Boxing chat

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Boxing chat

Post by Cjay »

One of the issues for Tyson was he had multiple people yelling totally different things at him.

No wonder the bloke thought it was January
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Cjay wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 1:10 pm
One of the issues for Tyson was he had multiple people yelling totally different things at him.

No wonder the bloke thought it was January
First off , he should stop his dad going to press conferences and keep him out of the ring or corner when he is fighting . John Fury is a distraction and everything is about him.... basically a has been journeyman , or never been .......he even lost to Henry Akinwande , who only tried to dance with Lennox Lewis .
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Agit Kabayel beat Frank Sanchez , much in the same manner as he beat the previously unbeaten monster Makhmudov , crippling body shots . Kabayel imo is much underrated and overlooked, could be dangerous and deserving maybe of a title shot. Thought to have no chance against Makhmudov who had walked through pretty much everyone he had fought up to that stage , Kabayel hits with vicious body shots and seems to destroy fighters willingness to carry on . This is a chap who might be dangerous for Usyk .
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

Cracking fight, I need to re watch it a couple of times but I think Usysk won that.
I was thought that if Fury tried to match Usyk he would fall short, he needed to ping him with his long jab then in clinches get rough on the inside but Usyk was dancing around like Willo -the- wisp.

Fury needs to ditch John who is a clear distraction and work on a more aggressive style.

Taylor v Catterall 2 next, this should be a barn burner.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Hearing two separate reports IBF stripping Usyk of their version of title for a Hrgovic-Dubois fight sometime soon . If so , a few days undisputed title holder, should lose a title in the ring or vacate himself , not have a sanctioning body strip him so they can have their little bit of glory , right now neither of those fighters carry the clout or glory Usyk has...... won't be such a big draw either. Fury used to always go on he was the A side and Usyk wasn't the name........well Hrgovic-Dubois and Dubios are much further down . Hope this isn't true , Usyk is the champ .
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

Clacton White wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 5:06 pm Hearing two separate reports IBF stripping Usyk of their version of title for a Hrgovic-Dubois fight sometime soon . If so , a few days undisputed title holder, should lose a title in the ring or vacate himself , not have a sanctioning body strip him so they can have their little bit of glory , right now neither of those fighters carry the clout or glory Usyk has...... won't be such a big draw either. Fury used to always go on he was the A side and Usyk wasn't the name........well Hrgovic-Dubois and Dubios are much further down . Hope this isn't true , Usyk is the champ .
I would have thought a rematch would trump the IBF fight with Usyk/Hrgovic, surely it generates more cash too.

Fury held on to that WBC for ages without being stripped of it, maybe a huge payday to the IBF will keep the undisputed rematch on or I cant see Fury being up for it and he'll go off to fight Joshua at Wembley for a final fight before retiring.

I do think Fury needs to listen to Sugar Hill but it seems that John Fury thinks himself as some scholar in the sport of boxing.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

BradWhite wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 8:55 am I would have thought a rematch would trump the IBF fight with Usyk/Hrgovic, surely it generates more cash too.

Fury held on to that WBC for ages without being stripped of it, maybe a huge payday to the IBF will keep the undisputed rematch on or I cant see Fury being up for it and he'll go off to fight Joshua at Wembley for a final fight before retiring.

I do think Fury needs to listen to Sugar Hill but it seems that John Fury thinks himself as some scholar in the sport of boxing.
In theory yes it does trump Hrgovic , but you are fighting for 4 belts at least and each organization wants it's no1 challenger to fight , I think Hrgovic doesn't want to be put on hold or down the queue , but to me Usyk has won the titles in the ring and has just defended the IBF among others . Each organization has it's own no1 and he can't defend against all at the same time , so if you assume 4 different fighters then some could be waiting 2 years to get a crack, staying in a state of no fights in that time so as not to lose no1 status . It's a stupid situation, each having their mandatory challenger ......even as I type Eddie Hearn is talking about the IBF situation. It's a silly situation really , 4 or more major organizations each with a champion , imagine if football was run this way and you had various football league champions , it would be chaotic . I reckon maybe the WBC might be glad to be shot of Tyson Fury though , I reckon he might retire and unretire a few times in the next few months 😁😁, maybe another crack at Derek Chisora .
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

Clacton White wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 11:57 am In theory yes it does trump Hrgovic , but you are fighting for 4 belts at least and each organization wants it's no1 challenger to fight , I think Hrgovic doesn't want to be put on hold or down the queue , but to me Usyk has won the titles in the ring and has just defended the IBF among others . Each organization has it's own no1 and he can't defend against all at the same time , so if you assume 4 different fighters then some could be waiting 2 years to get a crack, staying in a state of no fights in that time so as not to lose no1 status . It's a stupid situation, each having their mandatory challenger ......even as I type Eddie Hearn is talking about the IBF situation. It's a silly situation really , 4 or more major organizations each with a champion , imagine if football was run this way and you had various football league champions , it would be chaotic . I reckon maybe the WBC might be glad to be shot of Tyson Fury though , I reckon he might retire and unretire a few times in the next few months 😁😁, maybe another crack at Derek Chisora .
Warren mentioned earlier on Talk Sport that Fury has triggered the rematch clause with Usyk, the rematch is October, it's already signed.

