Blackburn Rovers Post Match Discussion

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Blackburn Rovers Post Match Discussion

Post by Jaydog »

The Subhuman wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:55 am Absolutely, and Gray, an 18 year old rookie who looked dead on his legs, stays on. I don't think there's any defending the subs with any logic other than blind faith in Farke, and I've never had blind faith in anyone bar family.

Gnonto had made that run to the near post to almost get to James' shot/cross. He ran over to take the corner, at no point was he looking for breather.

We were in control of that but Farke didn't give us a chance to win with those subs but made it more likely we'd lose. I wonder if that point will come back at the end of the season and bite us in the arse. The only sub that needed making on 65/70 was Piroe off for Joseph

I think Farke is a top class coach but only a decent manager
Such an unprecedented situation though. 3 teams in the high 80s who now seemingly don’t know how to win. Would it have been better if we were having to win to catch up or win to take advantage. So I mean when other teams win and you have to do the same.
Seems to me each team that’s had a chance to take advantage fails. Ipswich being the latest example.
Ipswich won’t fade. As predicted.
hector

Post by hector »

Ellandback1 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:17 am I bet she was in the Far-East corner!
go over there.jpg
go over there.jpg (7.17 KiB) Viewed 412 times
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Blackburn Rovers Post match discussion

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:51 pm Have to say, I'm not confident at all.

Our player's body language says it all at the final whistle.
No big game players in the dressing room or squad. Only Gnonto and Firpo look up for it.

I said we should've brought Pablo and Berardi in just to sit in the changing rooms and offer advice.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Jaydog wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:25 am Such an unprecedented situation though. 3 teams in the high 80s who now seemingly don’t know how to win. Would it have been better if we were having to win to catch up or win to take advantage. So I mean when other teams win and you have to do the same.
Seems to me each team that’s had a chance to take advantage fails. Ipswich being the latest example.
Southampton are now in that position, with all the pressure off them. Be interesting to see what happens if/when they win their next 2.
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

Scoobychief wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:47 am I think you are deluded. If we fail to go up this year. The likes of gnonto, summerville, ampadu, rutter, gray just to name a few won't be here. And the money from the sales won't all go on rebuilding because they will need to balance the book and take into consideration ffp, but beside this where are you going to get 2 wingers that were probably championship best players coming to us not to mention we would need a striker and midfield. If we fail to go up we're looking at another decade in this league
Cheer up, stop taking it so seriously :)
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

The Subhuman wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:40 pm every team in the championship? squad not good enough so will need replacing

But we have the best squad so the best chance of giving it a go. We do have fair bit of premier quality and it's young.

The gap between the first and second tier gets wider every year and the EPL are encouraging that. IF we do go up we will, more than probably, be in a relegation battle again cursing VAR (which seems to be better team biased) and watching a lot of defeats. It's a different league to the one we were promoted to 4 seasons ago.
I feel like the bottom of the PL gets worse every year though. A lot of money is wasted on dross for big transfer fees and wages and most clubs are in dire financial positions.
WestgateRun
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by WestgateRun »

I am a bit more optimistic today. It was a bit of a freak result yesterday.
We had a lot of possession, shots and corners. If we keep that up in the next three games, we will get a few points on the board.
Worst case scenario, we can win the playoffs.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

WestgateRun wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:42 am I am a bit more optimistic today. It was a bit of a freak result yesterday.
We had a lot of possession, shots and corners. If we keep that up in the next three games, we will get a few points on the board.
Worst case scenario, we can win the playoffs.
One positive with the playoffs, is teams will be trying to win and play attacking football, which will suit us.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

People keep saying we’d struggle next season if still in the Cesspit but is that definitely the case or doom & gloom talk. Yes there’ll be teams coming down who should in theory be in a strong position but this year there are potentially 4 teams in the 80s. What does that say about the rest 💩
Ipswich won’t fade. As predicted.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Jaydog wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:44 am People keep saying we’d struggle next season if still in the Cesspit but is that definitely the case or doom & gloom talk. Yes there’ll be teams coming down who should in theory be in a strong position but this year there are potentially 4 teams in the 80s. What does that say about the rest 💩
The blunts won't be strong at all and not sure about Burnley, as their best players were loans.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

The Subhuman wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:12 am Ahh data ... I bow to the data. I wonder what the data says about running a 17/18 yr old rookie into the ground at such an early age. The god science can be bunk at times. Sometimes too much information is a bad thing
Come off it you should know better than that
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Jaydog wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:44 am People keep saying we’d struggle next season if still in the Cesspit but is that definitely the case or doom & gloom talk. Yes there’ll be teams coming down who should in theory be in a strong position but this year there are potentially 4 teams in the 80s. What does that say about the rest 💩
Blunts and Burnley are absolutely rank and it looks like Luton or Forest -for the drop too- I believe Forest will have to have a fire sale to satisfy FFP if it is them.

I cant see any of them being any more of a threat than what we have had to compete with this time.

