The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 21st May) Touts charging Leeds fans double for final tickets

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Breakfast Debate The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 21st May) Touts charging Leeds fans double for final tickets

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Tuesday 21st May ad here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Touts charging Leeds fans double for final tickets

Ticket touts are set to make a fortune, feeding off the misery of desperate Leeds and Southampton fans, willing to do almost anything to get their hands on tickets for the play-off final this Sunday. Ticket prices start from £400 per person but only if you're a Saints fan! According to 'Seatpick.com', who advertise seats from most of the major ticketing outlets, the cheapest Leeds seats start at £783, all the way up to £2700, or £10,800 for a family of four! Tickets for the neutral are more in line with what Southampton fans are paying.

What you you think of the supposed fans from both clubs who obviously couldn't sell their tickets fast enough, in order to make a fast buck?

German International full back on Farke's radar

German International Marius Wolf is firmly on Daniel Farke's radar, and could become a Leeds Utd player this Summer, but only if they can beat Southampton on Sunday! He currently applies his trade with Bundesliga Champions Borussia Dortmund whom he joined back in 2018 from Hannover 96 for a fee of €5 million. Edin Terzić predominantly has used Wolf as an attacking right sided wing-back, but he can also operate anywhere in midfield.

Although slipping down the pecking order this season, Wolf has 1449 minutes of game time under his belt. He is set to become a free agent this Summer, which has attracted attention from around Europe, and Saudi Arabia, though some reports this morning indicate Leeds have already held talks with the 28yo.

Corberan warns Whites of dangers Saints pose

Former Leeds, now West Brom (Head) Coach Carlos Corberan has alerted his former club to the dangers Southampton pose, ahead of the Wembley showdown on Sunday! His side were soundly beaten during the second leg of the play off Semi-final at St Mary's last week, but firmly believes he has identified where it went all wrong. Speaking to Leeds Live, the 41yo Spaniard pointed out how deadly Southampton were when they turned the ball over in the middle of the pitch.

Southampton outscored Leeds during the 23/24 Championship campaign 87 -81, proving deadly going forward, and capitalising on opponents mistakes, yet Leeds have conceded 20 less goals than their South coast rivals (43 -63), only Leicester City (41) have conceded less. Corberan explained...

We tried to play the game in the attacking half and we managed to break through a couple of times, but, in general, we couldn’t break their press and they were using our mistakes to create opportunities and goals. For the first goal, we have given the ball away in the middle of the pitch when we had broken the press on one side and had the chance to attack down the other side. We lost the ball and they used the transition well to score the first goal. "That first goal made the game more complicated, but the feeling didn’t change. We couldn’t progress with the ball.

Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 21st May) Touts charging Leeds fans double for final tickets

Post by Chilli D »

I would love to be at Wembley on Sunday but had no chance of obtaining a ticket legitimately and I'm not paying over inflated prices so Sky TV coverage with a couple of cold ones it is for me.

Southampton are a good attacking side and Adam Armstrong is undoubtedly their main threat. I dare say, if we had someone as clinical as him as a number 9 we would already be up.
They're suspect defensively though and we have more than enough to beat them despite the regular season results.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 21st May) Touts charging Leeds fans double for final tickets

Post by CUSSIE01 »

No disrespect to West Brom or Norwich fans but I wonder how much the tickets would have cost if they had both reached the final. All down to supply and demand like everything else in life, hotels, flights, holidays etc. I’ve been on most of these ticket sites and a big proportion of the tickets on sale are Club Wembley tickets likely being bought up in bulk by these companies and sold at extortionate prices. Frustrating for the fans unless you’re rich and there will be a lot of people at the game who’ve never attended a game at Elland Rd.
I’m more annoyed at the corporate tickets that are handed out as freebies by companies which are never used leading to lots of empty seats on Sunday.
Keeping The Faith
Clitheroe White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clitheroe White »

There must be 16000 "neutral" tickets out there somewhere. I hope they are not going to waste.

I'd happily pay face value, but don't want to encourage touts in anyway.

If I had a ticket I wouldn't sell it, I would be going for sure. And if I couldn't take advantage of it I'd sell it to a fellow fan at face value. Maybe that's just me.
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Post by Sean_Nile »

Who controls the midfield wins the final and I had a look at the threats Posed by Will Smallbone and Flynn Downes

Will Smallbone:

Technical Ability: Smallbone is technically proficient with good vision and passing range, capable of dictating the tempo of the game.

Versatility: He can operate both as a central midfielder and in more advanced positions, adding flexibility to Southampton's midfield dynamics.

Link-Up Play: Smallbone excels in linking up play between the defense and the attack, often acting as a conduit through which offensive moves are initiated.

Hate to say it but he has to be man marked to disrupt his flow... Kamara should be on him like a limpet. Closer than a Brazilian shave.

Flynn Downes: (on loan from west ham)

Defensive Solidity: Downes is strong defensively, providing a robust shield in front of the backline. His tackling and interception skills are key to breaking up opposition play.

Ball Retention: He is effective at maintaining possession and recycling the ball, ensuring that Southampton can control the tempo and maintain pressure.

Physical Presence: Downes adds a physical edge to the midfield, often winning duels and setting the tone with his combative style.

When in defence he needs to feel the full force of the kindergarten swarm, with Archie, Willy and Geoginio applying relentless pressure. Winning the ball high up the pitch could be key to success.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

CUSSIE01 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:35 am No disrespect to West Brom or Norwich fans but I wonder how much the tickets would have cost if they had both reached the final. All down to supply and demand like everything else in life, hotels, flights, holidays etc. I’ve been on most of these ticket sites and a big proportion of the tickets on sale are Club Wembley tickets likely being bought up in bulk by these companies and sold at extortionate prices. Frustrating for the fans unless you’re rich and there will be a lot of people at the game who’ve never attended a game at Elland Rd.
I’m more annoyed at the corporate tickets that are handed out as freebies by companies which are never used leading to lots of empty seats on Sunday.
I know it’s a different level, but I recently watched the documentary on the “invasion “ of Wembley at the 2021 euros final with Italy. One guy was giving his piece to camera about how frightened he was, some rugby player I think, and he said his daughter was petrified, because it was her very first football game. How can that be fair to the likes a seasoned long standing supporters? It makes me angry.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Post by Sean_Nile »

How to Neutralize Southampton’s Tactics

Bypassing the Press:
Use quick, direct passes to bypass Southampton’s high press. This could involve longer balls to exploit space behind their pressing midfielders. This has not been the way Farke has been playing, it is usually slow tippy tappy from the back. This has to change.

Width Utilization:
Stretch Southampton’s defense by playing through the flanks. This would force their midfield to spread out, reducing their compactness. Not just down the left as we have seen so often, but using the pace of James or Gnonto down the right.

Midfield Overload:
Overload the midfield with additional players to counter Southampton’s pressing and ball retention, creating numerical superiority. Dare I say it a midfield of Kamara, Gurev and Gray. There should be no way through our midfield which has been open and exposed both times we have been beaten by the Saints.

Physical and Tactical Discipline:
Maintain tactical discipline to avoid getting caught out of position during transitions. Physical resilience is also key to winning duels and second balls. Firpo are you listening, no jogging back thinking the ball is going out. Concentration no switching off.

Effective Set-Piece Defense:
Pay special attention to defending set-pieces. Organize the defensive line and mark key threats meticulously... and pray to God that spider boy commands the goal area, and can catch the ball rather than punch it.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

Orange Box wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:36 am I know it’s a different level, but I recently watched the documentary on the “invasion “ of Wembley at the 2021 euros final with Italy. One guy was giving his piece to camera about how frightened he was, some rugby player I think, and he said his daughter was petrified, because it was her very first football game. How can that be fair to the likes a seasoned long standing supporters? It makes me angry.
I watched that too. Absolute parasites. They tried to justify smashing their way into the Stadium for the love of their Country.

Why aren't they in jail?
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Orange Box wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:36 am I know it’s a different level, but I recently watched the documentary on the “invasion “ of Wembley at the 2021 euros final with Italy. One guy was giving his piece to camera about how frightened he was, some rugby player I think, and he said his daughter was petrified, because it was her very first football game. How can that be fair to the likes a seasoned long standing supporters? It makes me angry.
Leeds seem to have been pretty fair to the fans to be honest giving season ticket holders and those who attended 9 games or more 1st dibs as they deserve. I’ve managed to get over 4 times this season and it cost me a fortune but should I be entitled to a ticket in front of someone who has attended 8 games ? I’m happy to take my chance in the members ballot and if I’m not lucky I’ll watch it in a fanzone or pub near Wembley & catch a bit of the buzz.
Keeping The Faith
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Sean_Nile wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:33 am Who controls the midfield wins the final and I had a look at the threats Posed by Will Smallbone and Flynn Downes

Will Smallbone:

Technical Ability: Smallbone is technically proficient with good vision and passing range, capable of dictating the tempo of the game.

Versatility: He can operate both as a central midfielder and in more advanced positions, adding flexibility to Southampton's midfield dynamics.

Link-Up Play: Smallbone excels in linking up play between the defense and the attack, often acting as a conduit through which offensive moves are initiated.

Hate to say it but he has to be man marked to disrupt his flow... Kamara should be on him like a limpet. Closer than a Brazilian shave.

Flynn Downes: (on loan from west ham)

Defensive Solidity: Downes is strong defensively, providing a robust shield in front of the backline. His tackling and interception skills are key to breaking up opposition play.

Ball Retention: He is effective at maintaining possession and recycling the ball, ensuring that Southampton can control the tempo and maintain pressure.

Physical Presence: Downes adds a physical edge to the midfield, often winning duels and setting the tone with his combative style.

When in defence he needs to feel the full force of the kindergarten swarm, with Archie, Willy and Geoginio applying relentless pressure. Winning the ball high up the pitch could be key to success.
Good post 'C'

This is the fine line i worry about that DF has to get right, and it's a v fine balance.

Using the 2 Norwich games as the perfect example of both - When we went with 3 at their place coz they were at home and we didn't want to concede, ok you could say it worked, but to me it gave Norwich too much respect, didn't play to our strengths, and levelled the playing field too much for them not us.

Now at home, we slapped them, didn't give them a sniff, and could've had 8.

It scares me DF will go 3 again coz he's scared of this Soton so called strength, if he does this, i think we're fcked.

Ok it stifled Norwich (it also stifled us) and we got the clean sheet, but it ain't the way to go for winning the game, Soton will be in their element and are no Norwich when it comes to attacking, it is their strength also, and it will play right into their hands.

My synopsis : This has got 'humdinger' wrote all over it, this is a - 'may the best man win' game, and i hope to fck we go down fighting and not with a whimper, if we happen to lose.

TELE'S WILL BE SMASHED DF IF WE DON'T GIVE IT OUR BEST SHOT ! :evil:

I want them to have to contain us, not vice versa.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Sean_Nile wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:52 am How to Neutralize Southampton’s Tactics

Bypassing the Press:
Use quick, direct passes to bypass Southampton’s high press. This could involve longer balls to exploit space behind their pressing midfielders. This has not been the way Farke has been playing, it is usually slow tippy tappy from the back. This has to change.

Width Utilization:
Stretch Southampton’s defense by playing through the flanks. This would force their midfield to spread out, reducing their compactness. Not just down the left as we have seen so often, but using the pace of James or Gnonto down the right.

Midfield Overload:
Overload the midfield with additional players to counter Southampton’s pressing and ball retention, creating numerical superiority. Dare I say it a midfield of Kamara, Gurev and Gray. NO!...There should be no way through our midfield which has been open and exposed both times we have been beaten by the Saints.

Physical and Tactical Discipline:
Maintain tactical discipline to avoid getting caught out of position during transitions. Physical resilience is also key to winning duels and second balls. Firpo are you listening, no jogging back thinking the ball is going out. Concentration no switching off.

Effective Set-Piece Defense:
Pay special attention to defending set-pieces. Organize the defensive line and mark key threats meticulously... and pray to God that spider boy commands the goal area, and can catch the ball rather than punch it.
Feckin top post again ! Especially the top bit.

I think Gray's gotta start RB, we haven't played with 3 enough times for it to work, and have Roberts waiting eager to come on. Gray did well attacking again tother neet
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Post by Sean_Nile »

Kennyb41 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 11:43 am Feckin top post again ! Especially the top bit.

I think Gray's gotta start RB, we haven't played with 3 enough times for it to work, and have Roberts waiting eager to come on. Gray did well attacking again tother neet
Yes i could see that welsh connection of Roberts/James doing some damage in the latter half of the game, if Farke utilises the right wing
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Much as I like going to games I do find I often spend more time talking to mates as I do actually watching the match. It might sound miserable as F**k but I actually quite enjoy sequestering myself away and watching on my own these days and that’s what I’ll be doing Sunday.

