QPR v Leeds Utd Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Re: QPR v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Scoobychief »

Must NOT loose game
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Chilli D wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:37 am So crap they beat Leicester at Leicester
Of course any team in this league can beat any other team, Chilli, but the league doesn't lie, we are streets ahead of them. That's not me saying we will definitely win, but if we play to our strengths, then I don't see any other outcome.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Df response when asked about replacing Bamford with Joseph apparently per the YEP

“I trust all my players, whoever is on the pitch will have full trust and backing. Obviously a big miss if Patrick actually misses this game, we have to adapt to the fixture list and situation.

“He’s important for us his goals and natural instinct where to be, his goal at ’Boro was a typical striker goal. Not an easy goal, to have the body balance, you need to have this natural striker instinct, this is what Patrick has, he’s crucial in our pressing and workload, linking play, holding the ball and his experience.

“He was in similar situations, played together, the offence was Gnonto 20, Rutter 22, Summerville 22 – Bamford is important as he calms the lads down but can also fire them up, you need experience in this role.

“We adapt to the reality, perhaps not available to start the game and then we find some other solutions and give all the backing and trust to the other players.“
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Scoobychief wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:18 pm Must NOT loose game
Absolutely - but arguably a must win in the context of what such a result will mean for Ipswich. A two point gap with them having 2 games in hand, whilst not completely disastrous is very unlikely to be enough and arguably reduces the pressure a four point gap would create.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

lufc1304 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:18 pm Of course any team in this league can beat any other team, Chilli, but the league doesn't lie, we are streets ahead of them. That's not me saying we will definitely win, but if we play to our strengths, then I don't see any other outcome.
League doesn't lie of course but pressure does funny things doesn't it? And we haven't really coped with it well.

Hopefully Friday is different.

But can't take QPR lightly, the new manager there has performed a bit of a miracle (probably top 5 manager performances in the league this season in context).

Think they were on 7,8 points after 15 or so games when he took over and bottom 3.

Now 50 points and basically safe.

Won't be easy but as you say if we play as we can we win.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Cjay wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:19 pm Df response when asked about replacing Bamford with Joseph apparently per the YEP

“I trust all my players, whoever is on the pitch will have full trust and backing. Obviously a big miss if Patrick actually misses this game, we have to adapt to the fixture list and situation.

“He’s important for us his goals and natural instinct where to be, his goal at ’Boro was a typical striker goal. Not an easy goal, to have the body balance, you need to have this natural striker instinct, this is what Patrick has, he’s crucial in our pressing and workload, linking play, holding the ball and his experience.

“He was in similar situations, played together, the offence was Gnonto 20, Rutter 22, Summerville 22 – Bamford is important as he calms the lads down but can also fire them up, you need experience in this role.

“We adapt to the reality, perhaps not available to start the game and then we find some other solutions and give all the backing and trust to the other players.“
Not really a surprise, his preference for experience in the 9 role considering the age of the supporting cast has been obvious for months.
Whether it proves to be the right decision will ultimately be reflected by results.
The Joseph should start argument is for me speculation based upon a good performance against Chelsea,which should be viewed in the right context and a few late cameo performances in the league. It is easy to suggest that Joseph should start, I am not adverse to the suggestion, but we have the luxury of zero liability if it does not work.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

If Bamford misses the game, it will be Piroe that starts. DF has his pecking order. It should give Joseph some minutes later in the game though.
Pretty sure Bamford will play though, it's just DF throwing a curve ball at QPR.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

DDB220 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:36 pm Not really a surprise, his preference for experience in the 9 role considering the age of the supporting cast has been obvious for months.
Whether it proves to be the right decision will ultimately be reflected by results.
The Joseph should start argument is for me speculation based upon a good performance against Chelsea,which should be viewed in the right context and a few late cameo performances in the league. It is easy to suggest that Joseph should start, I am not adverse to the suggestion, but we have the luxury of zero liability if it does not work.
If PB has a knock that he could aggravate, I'd hope he'll start Joseph ahead of Piroe for the lone role with PB on the bench if needed, if not needed he can then rest for 9 days and get treatment.

I do feel Gnonto has a big part to play in this game.

Worried to fck.........again.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

I was there last match of season when we won the league in 74, we'll win again tomorrow.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

DDB220 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:36 pm Not really a surprise, his preference for experience in the 9 role considering the age of the supporting cast has been obvious for months.
Well put. In the same match Gray looked like a £100m+ footballer easily outshining Chelsea's expensive players. I think it was just that sort of match where it was almost played at a lower intensity, certainly less physical, and players trying to do their tricks etc.
Ben Scooby lufc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Ben Scooby lufc »

Basically....3points from this game means that we will more than likely cement 2nd spot. There would be so much pressure for Ipswich to need the full six points! Our goal difference is an awsome lifeline to have so late on. Southhampton will be a huge final game for us! we can do this!!! M.O.T :clap: :clap: :clap:
;-) Yeboah against Liverpool :!: :!: Crossbar and in. :love: :love:
WestgateRun
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by WestgateRun »

Meslier needs to put in a solid performance. Collect the crosses, put the defence at ease, no flapping about.
A couple of clean sheets in the remaining games would be nice.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Cjay wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:30 pm League doesn't lie of course but pressure does funny things doesn't it? And we haven't really coped with it well.

Hopefully Friday is different.

But can't take QPR lightly, the new manager there has performed a bit of a miracle (probably top 5 manager performances in the league this season in context).

Think they were on 7,8 points after 15 or so games when he took over and bottom 3.

Now 50 points and basically safe.

Won't be easy but as you say if we play as we can we win.
They looked like a team in freefall so yes, the new manager deserves a lot of credit, and I don't think it will be an easy game, too much riding on it for that. But we are the better side and I expect us, on the basis that the team we know we can be turns up, to be too strong for them. Fair point re pressure, but I think the Boro result shows that we can cope. On the front foot from the off, don't offer them encouragement by being loose and sloppy and the result will come. Keep the faith!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Chilli D wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:03 pm If Bamford misses the game, it will be Piroe that starts. DF has his pecking order. It should give Joseph some minutes later in the game though.
Pretty sure Bamford will play though, it's just DF throwing a curve ball at QPR.
That of course pushes Geo to striker where he's not played well this season, Piroe the 10...
Last edited by The Subhuman on Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:35 pm Well put. In the same match Gray looked like a £100m+ footballer easily outshining Chelsea's expensive players. I think it was just that sort of match where it was almost played at a lower intensity, certainly less physical, and players trying to do their tricks etc.
Couldn't disagree more
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

The Subhuman wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:46 pm Couldn't disagree more
Then you couldn't be more wrong!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Something we have with Bamford, 9 goals & an assist in 17 games in 2024. The only championship game we've lost in that period was when Paddy didn't start vs Blackburn.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:31 pm Something we have with Bamford, 9 goals & in assist in 17 games in 2024. The only championship game we lost in that period was when Paddy didn't start vs Blackburn.
Did he not play v Coventry?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:37 pm Did he not play v Coventry?
My mistake, he played 66 minutes vs Coventry.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:03 pm If Bamford misses the game, it will be Piroe that starts. DF has his pecking order. It should give Joseph some minutes later in the game though.
I think he is, too. :tup: