Golf Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Golf Thread - The Masters

Post by Chilli D »

malcolmw wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:14 pm I like Charley too. Powerful player. I think she beats herself up a bit sometimes when she's having a bad round. A bit like Lexi Thompson - both play under their potential a bit to me because of the mental side.
I also like Georgia Hall - seems like a really nice person.
I really like Georgia Hall too, a very genuine person.
Her career has really stalled of late though. She had a really poor 2023 and hasn't started particularly well this year either.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

Jaydog wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:34 pm Seve at Wentworth with the crowd literally on his shoulder behind him. Someone makes a noise. “Stay still if you don’t mind please. I know you’re nervous, I am too” 😂

It would be unthinkable for Rory to turn. It would ruin him. The biggest critic of LIV.
The money cracks me up. Scheffler has earnt 15 million $ this year. What are Rahms career earnings. Ridiculous greed.
I hadn't heard that Seve quote. I can just see him saying that. Hilarious.
The man was a genius, and I don't think gets enough credit for shaping world golf. He was an inspiration for many young pro's.
There just aren't many of those personalities in golf today. They just seem to be churned out of the colleges like overly muscular automatons, all dressed the same.

I suppose football is similar - not many Billy B's or Johnny Giles' around these days.

God I'm getting old and crotchety. :roll:
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

malcolmw wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:19 pm I hadn't heard that Seve quote. I can just see him saying that. Hilarious.
The man was a genius, and I don't think gets enough credit for shaping world golf. He was an inspiration for many young pro's.
There just aren't many of those personalities in golf today. They just seem to be churned out of the colleges like overly muscular automatons, all dressed the same.

I suppose football is similar - not many Billy B's or Johnny Giles' around these days.

https://www.facebook.com/DPWorldTour/vi ... 7S9Ucbxw6v
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

malcolmw wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:19 pm I hadn't heard that Seve quote. I can just see him saying that. Hilarious.

You’re definitely right there Malcolm.
Seve is the one all current European Tour pros have to thank for the tour being what it is now.
It is a bit like that I’d agree. Not the same personalities and money is god much more than it was then.
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

malcolmw wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:21 pm:) :clap:
Charismatic wasn’t he. I wish he was still around to kick some arse. Specifically Rahms.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Amazing this Heritage PGA tournament. Great leaderboard.
Of course Aberg & Scheffler have risen to the top.
What a duel these 2 are going to have going forward
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:22 pm Amazing this Heritage PGA tournament. Great leaderboard.
Of course Aberg & Scheffler have risen to the top.
What a duel these 2 are going to have going forward
Incredible mental strength from Scheffler to be leading a week after winning the Masters. Usually when someone wins a major they take the next week off. Bad news for the rest of the players that he's so relentless.
I still find him boring though.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

It's a job and he hates losing. Quality player .
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Chilli D wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:53 am Incredible mental strength from Scheffler to be leading a week after winning the Masters. Usually when someone wins a major they take the next week off. Bad news for the rest of the players that he's so relentless.
I still find him boring though.
Hopefully Straka or Aberg will do him.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Golf Thread

Post by DDB220 »

Scottie has a 4 shot lead with a couple of holes left. Both Straka and Aberg have fallen away.

Rory finishes with a whimper and is 13 strokes behind.

SS is at a different level right now, he is in machine mode
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

DDB220 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:23 pm Scottie has a 4 shot lead with a couple of holes left. Both Straka and Aberg have fallen away.

Rory finishes with a whimper and is 13 strokes behind.

SS is at a different level right now, he is in machine mode
Yeah they all wimped out. Like they used to with Tiger.
So that’s 4 wins in 5. And Korda won her fifth in a row. Third woman to do so. Power couple.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Rory to fixated now about winning that next major. A quality player but the heads gone me thinks.

Scottie is finding it incredibly easy at the moment his mental toughness would show our footy team a thing or two.