Blackburn Rovers Post Match Discussion

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Re: Blackburn Rovers Post match discussion

Post by WhiteRose »

In hindsight we would of been better off playing teams like Norwich Ipswich and Leicester during the run in rather than teams willing to forego dignity and put 10 men behind the ball - I think I prefer having the next 2 games away as well might be a little less pressure on them. 3 wins and I still think we go up so no need to give up hope just yet.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

So Ipswich draw - crazy how no team seems capable of pulling away.

Southampton coming up on the rails - if they beat Leicester it will make things very interesting.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

WhiteRose wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:52 pm In hindsight we would of been better off playing teams like Norwich Ipswich and Leicester during the run in rather than teams willing to forego dignity and put 10 men behind the ball - I think I prefer having the next 2 games away as well might be a little less pressure on them. 3 wins and I still think we go up so no need to give up hope just yet.
I'd agree that three wins will take us up.

But at the moment we don't look like winning again this season.

Could and should have been home and hosed by now.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Can kind of understand why no one wants to go up:

Leicester - points deduction and forced to sell players for ffp
Ipswich - won't have the money to compete
Leeds - squad not good enough so will need replacing
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

White Riot wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:06 pm I'd agree that three wins will take us up.

But at the moment we don't look like winning again this season.

Could and should have been home and hosed by now.
To be honest Ipswich and Leicester are probably saying the same. This league is crazy. The bottom teams have suddenly come to life results wise.
Poshwhite
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Poshwhite »

It does make me smile when people complain about minutes added for extra time, Sunderland and today at half time. How many today after 90… 7/8 minutes and still can’t do anything! Sort it in 90 and stop winging about not having an extra 5 mins!! What do you want a replay if we don’t score!
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

SG90 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:12 pm Can kind of understand why no one wants to go up:

Leicester - points deduction and forced to sell players for ffp
Ipswich - won't have the money to compete
Leeds - squad not good enough so will need replacing
Leicester will get a points deduction if they don’t go up mate, If the accounting period starts after they sold Maddison and Barnes and with their wage bill they will have huge issues. The EFL will rinse them more than the EPL would.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

If I am being truthful the perfect scenario for me, for us to get promoted would be via the playoffs. But for my health auto’s would be better.
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

I couldn't believe we lost that game after so much possession, I was watching the game thinking that a draw wouldn't be a bad result then boom they score.

The top 3 are feeling pressure.

On a positive note, it's not over yet, despite me saying earlier auto promotion is off.
Johnsie123
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Johnsie123 »

I have got to say at Xmas time we would have all said we are in the play offs and I was one of them now we got it down too a couple of points we all think we should get promotion I got a feeling its the play off and I don't think southampton are going unless thru playoffs.The problem is we are really in a poor place e at mo and a young team you can all slag me off not sure I want promotion to probably come straight back down .
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

DDB220 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:13 pm To be honest Ipswich and Leicester are probably saying the same. This league is crazy. The bottom teams have suddenly come to life results wise.
I'd still expect one of Leeds, Ipswich and Leicester will put some results together and win it.

Then it's a toss up for the other spot.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

White Riot wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:29 pm I'd still expect one of Leeds, Ipswich and Leicester will put some results together and win it.

Can't see Leicester losing again. We will be 4 points adrift before Boro and with our bottlers, can't see them winning.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

White Riot wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:29 pm I'd still expect one of Leeds, Ipswich and Leicester will put some results together and win it.

I think Leicester are in the same boat we are.

Very talented squad at this level able to win games in spite of the manager and his tactics.

But have we got the nerve as well? That's the question both of us have?

Ipswich are the better coached and more experienced promotion side, and the braver side imo.

When it gets down to the nitty gritty what Ipswich have can be more important.

It may need people like Vardy to inspire his teammates, who does that for us?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Re: Blackburn Rovers Post Match Discussion

Post by YorkshireSquare »

What a frustrating football team! With other results largely going our way too.

Win our final three and we are up, drop any more points and we could be fourth. Just need to get our s**t together.
WestgateRun
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by WestgateRun »

We have only scored one goal in the last three games. And two of those games were at Elland Road!
What has happened?
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Cjay wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:36 pm I think Leicester are in the same boat we are.

Very talented squad at this level able to win games in spite of the manager and his tactics.

Ipswich are the better coached and more experienced promotion side, and the braver side imo.

This is where Aylings experience and changing room presence could have been very useful. I always thought it was a mistake to let him go.
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

WestgateRun wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:08 pm We have only scored one goal in the last three games. And two of those games were at Elland Road!
What has happened?
Expectation, Fear and panic.

Thing is that Leeds have had a great season considering how it started.

The players need to calm down, some are very young too, hopefully Farke's experience will get them through, I doubt some of his changes but can't knock where he has got us so far.

It's going to the wire, whoever holds their nerve I guess,
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Johnsie123 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:27 pm I have got to say at Xmas time we would have all said we are in the play offs and I was one of them now we got it down too a couple of points we all think we should get promotion I got a feeling its the play off and I don't think southampton are going unless thru playoffs.The problem is we are really in a poor place e at mo and a young team you can all slag me off not sure I want promotion to probably come straight back down .
To be honest another season in the champ wouldn’t be that bad but I worry that we will lose our best players and not have the cash to adequately replace them - with reduced parachute payments things only get worse and we then risk getting stuck here again for another decade. Even if we go up and come back down it at least tops up the cash.
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Cjay wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:36 pm I think Leicester are in the same boat we are.

Bamford and cooper of course
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

A comment from another site ;

"Patrick Bamford’s place in the side has looked at risk for a number of matches now, and so taking him out of the team was the right call by Farke.However, bringing in Piroe was not. He has shown time and time again this season he does not have the attributes to play as a lone front man, and that was proven again today.

Having made a change up front, Mateo Joseph simply had to be the man to come in based on his recent cameos from the bench.

Joseph is much more effective at making defenders work for every ball, has pace in behind and has shown he can finish. Farke has to trust him."

A lot of the current problems with this club right now stem from the fact that it never seems to learn lessons from the past. The club goes into every season relying on Bamford, despite the fact that he has often let the club and the fans down - 40m was lost on JKA because Bamford had hit one of his scoring droughts. We should have signed a really decent striker with part or all of that wasted sum.

Piroe has been a waste of money if it was intended that he bolster the striker options - apparently Roberts was shouting at him today for his lack of urgency. We needed another proper no 9, and arguably we haven't signed a genuinely decent one since Roofe or Wood 8 or 9 years ago now. Wood scored 27 goals in the league and 30 overall back in 2016/17.

And every season the club fails to make any significant loan or permanent signings in the January window - this season a decent striker on loan would have made a hell of a difference.

And Farke's lack of faith in Joseph is beyond my comprehension - he was brilliant against Chelsea, so why hasn't he at least given him a chance in recent games rather than derisory 10 minute cameos ?
Last edited by CHAPELALLMAN on Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.