Today's Games

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Re: Today's Games

Post by WhiteRose »

Well at least whatever happens there’s a bit of interest on the last day. Should the unthinkable happen and Coventry win then it really will be a tense day and the way Leeds and Southampton are playing it could go either way.
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

Madron wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:02 pm Coventry need to tighten up their defence a a little before Tuesday,
Blackburn had 30 shots (8 on target) and 10 corners today.
Not sure Ipswich will be quite so wasteful
Coventry played most of the second half with ten men…
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Post by Sean_Nile »

Barlow Boy wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:20 pm You plonker 😂
Nice one Cyril nice one son
Nice one Cyril let's have another one.
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Post by Sean_Nile »

The way things are going the most likely scenario both Leeds and Ipswich loose their remaining games and we go up on goal difference.

Wouldn't that be fun.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Sean_Nile wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:09 am Nice one Cyril nice one son
Nice one Cyril let's have another one.
😂😂😂
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Just think it might be better for Ipswich to draw so it's out of our hands. I just think we will bottle it if we're second going into the game, and the pressure will be less. Remember when we stayed up, we started the day in the drop zone and I think that gave Burnley added pressure.
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

The reason i love this forum sooooo much is the number of positive fans that we have on it :lol:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

GreennWhite wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:39 am The reason i love this forum sooooo much is the number of positive fans that we have on it :lol:
This is a team who drew at home to Sunderland when Leicester lost. This is a team who lost at home to Blackburn when Leicester lost. This is a team who lost 4-0 when we had a chance to build a gap. Sorry for not being over confident!
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Post by Sean_Nile »

GreennWhite wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:39 am The reason i love this forum sooooo much is the number of positive fans that we have on it :lol:
I find it both refreshing an uplifting to meet with such positivity. I find that my mood is so influenced by the things people write and say, so when I need a boost, when my energy levels are down, I can always depend on words of unfailing encouragement from fellow MOT members.
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

SG90 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:52 am This is a team who drew at home to Sunderland when Leicester lost. This is a team who lost at home to Blackburn when Leicester lost. This is a team who lost 4-0 when we had a chance to build a gap. Sorry for not being over confident!
Some people cant accept reallity, we were never going to win all our games. You have to accpet defeats during the season, its part and parcel of football.
Of course we all loose confidence at times but some folks simply go overboard in their criticism of whats happened.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Bandits set off well.

Two goals up :)
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Spurs 3-0 down now and that's how you work a corner folks.

Daniel take notice mate
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Think Brighton could be really good odds for relegation next season. Plenty of sides have overachieved and then been relegated not long after. I think their recruitment this season was really poor as well and you can't keep getting lucky with it while selling your best players.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

SG90 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:00 pm Think Brighton could be really good odds for relegation next season. Plenty of sides have overachieved and then been relegated not long after. I think their recruitment this season was really poor as well and you can't keep getting lucky with it while selling your best players.
This is worth a read on why Brighton & De Zerbi are failing.

https://www.sportinglife.com/football/n ... wer/217455
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Jaydog wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:14 pm This is worth a read on why Brighton & De Zerbi are failing.

https://www.sportinglife.com/football/n ... wer/217455
Good article. It just goes to show, you're better off being a West Ham, and overachieving with average players playing crap football, as no one will come in for them. The problem is, everyone wants to play like Man City now, whereas the likes of Stoke and Bolton spent years in the PL through strong defensive football.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

White Riot wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:41 pm Spurs 3-0 down now and that's how you work a corner folks.

Daniel take notice mate
Now 2-3.

Game on.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

White Riot wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:41 pm Spurs 3-0 down now and that's how you work a corner folks.

Daniel take notice mate
I noticed a player who can take a corner etc etc the other night. Forget his name. I’ll sit down and have a think about it.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Jaydog wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:51 pm I noticed a player who can take a corner etc etc the other night. Forget his name. I’ll sit down and have a think about it.
Even the basics of the dark arts Jay would be nice.

Arsenal mainly scored from the corner because Declan Rice blocked the goalie off, as he's done a number of times this season.

On top of that the delivery and finish were excellent.
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

It's not too long ago we had people on here getting overly excited about how good a club and team Brighton were/are. And rightly so of course as they were playing very well but it just goes to show nothing in football is forever and now they are struggling to win games. 6 wins in 28 games apparently.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

White Riot wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:04 pm Even the basics of the dark arts Jay would be nice.

Arsenal mainly scored from the corner because Declan Rice blocked the goalie off, as he's done a number of times this season.

On top of that the delivery and finish were excellent.
I do like that Chair though. Would be a very decent signing if we’re still in the cesspit next season.