The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 8th April) - Ipswich falter but Leeds bottle it

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 8th April) - Ipswich falter but Leeds bottle it

Post by The Subhuman »

Tom the Cat wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:24 am Or the poofta pinks
What the f**k are you on about…?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Johnthewhite
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 8th April) - Ipswich falter but Leeds bottle it

Post by Johnthewhite »

Let's all save our energy for tomorrow night and really get behind the boys as they need us more than ever now. Been a bit disappointed with the atmosphere at ER for the last couple of games, alot of people turning up just expecting us to roll teams over, the championship is not like that, we are going to have to earn it.
COME ON LEEDS...
onemoreslogan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by onemoreslogan »

Yeah, I'm not really worried. The break came at a bad time for us (as did Rutter's surgery) but we're getting healthier. Two home ties and some rest should help DF right the ship.

And, worse case scenario, a playoff promotion run could be fun and exciting... No matter how it goes we're in for some drama.
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Just after I’d calmed down we hear Ampadu is sick and I’d guess Cooper is now gonna start now - back to the panic.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

WhiteRose wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 pm Just after I’d calmed down we hear Ampadu is sick and I’d guess Cooper is now gonna start now - back to the panic.
Oh, my giddy me :shock:
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

To further add salt to the wound Everton docked a paltry 2 points for the latest PSR breach - just get rid of it it’s not fit for any purpose whatsoever
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

WhiteRose wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 pm Just after I’d calmed down we hear Ampadu is sick and I’d guess Cooper is now gonna start now - back to the panic.
Oh no! Oh no! Oh no! Oh no! Oh no! Help! Help! Help! Help!

Must lie down! Must lie down! Must lie down!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Allez les Blancs , Les Paons
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

On the plus side - scientists have unveiled a plan to bring back the mammoth apparently

Which is nice :)
Allez les Blancs , Les Paons
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

whiteinfrance wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:16 pm On the plus side - scientists have unveiled a plan to bring back the mammoth apparently

Which is nice :)
Formerly known as Liam Cooper. I know I know that was harsh before everyone lumps on. Always liked LC, obviously a bit slower now but at 32 that’s to be expected, always gave his best for us & can come up with important goals from set pieces and adds a bit of height at defending corners. Decent enough cover for Amps if needed. Hopefully we’ll be doing the business at the other end.
Keeping The Faith
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

It’s normally Cjay the King of Jinxers that delivers the bad news. Is he having a day off?
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:13 pm It’s normally Cjay the King of Jinxers that delivers the bad news. Is he having a day off?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Cjay has delivered the doom on the Sunderland Match thread. ;-)
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Doom is Rodon get injured during the game -just saying what everyone was trying not to think and panic about 😂😂😂
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

ruttermania wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:25 am FFS we lose by 1 goal an away game against a tough opponent and all the geniuses on here are howling at the moon including the main man . Apparently you lot know better than everyone including Bielsa and Farke both of whom rate Bamford highly and it is not coincidental that our improved form in 2024 coincided with him starting in the team. As far as I can see Summerville is a selfish player ( see his penalty against Hull) who only passes when there is no realistic opportunity to shoot and he mainly uses Bamford to draw defenders to create opportunities for himself . Joseph is far better coming on with 20-25 minutes left where his energy and bite work best against tiring Defences and there is less time for him to risk cards for some of the stupid fouls he will inevitably give away. I have confidence in DF and his process and I have no time whatsoever for the Bamford haters and panic merchants who infest this site.
I'm with you Rutterman :tup:
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

LC will be an excellent addition for the run in, DF will have to go hell for leather on the attacking front though.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

ruttermania wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:25 am FFS we lose by 1 goal an away game against a tough opponent and all the geniuses on here are howling at the moon including the main man . Apparently you lot know better than everyone including Bielsa and Farke both of whom rate Bamford highly and it is not coincidental that our improved form in 2024 coincided with him starting in the team. As far as I can see Summerville is a selfish player ( see his penalty against Hull) who only passes when there is no realistic opportunity to shoot and he mainly uses Bamford to draw defenders to create opportunities for himself . Joseph is far better coming on with 20-25 minutes left where his energy and bite work best against tiring Defences and there is less time for him to risk cards for some of the stupid fouls he will inevitably give away. I have confidence in DF and his process and I have no time whatsoever for the Bamford haters and panic merchants who infest this site.
I’ve backed Bamford all season & have commended him numerous times on here for his contribution to the team and his harrying & hassling defenders into giving possession away but anyone watching the past 3/4 games can see Paddy has lost his spark. When I look at a striker I want to see confidence, energy, & goals instead he looks scared, tired & dejected, starting Piroe or Joseph on Tues could be the kick up the ar*e he needs. Having a difference of opinion or wanting to try something different doesn’t make posters Bamford haters or panic merchants. I also back DF to get the job done. Paddy will prob start, get a hat trick & goal of the season on Tues now.
Keeping The Faith
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

100%
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

White Riot wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:58 am Drop it off at the Forshaw Suite for repair Jay 8-)
You won't get it back for 8 weeks. And when you do it will just break again.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Oh great, another one who labels everyone who has a different opinion of Bamford as a “hater”. And “infest”?

Words fail me.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.