Blackburn Rovers Post Match Discussion

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Blackburn Rovers Post Match Discussion

Post by White Riot »

Tom the Cat wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:32 pm What is the use of 76% possession when it only results in three shots on target ? All this tippy tappy passing sideways and backwards get us nowhere - the opposition allow us to have the ball in midfield as they know that when we reach their penalty area we cannot break them down.
The Gnonto substitution beggared belief and what does out leader do when we need a goal - he brings Bamford on !!! This guy must have some hold over managers as the last three have picked him in front of all others. I have a pal who is a Middlesbrough fan (it doesn't make him a bad chap) who said that the best thing that Orta did for 'Boro was to take Bamford to Leeds !!
Like most of you folk I cannot see us winning another match this season and ending up in the play-offs will most likely end in tears.
There is no point in all that possession Tom if you're gonna do nowt with it.

Brian Clough said "It takes two seconds to score a goal", but in our case it's at least two hours :sleep:

Only the really top teams and players like Messi are capable of walking the ball in.

I wouldn't give Bamford house room, but he's only a minor part of our problems. I talked to a Chelsea fan a while ago and he was saying they binned him off at a young age because he was always injured.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Blackburn Rovers Post match discussion

Post by White Riot »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:48 pm Good fish knowledge 👍🏼
Daniel still hasn't earned his corn, fella must be starving by now :)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

White Riot wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:49 pm Daniel still hasn't earned his corn, fella must be starving by now :)
He’s a donkey alright. Oh sorry I mean an ass
Last edited by Jaydog on Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:38 pm Doesn't matter, we aren't winning any of the last 3. You can tell when the mentality has gone.
Have to say, I'm not confident at all.

Our player's body language says it all at the final whistle.
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

Thought Gabe (a fellow American) summed it up perfectly:

https://www.youtube.com/live/Gp7_zwHLVS ... fnRHpI3wFl

Also thought Max was spot on on Just Joe:

https://www.youtube.com/live/XIijbf3Fj6 ... _RUqRdU9ES
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Scoobychief wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:40 pm Don't worry according to the faithful those you mentioned will us promoted. Another decade in the championship beckons
Next season could be our year, just like Bielsa's second season.
hector

Post by hector »

1964white wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:27 pm Do we practice shooting from set-pieces & crossing the ball?

When practising the sports I play, I tend to brush up on the weaker parts of my game.
I hear they have very good incontinence undies for when you squat down quickly.... Essential at your time of life I believe :P :P

:) :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Tyzy wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:01 pm I know it's only footy etc etc, but I'm absolutely seething
I'm thinking about my holidays :lol:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:51 pm He’s a donkey alright. Oh sorry I mean an ass
I'm watching the Masters Jay and can't help but think that if Leeds was there Bamford would fall in the water at the 12th and drown 😭
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

White Riot wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:57 pm I'm watching the Masters Jay and can't help but think that if Leeds was there Bamford would fall in the water at the 12th and drown 😭
Hopefully 🤞
pandagirl
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by pandagirl »

Barlow Boy wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:22 pm Welcome to the forum PG.

Disappointing, but it’s not over yet.
I`m optimistic!
Only live 10 min walk from the ground in Churwell.

But i`m so dissapointed

Leicester and Ipswich has literally put it on a plate for us, and we still can`t take advantage.

Nothing will do less than 3 straight wins, and a hope that leicester or ipswich draw one of their games.
Just dont fancy our chances in the playoffs.

Such a shame, i love this team so much, but for a while back, (even with the hull game), we have been struggling especially with the final product.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

White Riot wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:57 pm I'm watching the Masters Jay and can't help but think that if Leeds was there Bamford would fall in the water at the 12th and drown 😭
I’m watching too. My dad used to say “I’ll dip your head in that bucket of water twice & pull it out once”.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Tyzy wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:07 pm Problem is if we don't go up Farke will have a lot less quality in his squad ,its this year or it'll be a while imo
Why wouldn't we recruit quality signings in the summer?
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:41 pm I agree with everything he says.

Dave is not a Piroe fan. :lol:
I think Piroe can finish, but Danny boy is not getting the best out of him. But as Dave said his body language today was awful, and he wasn't the only one.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:00 pm Why wouldn't we recruit quality signings in the summer?
We've a mess and a half to clean up in the summer Leon.

JKAs pockets to fill, debts to settle, useless players to ditch and our best players will be off.

We need to get promoted this season.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Orange Box wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:15 pm I haven’t seen the game, but I reckon I don’t need to. Early on this year I said we needed a couple of years at this level, to rebuild, then I got excited, and now I’m gutted.

On reflection though, I think my first instinct stands - we need a roots n all rebuild. I know there’s a danger we could face another generation in the doldrums, but that’s a risk I’d be willing to take. As said on here, if we do go up, we’ll be the kicking boys next year, because our bunch of kids aren’t up for that.

Yo-yo? Not for me. As for Farke, if only we could morph his man management with Marcelo’s footballing brain, and knock some stubbornness out of the pair of them, we’d be world beaters.
Totally agree, OB. :tup:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:00 pm I’m watching too. My dad used to say “I’ll dip your head in that bucket of water twice & pull it out once”.
I remember a comment about Tyler Roberts "If he was cast adrift in a lifeboat in the middle of the ocean and fell overboard, he'd still miss the water".
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

I am nowhere near as angry as i was after the Sunderland game.

DF has done a remarkable job getting us into this position, rest PB now for 9 days, bring him back, play like today, and we'll go up.

Gnonto was subbed because he's coming back from injury and had run himself ragged, injuries occur most in the last 15 mins of games, i didn't understand the sub,but now do, DF has mentioned this in his presser, so i understand and back him. He has to manage his players.

Stick to this gameplan with PB in the last 3 and we go up, a rested Kamara will also help.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:58 pm Hopefully 🤞
No doubt Farke would dive in to save him, seen as he loves him that much.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Orange Box wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:15 pm I haven’t seen the game, but I reckon I don’t need to. Early on this year I said we needed a couple of years at this level, to rebuild, then I got excited, and now I’m gutted.

On reflection though, I think my first instinct stands - we need a roots n all rebuild. I know there’s a danger we could face another generation in the doldrums, but that’s a risk I’d be willing to take. As said on here, if we do go up, we’ll be the kicking boys next year, because our bunch of kids aren’t up for that.

Yo-yo? Not for me. As for Farke, if only we could morph his man management with Marcelo’s footballing brain, and knock some stubbornness out of the pair of them, we’d be world beaters.
Not going up could be a total disaster, we owe so much money the squad would be smashed to bits.

And no guarantee the venture capital fund would help us rebuild long term, they want a return on the investment not 2,3 years in the money pit that is the Championship.

Farke was always the short term solution, theory being he'd get us up 1st time.

No way he was appointed for more than that no matter what PR said because he's never built anything long term.

If we don't go up this season then so be it, get rid of Farke and go for someone more used to long term building and making the best of what he has.

We've gambled on the supposed sure thing.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom