Leeds Utd v Norwich City Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Locked
Leeds United v Norwich City
Leeds United
Leeds United
4–0
Championship Play Off Semi Final 2nd Leg
16/05/2024
Elland Road
Norwich City
Norwich City
All-time record vs Norwich City
68
Played
29
Won
19
Drawn
20
Lost
+13
GD
43%
Win %
Home record at Elland Road
35
Played
19
Won
9
Drawn
7
Lost
+18
GD
54%
Win %
DateGroundScoreCompetition
12/05/2024 Carrow Road 0–0 D Championship Play Off Semi Final 1st Leg ↗
24/01/2024 Elland Road 1–0 W Championship ↗
21/10/2023 Carrow Road 2–3 W Championship ↗
13/03/2022 Elland Road 2–1 W Premier League ↗
31/10/2021 Carrow Road 1–2 W Premier League ↗
All-time top scorers vs Norwich City
#PlayerGoals
1 Allan Clarke 5
2 Peter Lorimer 4
3 Joe Jordan 4
4 Rod Wallace 4
5 John Hawley 3
Starting XI
Goa Meslier
Mid Gray
Def Firpo
Def Rodon
Mid Ampadu ©
Mid Gruev
Mid Kamara
Mid Gnonto
For Rutter
For Piroe
Substitutes
SUB James
SUB Roberts
SUB Joseph
SUB Anthony
SUB Cooper
Unused Substitutes
-- Cresswell
-- Shackleton
-- Darlow
-- Gelhardt
User avatar
whiteinfrance
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3553
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:38 am
Location: Now Scarborough UK

Re: Norwich 2nd leg pre match chat

Post by whiteinfrance »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Tue May 14, 2024 5:51 pm The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.
And also great white sharks. Those mother f**kers are well scary.
And wild canaries !
YES!! I'm living in SCARBADOS!! Underneath the palm trees!
Nord VPN
Stream games in safety! Get NordVPN with up to 75% off + 3 months free
Get NordVPN →
Tom the Cat
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 750
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:33 am

Re: Norwich 2nd leg pre match chat

Post by Tom the Cat »

DDB220 wrote: ↑Mon May 13, 2024 9:13 pm Makes me laugh that someone is worried about Mes if we go to pens - the worry is who is going to score - conversion is more critical. Anyone have faith in Geo to convert his if he takes one. After Piroe, Summerville and Gnonto it would be a real lottery.
At least Bamford wont be taking one !!
Tom the Cat
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 750
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:33 am

Re: Norwich 2nd leg pre match chat

Post by Tom the Cat »

Irish Ian wrote: ↑Tue May 14, 2024 4:37 pm I'm nervous too.
I hope the lads have been practicing.

Can you imagine anxiety in the ground if Bamford needs to step up to hit the winner..
Fortunately Bamford will not be there
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20748
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Leeds Utd v Norwich City Match Thread

Post by whiteswan »

I would love Paddy to get the winning penalty.
User avatar
Orange Box
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7501
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas

Re: Norwich 2nd leg pre match chat

Post by Orange Box »

lufc1304 wrote: ↑Tue May 14, 2024 9:49 am Thinking I might move the telly into the bathroom and maybe see if I can borrow a portable de-fib machine!!
I’m no electrician, but I’m thinking that if you put a telly in the bathroom you won’t be needing a portable defibrillator.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21207
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: Norwich 2nd leg pre match chat

Post by Jaydog »

whiteinfrance wrote: ↑Wed May 15, 2024 8:31 am And wild canaries !
IMG_9163.jpeg
IMG_9163.jpeg (274.44 KiB) Viewed 5035 times
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Sean_Nile
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6014
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:25 pm

Re: Norwich 2nd leg pre match chat

Post by Sean_Nile »

whiteinfrance wrote: ↑Wed May 15, 2024 8:31 am And wild canaries !
George W Bush's solution to stop the bird flu was to bomb the canary islands
Never confuse intellect with imagination.
Never let good taste stand in the way of style

~ big nosed Pseudo intellectual, sarky super hero, weirdly obsessed idiot stalker, boring smarmy w*nker, worst pollster, far right dimwit, and resident perspicacious comedian...OR IS HE
User avatar
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 14813
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
Location: Lisburn, N.I

Re: Norwich 2nd leg pre match chat

Post by lufc1304 »

Orange Box wrote: ↑Wed May 15, 2024 10:15 am I’m no electrician, but I’m thinking that if you put a telly in the bathroom you won’t be needing a portable defibrillator.
I haven't really thought that through, OB!! :lol:
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
User avatar
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 9736
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:45 am
Location: Where God finally got it right.

