Sunderland - Post Match Discussion

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Re: Sunderland - Post Match Discussion

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Poor, deserved nothing. Ref was poor aswell.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Gray and James doesnt work down that right either. No threat from either. It means that Rutter has to come bouncing over which just brings more defenders into the mix.

I would like to see Rutter running into space and recieving the ball instead of always coming towards the ball and having to do his tricks.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Irish Ian wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:00 pm First time I have doubted Farke was tonight.

Our approach was all wrong, it ended up with " give the ball to Jimmy".

He has to be able to get better out of those players.

At no point did we look dangerous, even the two penalty shouts were gifts from them rather than anything special our lads did.
This, ^, can’t be arsed to write anything for myself.
Keeping The Faith
Morpheus
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Morpheus »

Did anyone just watch Bamfords post match Sky interview?

Totally carefree and laid back attitude, seeing a point as almost a bonus.

He doesn’t care and I almost feel as though he’s getting a slight kick out of it.

Not nice to see.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Awful night. No urgency, no intricate passing, disjointed, players flailing their arms around because of lack of movement. How can we not muster up the energy at this stage of the season. I'm pissed off with that tonight. Woeful truly woeful.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

I agree with all the general criticism but the officiating is atrocious. Especially the second pen shout. Both are nailed on by VAR. The die was cast early when the ref let Ballard off with a warning and not a card.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Gruev was winding me up. He gets the ball. Dithers plays it back and then points his arm forwards suggesting either Rodon or Amps take responsibility to get it forward. He did it so often it was winding me up.
He wasn’t the only one but we have nothing dynamic or progressive between him and Kamara against an organised team.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Cjay wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:09 pm Cjinx I might be but I highlighted it in Championship thread.

Leicester don't have a great record at The Den
You did but still…
Ipswich must be licking their chops big time.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Morpheus wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:12 pm Did anyone just watch Bamfords post match Sky interview?

Totally carefree and laid back attitude, seeing a point as almost a bonus.

He doesn’t care and I almost feel as though he’s getting a slight kick out of it.

Not nice to see.
Tbf that is Bamford. He is always laid back in an interview regardless of what has happened on the pitch.
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by VinnysTattoo »

I think these last two results have been on the cards for a while.

Can’t get the obsession with Bamford either.
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

Yes Gruev and Kamara just play the ball back and sideways, no creativity.

We never get anything from corners

We need Watford to do us a favour tomorrow

Looking unlikely for the autos at the moment
Allez les Blancs , Les Paons
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

I said befire, but we need to bring back Pablo for these last few games, even just as a presence behind the scenes. Berardi too.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Jaydog wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:14 pm I agree with all the general criticism but the officiating is atrocious. Especially the second pen shout. Both are nailed on by VAR. The die was cast early when the ref let Ballard off with a warning and not a card.
EFL need to keep the cash cow.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

If you start the game with 9 men then our creative players will struggle. Bamford for the third game running was a hinderance, James form is waning. Kamara goes more into his shell every week. I'm bloody sure he was a lot better earlier in the season with nice flicks and clever passes

This is a Farke thing, it feels like he doesn't want to lose. I got stuck behind a brand new car today who's driver was driving so defensively it was a painful 7 miles. I swear he slowed down to 10 mph if a car came the opposite way!!.. That's Farke driving Leeds atm. He's not playing to win but hoping other teams fail
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I think Paddy is excellent at getting managers to think he's the son they never had ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Leicester play Friday and no Ipswich this weekend, so no real excuses
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

I've held the belief for a long time that it would at best be play offs....as supporters we get carried away with how good we are but other teams don't give a toss about that, they just turn up and play to their abilities....and quite lately usually get a result ! We will be in the play offs....no doubt....then it's down to mentality with a bit of luck....I'm resigned to that now and got to admit feel better for it.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Who's starting the Blackburn pre match chat ?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

60sUnited wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:23 pm I've held the belief for a long time that it would at best be play offs....as supporters we get carried away with how good we are but other teams don't give a toss about that, they just turn up and play to their abilities....and quite lately usually get a result ! We will be in the play offs....no doubt....then it's down to mentality with a bit of luck....I'm resigned to that now and got to admit feel better for it.
We're not cup lucky. I wouldn't expect to come through via the playoffs.
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by VinnysTattoo »

We are sleep walking into the playoffs unfortunately