Eddie Hearn is a promotor and talks crap, he also said that if Fury loses again it's the end of his career, meanwhile his cash cow Joshua lost twice to Usyk and Ruiz, and was shouting from the rooftops that Joshua's career wasn't over and now after a few 'confidence' fight all of a sudden Joshua is back superman, gotta say both Usyk and Fury beat Joshua.

Fury has lost 1 fight and drawn 1, it's not over.
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

Josh Taylor v Jack Catterall fight tonight, at the First Direct Arena in Leeds.

Catterall was robbed in the first fight so I'l going for him to win tonight, either way it should be a right scrap.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

BradWhite wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 11:00 am Josh Taylor v Jack Catterall fight tonight, at the First Direct Arena in Leeds.

Catterall was robbed in the first fight so I'l going for him to win tonight, either way it should be a right scrap.
I'll watch that BW, any idea what time the fight is?
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

White Riot wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 11:06 am I'll watch that BW, any idea what time the fight is?
Probably 10pm.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Another fantastic humdinger of a fight. I had scored 4 clear rounds each and 4 rounds that i struggled to split them, the judges must have given the close round to Catterall. Justice was done in the end. Just a shame the life changing Undisputed title and all the belts doesn't come his way like it should have last time. Which would have changed his life over night.

It was robbery and Bob Arum knew it. I think that's why he likes his WBC judges at ring side. I thought the undercard was a bit flat personally with only Two fighters catching the eye.

Come on Leeds.
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

Leeds1000 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 9:48 am Another fantastic humdinger of a fight. I had scored 4 clear rounds each and 4 rounds that i struggled to split them, the judges must have given the close round to Catterall. Justice was done in the end. Just a shame the life changing Undisputed title and all the belts doesn't come his way like it should have last time. Which would have changed his life over night.

It was robbery and Bob Arum knew it. I think that's why he likes his WBC judges at ring side. I thought the undercard was a bit flat personally with only Two fighters catching the eye.

Come on Leeds.
Yeah cracking fight.

That was a ridiculous outburst by Bob Arum.

I had 2 split 50/50 rounds in round 9 and round 11 so I gave them one round each.

Here are my scores.

Jack won rounds 1 -2 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 9 - 12 (115)

Taylor: 3 -7- 8-10 - 11. (113)

I 'd like to see a 3rd fight but I think Catterall will chase a world title probably against Teofimo.

Looking forward to the 5x5 tournament Matchroon vs Queensbury.

Hrgovic vs Dubois

Zang vs Wilder

Sheeraz vs Williams

Ford vs Nick Ball

Craig Richards vs Willy Hutchinson

MOT
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

BradWhite wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 10:04 am Yeah cracking fight.

That was a ridiculous outburst by Bob Arum.

I had 2 split 50/50 rounds in round 9 and round 11 so I gave them one round each.

Here are my scores.

Jack won rounds 1 -2 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 9 - 12 (115)

Taylor: 3 -7- 8-10 - 11. (113)

I 'd like to see a 3rd fight but I think Catterall will chase a world title.
Pretty much how i saw it Brad. Although personally i found rounds 2,6,9,12 difficult to split and i gave Jack round 10. Jack gassed again late on i felt but still landed the cleaner shots. Josh was the fitter and more aggressive but wasted too many punches late on. Catterall has great natural timing. That triple jab is a thing to behold. Correct result and i think he deserves a shot at the title.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Looking forward to the 5x5 tournament Matchroon vs Queensbury.

Hrgovic vs Dubois :

Zang vs Wilder :

Sheeraz vs Williams

Ford vs Nick Ball

Nick Ball is a little Scouse terrier.
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

Leeds1000 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 10:32 am Looking forward to the 5x5 tournament Matchroon vs Queensbury.

Hrgovic vs Dubois :

Zang vs Wilder :

Sheeraz vs Williams

Ford vs Nick Ball

Nick Ball is a little Scouse terrier.
Yes mate he is, he was also robbed in his last fight, it should be a great scrap against Raymond Ford.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Zhang beat Wilder by stoppage in 5th round , Wilder now a shadow of what he once was , but the aura of invincibility was long gone anyway . Zhang will always be dangerous fighter , decent boxer and good puncher . Fighters like Wilder and Joyce are made for him really .
Dubois stopped Hrgovic , boxed well and dominated.....I thought this might be Hrgovic to win but Dubois put himself among the top contenders now .