The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Saturday 25th May) - Do you have any Leeds United rituals ahead of this weekend's big game?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Saturday 25th May) - Do you have any Leeds United rituals ahead of this weekend's big g

Post by Chilli D »

White Riot wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 7:42 am Horrible all of them Leon :sick:

You wonder which dummy thought that those designs looked great :duno: :?

I seem to remember Billy Sharp and Ross McCormack playing in the top one? Could be wrong though?
For some reason, that hideous faded gold one also reminds me of Ross McCormack as well.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Saturday 25th May) - Do you have any Leeds United rituals ahead of this weekend's big g

Post by Chilli D »

1964white wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 7:31 am As a club, we should have burned several shirts over the years.

These are three shirts I wouldn't be seen dead in.

2013/14 - The club struggled to give this shirt away at the end of the season.

Screenshot 2024-05-25 08.13.37.png

2022/23 - A horrible mess, that doesn't do our large built fans any favours

Screenshot 2024-05-25 08.17.18.png

2023/24 - A insipid, tasteless, sickly shirt

Screenshot 2024-05-25 08.19.14.png
2013/2014
Easily the worst kit we have ever had.
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Post by Sean_Nile »

The Subhuman wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 7:58 am I'm not superstitious either, happily walk under ladders, broken hundreds of mirrors just throwing them in skips ... I do believe in luck though and some people/teams etc get more than their fair share. I'm with the Don on that
With luck you can have good luck or bad luck and there is the element of evil or malevolence associated with it.

Sometimes I will say to the wife that was lucky when something good happens... and she always corrects me and says it was a blessing.

That is a big difference because a blessing is always positive and good, and never bad and evil.

Like Cellino blessing the dressing rooms.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

I'm not superstitious.
We will win, touch wood.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Sean_Nile wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 7:49 am Did it taste good, and what spices did you use. if it tasted bad you know what the result will be.
I think he choked the chicken.
Releases the tension.
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Post by Sean_Nile »

Libby and her scarf looks like Southampton fans also have superstitions.

Will the more superstitious win?
IMG_20240525_121456.jpg
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

VinnysTattoo wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 8:02 am What happens to a superstition when you lose?

Surely that negates it?
You just make up another one and start to believe in that :) Its never ending :shock:
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

Jaydog wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 8:52 am I think he choked the chicken.
Releases the tension.
Are we sure it wasn't a c**k he swallowed?
Allez les Blancs , Les Paons
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Chilli D wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 8:08 am For some reason, that hideous faded gold one also reminds me of Ross McCormack as well.
The Fly-Tipper :lol:
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

VinnysTattoo wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 8:02 am What happens to a superstition when you lose?

Surely that negates it?
Nah.

It's still the socks fault, so you just keep finding another pair until they win, you thick or what ?
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

whiteinfrance wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 10:12 am Are we sure it wasn't a c**k he swallowed?
No I think that’s more of a French thing Brian
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Jaydog wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 10:29 am No I think that’s more of a French thing Brian
Thay like a drop of vin as theire guzzling coq :)
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

White Riot wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 6:46 am Last Friday, before the match against Norwich, I fished my old blue and yellow Strongbow shirt out of the back of the cupboard and wore it for the match.

So I'll be doing the same tomorrow 8-)
That's my lucky top too. I was wearing it yesterday
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

White Riot wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 10:46 am Thay like a drop of vin as theire guzzling coq :)
Supposedly they thicken the sauce with the blood of the coq but I reckon the dirty French use something else. Sacre bleu. Mange tout.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Ellandback1 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 10:49 am That's my lucky top too. I was wearing it yesterday
Tis a good un Matt :love:

I was gonna wear it today, but thought no, as that could be bad luck as I only wore it on match day last week ;-)

Always makes me think of Harte and Viduka :love:

Dunno where all the others went? But this is the only one I have left :duno: And amazingly enough it still fits me :lol:

I'll stock up whenever I visit the UK in the future, which will probably be during a pre-season when I can get a ticket, as the League One days when I last attended and had a full stand to myself have long gone :lol:
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

A mate of mine i visited in hospital after a motorbike accident where he'd had an arm amputated and lost the use of both legs being paralysed from the waist down after being trapped under an articulated jack knifed lorry, that also had his neck trapped and they were waiting on the results of a scan of his spinal vertebrae and cord to see if he'd be paraplegic , said, it was fortunate he had his lucky jacket on or he could've been dead.

Now was he unlucky to have had the accident, or lucky to be alive.

So it can work both ways suppose, and hard to distinguish between the two.

Anyhoos, there's no way i can't watch tomorrow, so we're feckin doomed.

And no, DF shouldn't be sacked, he's laid some cracking foundations on which to build.

Best of luck morons ! :shirtw: :clapp: :shirtw: :scarfe2: and .........WNGUAFC !
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 7:32 am At least we won in that! I like the blue shirt but we've never won in it.
Won 4 drawn 1 lost 6 in that horrible pink/yellow shirt.

Funny enough, I wear pink & yellow t-shirts/polo shirts, but a mix of the two colours is simply awful.

A bit like my new set of bowls, orange & yellow specks in them, they shine like beacons. 8-)
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

1964white wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 12:12 pm Won 4 drawn 1 lost 6 in that horrible pink/yellow shirt.

Funny enough, I wear pink & yellow t-shirts/polo shirts, but a mix of the two colours is simply awful.

A bit like my new set of bowls, orange & yellow specks in them, they shine like beacons. 8-)
Poser!
Allez les Blancs , Les Paons