Dreamt of losing on sunday the last couple of nights so I hope it’s a case of the opposite happening.
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Post by Sean_Nile »

WhiteRose wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 12:34 pm Dreamt of losing on sunday the last couple of nights so I hope it’s a case of the opposite happening.

From a scientific standpoint, dreams are largely understood through the lens of neurology and psychology. The brain processes information during sleep, consolidating memories and emotions, which can manifest as dreams.

If enough people report that they have a dream about their team loosing and enough people read about that dream, a seed is sown, and it is more likely they will have a similar dream. You can be in my dream, if I can be in yours.

These processes are unique to each individual, even if they can sometimes produce similar themes or narratives. It is likely if people write a lot of negativity about their team or manager then this narrative will in some way influence the dreams people have.

There is no empirical evidence to support the idea that dreaming the same dream increases the likelihood of the event occurring in reality. It is just a shared thought expressing itself during unconcious dream time.

This concept tends to fall more into the category of folklore or paranormal belief rather than established science.

While the phenomenon of multiple people dreaming similar dreams can be intriguing and might lead to fascinating discussions, it is generally explained by psychological and social factors rather than any predictive paranormal power.

Though no doubt the Don would have disagreed since he was well into that gypsy curse stuff.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Sean_Nile wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:20 pm From a scientific standpoint, dreams are largely understood through the lens of neurology and psychology. The brain processes information during sleep, consolidating memories and emotions, which can manifest as dreams.

If enough people report that they have a dream about their team loosing and enough people read about that dream, a seed is sown, and it is more likely they will have a similar dream. You can be in my dream, if I can be in yours.

These processes are unique to each individual, even if they can sometimes produce similar themes or narratives. It is likely if people write a lot of negativity about their team or manager then this narrative will in some way influence the dreams people have.

There is no empirical evidence to support the idea that dreaming the same dream increases the likelihood of the event occurring in reality. It is just a shared thought expressing itself during unconcious dream time.

This concept tends to fall more into the category of folklore or paranormal belief rather than established science.

While the phenomenon of multiple people dreaming similar dreams can be intriguing and might lead to fascinating discussions, it is generally explained by psychological and social factors rather than any predictive paranormal power.

Though no doubt the Don would have disagreed since he was well into that gypsy curse stuff.
Totally disappointed, all this talk of dreams, and no mention of 'wet' anywhere.

;@)
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Post by Sean_Nile »

Kennyb41 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 2:14 pm Totally disappointed, all this talk of dreams, and no mention of 'wet' anywhere.
That is because you have not been following the more salacious gifs posted by Mentalcase
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

Kennyb41 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 11:43 am Feckin top post again ! Especially the top bit.

Agreed, Kenny. I think DF’s gotta go for it. But the players need to respond by being extremely aggressive with the high press. If we pull that off, they will crumble and we’ll get a goal or two early on. That will then permit us to play our game more by absorbing pressure and countering when opportune. Honestly, if we don’t get those early goals, a mid-match switch to a 4-3-3 might suit to wear them down and then bring on James, etc. to try and break the stalemate. My two cents…
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

JoeDenver wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:23 pm Agreed, Kenny. I think DF’s gotta go for it. But the players need to respond by being extremely aggressive with the high press. If we pull that off, they will crumble and we’ll get a goal or two early on. That will then permit us to play our game more by absorbing pressure and countering when opportune. Honestly, if we don’t get those early goals, a mid-match switch to a 4-3-3 might suit to wear them down and then bring on James, etc. to try and break the stalemate. My two cents…
Yip, there are sooooooooo many options for this game during the game itself, if we do get that crucial first goal, I hope he immediately goes for the 2nd and doesn't sit back absorbing, coz i'll guarantee they'll score doing that.

;@)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Not always sure it’s fans selling their tickets.
These big secondary market companies seem to have tickets instantly while fans are still waiting online.
Right old fiddle if you ask me.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

I just watched that too. Living in the States, I knew nothing about that scene. I watched the game oblivious to what had happened outside the stadium.

Part of the problem was they kicked off at 8 pm. Obviously they were doing that to attract a bigger worldwide market. But it backfired in that it gave the mobs 12 hours to drink before kick off. Thankfully our game is an afternoon KO. It was nuts to see how many people were there ticketless and how many managed to get into the stadium without tickets. Part of that comes down to mismanagement of the ticket system. If touts couldn't sell tickets then less ticketless fans would show up.