Of course we could have a squad featuring the likes of these:

Mes
Firpo
Cooper
Cresswell
Byram
Kristensen
Monteri

Kamara
Gruev
Bate
Gyabi
Grew
Ampa du du

James
Aaronson
Piroe
Rutter ( we cant afford to sell him imo, not after what we paid)
Jospeh
Geldhart
Gray the younger

Summerville, Gnonto and Gray should fetch us £100M to ease the pain of missing out.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

WhiteRose wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:37 am Agreed, despite years spent in the lower leagues I do think as a fanbase we like to believe we support a club that belongs in the top tier. When in reality that ship sailed over 15 years ago when billionaires arrived in the premier league and we weren’t there. Like it or not we are a second tier club and any stroke of luck that gets us to the prem will inevitably be short lived.
Agree entirely.....a great fan base doesn't make a top tier team. Currently going through a really bad phase but it's ridiculous that some are asking for Farkes head after what we've achieved so far......maybe our so called stars aren't actually as good as we build them up to be as if they were other average teams wouldn't be dealing with them as easily as they are doing !!
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

SG90 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:41 am I feel like the bottom of the PL gets worse every year though. A lot of money is wasted on dross for big transfer fees and wages and most clubs are in dire financial positions.
Add probably Ipscum to that equation now......I hope Derby's record as the worst ever side to (dis )grace the PL is beaten next season , hopefully single figure points for the inbreds .
Many may have guessed by now that I don't like them .
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

The issue yesterday was Geo and Jimmy were absolutely dire, and Blackburn put two/three players on them whenever they got the ball. Obviously Farke has no idea if they're not winning us the game, so subbed Gnonto when those two should've been off. Gnonto can win the game on his own as much as those two, but I feel Farke is afraid to sub Jimmy. Also, is it just me, or has his form fallen off a cliff since he's been linked with summer moves? I get the feeling he doesn't care anymore, as he knows he'll be off. But Farke won't have the balls to drop him.

Also Gnonto was the only player willing to shoot yesterday and had our best chances. Everyone else is afraid to shoot and runs into a crammed area.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Scoobychief wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:47 am I think you are deluded. If we fail to go up this year. The likes of gnonto, summerville, ampadu, rutter, gray just to name a few won't be here. And the money from the sales won't all go on rebuilding because they will need to balance the book and take into consideration ffp, but beside this where are you going to get 2 wingers that were probably championship best players coming to us not to mention we would need a striker and midfield. If we fail to go up we're looking at another decade in this league
We can't afford to sell Rutter, unless it was like £30m+, and who will pay that? I wouldn't be surprised to see him go out on loan to get his wages off the bill.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:55 am Absolutely, and Gray, an 18 year old rookie who looked dead on his legs, stays on. I don't think there's any defending the subs with any logic other than blind faith in Farke, and I've never had blind faith in anyone bar family.

Gnonto had made that run to the near post to almost get to James' shot/cross. He ran over to take the corner, at no point was he looking for breather.

We were in control of that but Farke didn't give us a chance to win with those subs but made it more likely we'd lose. I wonder if that point will come back at the end of the season and bite us in the arse. The only sub that needed making on 65/70 was Piroe off for Joseph

I think Farke is a top class coach but only a decent manager
We lost that game because our best forward & midfielder Gnonto & Gruev were subbed.

Surely, if you are bringing on more forwards, you don't take off your best defensive midfielder & leave a rookie in Gray on to play that role, one of the culprits caught out for their goal.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:23 am We can't afford to sell Rutter, unless it was like £30m+, and who will pay that? I wouldn't be surprised to see him go out on loan to get his wages off the bill.
The only players we are in danger of losing are Summerville & Gnonto, and maybe Rodon if we are unable to entice him back to Leeds on loan, or we are outbid for his services.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

Irish Ian wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:00 am Of course you dont have the data flowing to you from the sidelines to tell you how is body is coping and how far they have run, how many sprints they have made and what the forecast affect this will have on his body. Farke will have been warned by the medical team as to his limits and how much he could be used. It has nothing to do with how much energy he still had left and more to do with how far his body was being pushed when he was just coming back from an injury.

Im just glad we have over a week to allow them all to get a bit closer to where they need to be fitness wise.
Leeds use a GPS athlete monitoring vest called the Sonra 3.0, and have been doing so since 2020, and now most of the top 6 in the Prem use it. It helps Farke gather objective data on player positioning, movement patterns, and team formations

Our head of Sport Science (Tom Robinson) has been with the club for 13 years, so he must be doing something right!
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:41 am The only players we are in danger of losing are Summerville & Gnonto, and maybe Rodon if we are unable to entice him back to Leeds on loan, or we are outbid for his services.
We would have to buy Rodon. Spurs will not loan him in the last year of his contract unless no one wants to buy him. I cannot see that happening. Regardless these are issues to chew the fat over once this season is decided and we are aware of our status. I still believe as it currently stands we have more of a likelihood of promotion than remaining in the EFL.

Good teams do not become bad teams overnight. Still plenty of twists and turns, but it is looking increasingly like it will all go down to the final game, perhaps for the top 4.
Last edited by DDB220 on Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.