Re: Norwich 2nd leg pre match chat

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Orange Box wrote: ↑Wed May 15, 2024 10:15 am I’m no electrician, but I’m thinking that if you put a telly in the bathroom you won’t be needing a portable defibrillator.
🤣🤣🤣🤣
“ If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don’t even start “ Charles Bukowski.
User avatar
Morpheus
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 285
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:50 pm

Re: Leeds Utd v Norwich City Match Thread

Post by Morpheus »

Will Farker push the boat out and start Jospeh I wonder? or will be play one of our most important games in recent history without a striker again lol?
DDB220
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7069
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:17 am

Re: Norwich 2nd leg pre match chat

Post by DDB220 »

Irish Ian wrote: ↑Tue May 14, 2024 8:58 pm Perservere is fine but would you have Shilton face a penalty shootout with his record? if you had the option to sub him for someone else?
Ofc not and if we had a better option at the club for penalties - I would have no problem subbing out Mes. But if anyone suggests KK what are they basing that suggestion upon - cannot be any worse ? That is just a WAG
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 11779
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:32 pm

Re: Leeds Utd v Norwich City Match Thread

Post by Barlow Boy »

Jarred Gillett to take charge tomorrow night….

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-n ... -announced
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
User avatar
AcrossThePondAsh
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4931
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:03 am
Location: Blue Ridge Mtns, NC, USA

Re: Leeds Utd v Norwich City Match Thread

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »


Source: https://twitter.com/LUFC/status/1790725911194562915
User avatar
Irish Ian
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 17184
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:53 pm
Location: Directly above the centre of the Earth.

Re: Leeds Utd v Norwich City Match Thread

Post by Irish Ian »

Fun fact about the most recent playoffs and home games.

I havent saw any of the playoff games v Derby or last week apart from a brief clip from last Sunday

The two Derby games I had prior engagements which meant I tried to keep up via BBC sports and last week I was not available.
In fact I have never actually watched any of the second half action from that game it is too painful

Also I missed the two home loses at the end of the season, but was around for the home wins

Note the parallels.

I am fit and available tomorrow night

2-0 to leeds at a canter
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
User avatar
AcrossThePondAsh
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4931
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:03 am
Location: Blue Ridge Mtns, NC, USA

Re: Leeds Utd v Norwich City Match Thread

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

Irish Ian wrote: ↑Wed May 15, 2024 4:30 pm Fun fact about the most recent playoffs and home games.

I havent saw any of the playoff games v Derby or last week apart from a brief clip from last Sunday

The two Derby games I had prior engagements which meant I tried to keep up via BBC sports and last week I was not available.
In fact I have never actually watched any of the second half action from that game it is too painful

Also I missed the two home loses at the end of the season, but was around for the home wins

Note the parallels.

I am fit and available tomorrow night

2-0 to leeds at a canter
That's quite the onus you're taking on there, Ian. Love it!
User avatar
AcrossThePondAsh
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4931
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:03 am
Location: Blue Ridge Mtns, NC, USA

Re: Leeds Utd v Norwich City Match Thread

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

Everyone in attendance, for both teams, please stay safe...


Source: https://twitter.com/LUFC/status/1790789239262601417
User avatar
Sean_Nile
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6014
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:25 pm

Re: Leeds Utd v Norwich City Match Thread

Post by Sean_Nile »

My team selection. Given that 433 worked at Norwich I would go with that again but i would have the Welsh combo of Roberts/James on the right. Evrry one has been clamouring for Joseph so I would give him a go up front, and hope he can become a raging bull.
IMG_20240516_124058.jpg
Never confuse intellect with imagination.
Never let good taste stand in the way of style

~ big nosed Pseudo intellectual, sarky super hero, weirdly obsessed idiot stalker, boring smarmy w*nker, worst pollster, far right dimwit, and resident perspicacious comedian...OR IS HE
User avatar
Sean_Nile
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6014
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:25 pm

Re: Leeds Utd v Norwich City Match Thread

Post by Sean_Nile »

In the Norwich forum people have been discussing how to beat Leeds. They have some innovative tactics. It might work.
IMG_20240516_143249.jpg
Never confuse intellect with imagination.
Never let good taste stand in the way of style

~ big nosed Pseudo intellectual, sarky super hero, weirdly obsessed idiot stalker, boring smarmy w*nker, worst pollster, far right dimwit, and resident perspicacious comedian...OR IS HE
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41707
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Leeds Utd v Norwich City Match Thread

Post by Cjay »

It's matchday
200w-8.gif
200w-8.gif (545.2 KiB) Viewed 4563 times
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3687
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:18 pm

Re: Leeds Utd v Norwich City Match Thread

Post by Scoobychief »

The pressure tonight will be immense. Can the players handle it? That is the question
Nord VPN
Stream games in safety! Get NordVPN with up to 75% off + 3 months free
Get NordVPN →
Locked