation is wrong.
I haven't accused you of anything, I just said that you didn't put up the original words originally but your interpretation of them.

All I said was "that's not what he said" and it wasn't

So therefore I do not have to justify anything, as there is nothing to justify
hector

Post by hector »

Sara wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:50 am You leave me no option but to withdraw from the forum.
If you feel that is what you must do, fine
If you don't ... fine
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

1964white wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:20 am Post your prediction up OB, before you hibernate :lol:
I’m waiting for team selection, who knows who’s going to be fit after that pointless international break.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

hector wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:02 am have a dip in the hot tub mate

ob.png
Racist, he chuckles.

Actually, my first reaction was to add, “he sniggers”. Then I thought ….
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
hector

Post by hector »

Orange Box wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:03 pm Racist, he chuckles.

Actually, my first reaction was to add, “he sniggers”. Then I thought ….
:) :)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Sara wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:41 am Can't believe I'm actually having this conversation.
Neither can I ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Jaydog wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:40 am Gaslighting is a form of psychological manipulation in which the abuser attempts to sow self-doubt and confusion in their victim's mind. Typically, gaslighters are seeking to gain power and control over the other person, by distorting reality and forcing them to question their own judgment and intuition.
Is that what Hector is doing?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Orange Box wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:58 am I’m waiting for team selection, who knows who’s going to be fit after that pointless international break.
Pointless indeed.
hector

Post by hector »

The Subhuman wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:10 pm Is that what Hector is doing?
No it isn't
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

The Subhuman wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:10 pm Is that what Hector is doing?
No comment.
Personally I’d go with what you said. Make an apology if it offended anyone and move on.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:14 pm Pointless indeed.
We may look back on the international break as the reason it disrupted us, especially as our form was in full flow prior to the last two weeks events.

There again, the break has given Georginio time to recover from his hernia operation.

Swings & roundabouts!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

hector wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:20 pmNo it isn't
How do I know? And why mention gaslighting?

I know it's not what Sara is doing as I "speak" with her daily and it would be massively out of character. I don't like the dismissive way she's been treated but then this forum has a great record of letting quality posters go to stick up for a "mate" in the wrong.

I do l let casual racism go, I will confess, if I'm talking to someone from a different time whose sensibilities are not current, mum was like that after she got dementia, my MiL can be too at times at 92.... They're old/ill and it's really too late for them and it makes no sense to chastise them for it.
Last edited by The Subhuman on Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Jaydog wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:22 pm No comment.
Personally I’d go with what you said. Make an apology if it offended anyone and move on.
I posted something that, once I read back, could have been misread as sexism, on waccoe a while back. I apologized before I was even pulled up and I'm not sure I would have been
hector

Post by hector »

The Subhuman wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:32 pm How do I know? And why mention gaslighting?

I know it's not what Sara is doing as I "speak" with her daily and it would be massively out of character. I don't like the dismissive way she's been treated but then this forum has a great record of letting quality posters go to stick up for a "mate" in the wrong.

I do l let casual racism go, I will confess, if I'm talking to someone from a different time whose sensibilities are not current, mum was like that after she got dementia, my MiL can be too at times at 92.... They're old/ill and it's really too late for them and it makes no sense to chastise them for it.
I didn't.... Sara did

I just asked what it was
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

hector wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:47 pm I didn't.... Sara did

I just asked what it was
Ahh my apologies, didn't see that.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

See ... an apology, not difficult