Leeds United v Southampton - Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds United v Southampton - Match Thread

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

Source: https://x.com/LUFC/status/1794644877365420483
In Farke we trust...
pleasetrollrishi
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by pleasetrollrishi »

Dropping in as a neutral fan to ask - please sing 'Things Can Only Get Better' at the top of your lungs today. The nation will thank you for your services.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Raced to Lecce only to find that the bars close at 3 on a Sunday. I may have to watch the game in the reception of the Hilton Gardens Hotel where I am staying.
Hopefully I will not have to use any profanity.

As a back up - does anyone know if the game is live on LUTV for outside the UK ?
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

pleasetrollrishi wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 10:15 am Dropping in as a neutral fan to ask - please sing 'Things Can Only Get Better' at the top of your lungs today. The nation will thank you for your services.
What happens if we lose. ;-) Tony Blair is a war monger with blood on his hands. Starmer is following Trumps lead by sticking is finger in the air and catching the mood and saying whatever people want to hear in that moment. And the way he has treated his mate Corbyn. Even Owen Jones can't stand Starmargeddon.

In saying all that the Tories had a 80 seat majority and have done nothing worthy of any credibility in my book. Time for change. I will be spoiling my vote and voting Reform.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 8:50 am Or this could be the start of 365 sleeps pal.

Best of British :tup:
Cheers Kenny.

On the train into Wembley now.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by GreennWhite »

Orange Box wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 4:54 am Win or lose today, it’s been an incredible season when you consider where we were as a club last summer.
Everybody have a good day, wherever you watch the game. Hopefully we get that promotion, not the end of the world if we don’t, we go again next year whichever division we are in.
Come on Leeds!
100 % Orange Box. I hope all of our fans look at it like this but alas i know a few who won`t unfortunately. They are already sharpening their pencils for slating Farke or the players if things go worng.

:scar1 :scarfe2: M.O.T.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Coffee & pub stops over

We're the famous Leeds United & we're off to Wembley. :scar1
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Post by Sean_Nile »

1964white wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 11:12 am Coffee & pub stops over

We're the famous Leeds United and we're off to Wembley
We're stopping at the watford gap with the knees all trembley.
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

1964white wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 11:12 am Coffee & pub stops over

Enlarged prostate playing up and dying for a pee :)

Speaking from experience
Allez les Blancs , Les Paons
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

GreennWhite wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 11:03 am 100 % Orange Box. I hope all of our fans look at it like this but alas i know a few who won`t unfortunately. They are already sharpening their pencils for slating Farke or the players if things go worng.

:scar1 :scarfe2: M.O.T.
No matter what happens, if we get Rodon he has laid solid foundations upon which to build, selling a couple like Jimmy who we probably already have a suitable replacement for, will raise money for him to spend, get rid of the old guard, and trust him to have already seen who he wants to buy.

It is already now capable of competing with the 3 clubs that are coming down.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

pleasetrollrishi wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 10:15 am Dropping in as a neutral fan to ask - please sing 'Things Can Only Get Better' at the top of your lungs today. The nation will thank you for your services.
I think that's guaranteed if we're leading with a few minutes to go, but not only by 1 goal, then please, just don't count the chickens.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

DDB220 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 10:21 am Raced to Lecce only to find that the bars close at 3 on a Sunday. I may have to watch the game in the reception of the Hilton Gardens Hotel where I am staying.
Hopefully I will not have to use any profanity.

As a back up - does anyone know if the game is live on LUTV for outside the UK ?
That’s disappointing re: bar situation.

Just checked LUTV for you and they have a placeholder for it on the website. I’ve purchased many games on LUTV this season and I obviously live in the US, so I presume you should be fine if you go that route. Probably worth the $10 to be able to watch in the comfort of your hotel room. A part of me is wondering if the TV package in the hotel room might have it available given the prominence of the game and Italians being rabid football fans. Best of luck! I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you. MOT…
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

Rough night last night as I kept waking up thinking that I’d overslept…this despite the game starting at 8am here. A little nervous, but I think we’re in our best frame of mind to play Southampton this season. Anxiety is still elevated…eek!
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

I hate that song .
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Stomach doing somersaults all morning.

If we play the way we did in the second leg v Norwich we'll win, but it will take that kind of effort. Anything less sees us staying in the Championship.
BlancdeBlanc
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by BlancdeBlanc »

Really dreading seeing the team sheet since I dreamed that we lost to a Byram own goal… mind you, the lottery numbers I dream of never come up!

I’d rather hear Always Look on the Bright Side than the dirge that is Things can only get Better. No politics today!
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

From the Beeb :

'Richest game in world football'
published at 13:34
13:34
Leeds v Southampton (15:00 BST)

What does a place in the Premier League mean?

Well, it's the honour of mixing it with the best in the land, a sprinkling of European giants and the galaxy of stars they have at their disposal.

A place at the top table of the English game also comes with financial rewards.

And for that reason, the Championship play-off final is known as the 'richest game in world football'.

The folks at accountancy group Deloitte have crunched the numbers and the winner today can expect a ‘revenue uplift’ of £140m over the next three years. That includes things like coin from broadcasters and parachute payments if the Premier League stay is limited to a solitary year.

That figure jumps out to a whopping £305m if they manage not to get relegated immediately.

So yeah, this is for all the millions of marbles.

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

So Bert managed to not get relegated back down straight away....What happened to the £305m ?

;@)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Matthew Lewis :hi5:

Maxi Gradel, The Chief, Ralph Ineson ...an orl

even SG
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"