The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 8th April) - Ipswich falter but Leeds bottle it

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 8th April) - Ipswich falter but Leeds bottle it

Post by whiteinfrance »

We'll win next 2 home games, should beat QPR and Southampton will gift us the final match as they prepare for the play-offs. Unly game worries me a bit is at Boro
Allez les Blancs , Les Paons
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 8th April) - Ipswich falter but Leeds bottle it

Post by whiteinfrance »

WhiteRose wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:27 am That’s the digital slap in the face I needed!
Yes, consider yourself well and truly slapped!

And relax :roflmao:
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

whiteinfrance wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:29 am We'll win next 2 home games, should beat QPR and Southampton will gift us the final match as they prepare for the play-offs. Only game worries me a bit is at Boro
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

We now have two very winnable home games. As long as we win them both, the worst we can be is a point off automatic promotion still.
All is not lost by any means but I think we now probably need 4 wins and a draw from the last five games to finish top 2.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

If we do go up, a priority would be for a creative, goalscorer in midfield.

First name on the list - Matt O'Riley

What we wouldn't give for another Pablo :love:
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Tom the Cat wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:39 am I read in the Yorkshire Post this morning that DF refuses to criticise Bamford saying that his running off the ball is invaluable !! If you watch him closely you will note that he runs around like a big girl and always times his runs so that he just doesn't make it in time to make a challenge. However that is possibly better than having him missing sitters from close range. As stated by a previous poster his missed sitters (including penalties) last season were a major contribution to us being relegated and his misses lately are likely to be a MAJOR cause of us missing out on automatic promotion.
Joseph is different class, puts himself about, has a good shot on him, and worries defenders. Bambi has none of these qualities and in my opinion should not start another game or Leeds.
Did ya want Bert sacked Tom ?
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

WhiteRose wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:27 am That’s the digital slap in the face I needed!
:)
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

whiteinfrance wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:29 am We'll win next 2 home games, should beat QPR and Southampton will gift us the final match as they prepare for the play-offs. Unly game worries me a bit is at Boro
:shock:
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

No game at this stage of the season is a foregone conclusion for any team.

I just concentrate on Leeds, because there is nothing Leeds can now do to influence how many points Ipswich or Lester obtain before the end of the season.

Sunderland at home is a good game to hopefully get back on track with a commanding performance.

In terms of the morning debate - Elland asks the questions and suggests possible causes of our poor recent form. They are not conclusive or based upon solid fact but can be food for thought, which is required to generate debate, which is the whole point of what he does. Keep it going I say.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

whiteinfrance wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:29 am We'll win next 2 home games, should beat QPR and Southampton will gift us the final match as they prepare for the play-offs. Unly game worries me a bit is at Boro
Ayling and Greenwood won't be able to play for them at least
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

Chilli D wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:11 am Ayling and Greenwood won't be able to play for them at least
Is that a bonus for them thoigh? :lol:
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

whiteinfrance wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:21 am Is that a bonus for them though? :lol:
Tom the Cat
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Tom the Cat »

Or the poofta pinks
ruttermania
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by ruttermania »

FFS we lose by 1 goal an away game against a tough opponent and all the geniuses on here are howling at the moon including the main man . Apparently you lot know better than everyone including Bielsa and Farke both of whom rate Bamford highly and it is not coincidental that our improved form in 2024 coincided with him starting in the team. As far as I can see Summerville is a selfish player ( see his penalty against Hull) who only passes when there is no realistic opportunity to shoot and he mainly uses Bamford to draw defenders to create opportunities for himself . Joseph is far better coming on with 20-25 minutes left where his energy and bite work best against tiring Defences and there is less time for him to risk cards for some of the stupid fouls he will inevitably give away. I have confidence in DF and his process and I have no time whatsoever for the Bamford haters and panic merchants who infest this site.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

IMG_8959.jpeg

I had one but the handle fell off
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Irish Ian wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:54 am Bottle it.

One if those tropes no-one knows what it means but it sounds mean, tough and knowledgeable.

We lost a football match.

s**t happens.

The spilt makers are out in force.
Have to agree.

This was always going to be a tough match. Coventry played well. We had opportunities, but only converted one.

Sh** happens, indeed.

Let's win tomorrow.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

whiteinfrance wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:21 am Is that a bonus for them thoigh? :lol:
Definitely and they can gladly have Bamfraud to help us out too :)
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Jaydog wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:28 am IMG_8959.jpeg

I had one but the handle fell off
Drop it off at the Forshaw Suite for repair Jay 8-)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

White Riot wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:58 am Drop it off at the Forshaw Suite for repair Jay 8-)
Do they fix mugs?
There you go, teed it up for you. Open goal…..
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Jaydog wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:00 pm Do they fix mugs?
There you go, teed it up for you. Open goal…..
You may never see your mug again if you hand it to them, but I'd say that's a bonus.