Sunderland - Post Match Discussion

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Sunderland - Post Match Discussion

Post by Kennyb41 »

DDB220 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:28 pm He is afraid of the counter Kenny. He wants to dominate the game possession wise before whipping the horse. It is difficult at the business end for players to play without fear of making a mistake. You can see it creeping in with a few in particular during the last few games with all the arm waving and passing backwards looking for the safe option.
DDB, you are probably, rightly so, going off last nights Plymouth v Leicester game, where the low block worked to perfection for Plymouth, and now on the foxes furum you've got 93% of Cjay people calling for the managers head coz he couldn't break thru it.

That game is the perfect example to all fans of what managers are trying to do, we have had our own problems trying to break thru it v your Hudds etc etc like teams.

I could go on and on abart this but can't be arsed to type like Weasel does (and also can't write it as good as him) but basically, all i'm going to say is - Do not try the same for the full 90 mins, and especially at home (or in our case, away anorl) you could start by pretending you're gonna try and drag them out, but then blitz them, and vice versa. Blitz them first for 10 mins then try and drag them out, but ffs mix it up, have a Plan A, B and C, change your players positions for 5 mins, like swapping over Jimmy and James/Gnonto, go to 4-4-2, or 4-1-4-1, 3-5-2.

I can't be arsed going on abart it more, but ffs don't try the same for 90, and i agree, that first goal is vital, yes, you have to try and bring teams out to play, but Watford, Hull, Sunderland and Coventry ALL wanted to play, and he still stupidly sat back, when we are better than them ALL on the attack, and he levelled the playing field for them. And some.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)