Blackburn Rovers Post Match Discussion

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Blackburn Rovers Post match discussion

Post by DDB220 »

Everytime we have a poor result (albeit this one was a shocker) the towel goes in. This league table for any of the top 4 is not finished by any means. Everyone at the top has been struggling, why we should be immune to the pressure is beyond me.

Did someone say we should keep Firpo for next season?

The bizarre comments keep coming.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Looks like we'll finish 4th and play West Brom, exactly the kind of side we struggle against.
Tyzy
First Team
First Team

Post by Tyzy »

I'll say it again, we won't go up by the playoffs,not a chance !
BillyBremner
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by BillyBremner »

I think that we lost important points early in the season mucking around trying to sort out the tempers and bad attitudes of all the players from last season. Took much too long to get fired up and without that miracle run for the first 3 months of the 2024 we would be just stuck in the playoffs place fight. If we do go up in top two now though would be a miracle

Marching on together
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Tyzy wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:21 pm I'll say it again, we won't go up by the playoffs,not a chance !
Yes , play off history is dire with this club .
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

I'm feeling rather flat after that debacle, but not half as bad as those of you expecting automatic promotion I reckon. Luckily, I never expected it to happen.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

DDB220 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:18 pm Everytime we have a poor result (albeit this one was a shocker) the towel goes in. This league table for any of the top 4 is not finished by any means. Everyone at the top has been struggling, why we should be immune to the pressure is beyond me.

Did someone say we should keep Firpo for next season?

The bizarre comments keep coming.
I think it was the subs for me. The only way we’d win that is to have carried on as we were. They smelt of panic not calm assurance. If you explain the point of that triple change I’m all ears.
As for the Gnonto one don’t bother. Utter stupidity on Farkes behalf.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

The Subhuman wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:02 pm I think Farke gets another year, strange season as we were playoff bound in January into Feb, most of us seemed settled with that.

But we have the best squad in the league imo, we’re the only team all others park the bus for almost every game. And at 0-0 your always in the game. I do wonder if other managers know that Farke destroys the balance with his subs and that’s when the trap is sprung. I can’t think of anyone playing badly today aside from Piroe (in a very key position) and obviously Paddy who seems to do nothing bar wind up the opposition, he’s not playing his own game last 6/7 games.
He shouldn't get another year.

We are absolutely screwed if we don't go up this year.

If he can't get this squad up he has no chance with weaker one.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:25 pm He shouldn't get another year.

We are absolutely screwed if we don't go up this year.

If he can't get this squad up he has no chance with weaker one.
Spot on.
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:24 pm I think it was the subs for me. The only way we’d win that is to have carried on as we were. They smelt of panic not calm assurance. If you explain the point of that triple change I’m all ears.
^This
Keeping The Faith
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:24 pm I think it was the subs for me. The only way we’d win that is to have carried on as we were. They smelt of panic not calm assurance. If you explain the point of that triple change I’m all ears.
The only sub I'd have looked to make was James for Jimmy around the 70th minute mark. Farke has a desperation to pick Bamfraud for some strange reason.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

SG90 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:28 pm The only sub I'd have looked to make was James for Jimmy around the 70th minute mark. Farke has a desperation to pick Bamfraud for some strange reason.
Same as he wasn’t having his best game.
Bamfords antics are getting on my tits tbh.
It’s funny because Farke gets roasted for making late changes but today he shouldn’t have bothered.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:33 pm Same as he wasn’t having his best game.
Bamfords antics are getting on my tits tbh.
It’s funny because Farke gets roasted for making late changes but today he shouldn’t have bothered.
Sign of a manager with no tactical ability
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

SG90 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:18 pm Looks like we'll finish 4th and play West Brom, exactly the kind of side we struggle against.
Southampton will demolish us anyway never mind west brom or Norwich or Coventry.
BlancdeBlanc
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by BlancdeBlanc »

In retrospect a point would have done today, everything is so tight. Wouldn’t have subbed Robert’s, Greuv and Gnonto as they were playing well, I would have taken off Jimmy, his head seems to be elsewhere. But we are where we are. I don’t think Farke will be sacked quickly, the accounts show that we waste millions on pay offs to sacked managers, we can’t afford another one. Play offs it is then.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

BlancdeBlanc wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:36 pm In retrospect a point would have done today, everything is so tight. Wouldn’t have subbed Robert’s, Greuv and Gnonto as they were playing well, I would have taken off Jimmy, his head seems to be elsewhere. But we are where we are. I don’t think Farke will be sacked quickly, the accounts show that we waste millions on pay offs to sacked managers, we can’t afford another one. Play offs it is then.
Would imagine the venture capital fund are very nervous

No way they planned for this to be more than a 1 season stay in the Championship.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

I haven’t seen the game, but I reckon I don’t need to. Early on this year I said we needed a couple of years at this level, to rebuild, then I got excited, and now I’m gutted.

On reflection though, I think my first instinct stands - we need a roots n all rebuild. I know there’s a danger we could face another generation in the doldrums, but that’s a risk I’d be willing to take. As said on here, if we do go up, we’ll be the kicking boys next year, because our bunch of kids aren’t up for that.

Yo-yo? Not for me. As for Farke, if only we could morph his man management with Marcelo’s footballing brain, and knock some stubbornness out of the pair of them, we’d be world beaters.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
BlancdeBlanc
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by BlancdeBlanc »

If Southampton win their next two games in hand on us, then we are level on points. That last game was always looming large…
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

BlancdeBlanc wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:43 pm If Southampton win their next two games in hand on us, then we are level on points. That last game was always looming large…
Southampton drawing with Watford
Keeping The Faith
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

I have no idea why he chose the changes he did. At that point, we were trying to win, Blackburn were not really posing a danger. The Gnonto sub was a bizarre one, if you need a goal I do not know why he took off the one player who looked the most likely to score for us. Piroe is not a 9 in our method of play. I was surprised he opted for Piroe for Bamford. But I can only suggest it was the experience factor.

The left side as an attacking force was diminished by the loss of Kamara which I think is integral to Firpo and Summerville. Firpo did OK defensively, but he was not the attacking threat we normally see.

We didn’t really create much throughout the game. Our set pieces is my biggest annoyance - we get so many and we rarely trouble the opposition goal. This is a massive problem when you are playing defensive teams. We lump the ball in the box and we have no one who can really cause the opposition a problem in the air. Why we keep lumping it in is beyond me.