VAR for 2020/21

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: VAR for 2020/21

Post by Jaydog »

Kennyb41 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:47 am What an absolute fcking disgrace for the integrity of the English game, and it's left me livid.

As soon as i saw the replay of the Dias 'goal' i saw from the freezeframe the Spurs leg was playing him onside, htf can we get something so drastically wrong when Cricket and Rugby are in the main getting everything better for their game ?

Human error has been blamed and the twats should be banished to Siberia.
Was a shocker and look at the way cricket & rugby do it. Very open. We see the whole process. They take their time and get it right. Football is a knuckle dragger in comparison
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Jaydog wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:21 am Was a shocker and look at the way cricket & rugby do it. Very open. We see the whole process. They take their time and get it right. Football is a knuckle dragger in comparison
There's a lot of betting on the first goal in matches Dog as you know, i didn't but i actually looked at Dias when i saw him starting but left it, i was pissed off when he scored, jeez imagine if i'd put £50 on him. :rant:
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Jimstorrie
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jimstorrie »

Referees should either be on field officials or VAR officials. They shouldn't be doing the latter on their 'day off'.
Have two entirely separate panels.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Kennyb41 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:25 am There's a lot of betting on the first goal in matches Dog as you know, i didn't but i actually looked at Dias when i saw him starting but left it, i was pissed off when he scored, jeez imagine if i'd put £50 on him. :rant:
You would’ve been robbed as were Liverpool.
Klopps false teeth nearly fell out when he was shown it.
If you were a manager at that level of sport you probably wouldn’t find it very amusing mind you.
Why don’t they do what rugby do. Take your time, don’t be afraid to double check things.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Jimstorrie wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:26 am Referees should either be on field officials or VAR officials. They shouldn't be doing the latter on their 'day off'.
Have two entirely separate panels.
Said it so many times, why don’t they look at other sports. Why is football so arrogant.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Jaydog wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:32 am You would’ve been robbed as were Liverpool.
Klopps false teeth nearly fell out when he was shown it.
If you were a manager at that level of sport you probably wouldn’t find it very amusing mind you.
Why don’t they do what rugby do. Take your time, don’t be afraid to double check things.
Yes and i don't understand why they just don't pause the clock for lengthy decisions to take place, or bad injuries for that matter.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Kennyb41 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:36 am Yes and i don't understand why they just don't pause the clock for lengthy decisions to take place, or bad injuries for that matter.
A lot of people didn’t want VAR but for me it’s absolutely a necessity in modern sport but it has to be done correctly & transparently. So a fail fail for football.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Jaydog wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:41 am A lot of people didn’t want VAR but for me it’s absolutely a necessity in modern sport but it has to be done correctly & transparently. So a fail fail for football.
Correctly's the word.

We seem to have morons at the helm, and i don't mean the new guy just brought in.

It's a complete fcking laughing stock.

And the world is watching.

;@)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:35 am Said it so many times, why don’t they look at other sports. Why is football so arrogant.
They are far too arrogant & up their own arses to look for advice from other sports.

How can they get decisions so wrong?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:41 am A lot of people didn’t want VAR but for me it’s absolutely a necessity in modern sport but it has to be done correctly & transparently. So a fail fail for football.
We could have done with VAR a couple of times this season. Southampton's first goal looked suspiciously offside.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

1964white wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:56 am We could have done with VAR a couple of times this season. Southampton's first goal looked suspiciously offside.
Should be in the top two divisions for obvious reasons but apparently it’s too costly for the championship. I think I’m right in saying VAR light was talked about but that doesn’t do offside😂
Of course football can’t afford it, give it a rest ffs 🙄
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Liverpool requesting audio, and so they should if cheating is involved, bastards.

;@)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

No idea if we have a newer thread but this idea from Wenger is bonkers
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

It needs to favour the attacker imo, being offside for an arm/head, or half a foot is also bonkers ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:33 am It needs to favour the attacker imo, being offside for an arm/head, or half a foot is also bonkers ...
Totally agree.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

the fundamental rules of football do NOT need to change

what needs to change is the use of VAR to call offside players who are offside by a toe, it's not exactly rocket science.

i don't understand the rational behind wenger's rule change - you'll still have issues with miniscule/tight offside decisions, just that it goes the other way in favour of the attacker

we shouldn't be changing the fundamental unbroken rules of football in order to shoehorn VAR in, that's madness
Last edited by danhirons on Thu May 23, 2024 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Not the worst proposal, but it'll still lead to imaginary lines on the pitch.
Personally I would like offside to he restricted to the penalty area.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Irish Ian wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 12:35 pm Not the worst proposal, but it'll still lead to imaginary lines on the pitch.
Personally I would like offside to he restricted to the penalty area.
then you'd just get a striker standing on the edge of the box the whole game with his team booting the ball up to him or the defence would have to stay permanently on the edge of their box?!
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Teams would sit deeper than ever before.

Would make Football even more dull.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

danhirons wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 12:36 pm then you'd just get a striker standing on the edge of the box the whole game with his team booting the ball up to him or the defence would have to stay permanently on the edge of their box?!
It would change the game but is that a bad thing?
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa