Leeds United v Southampton - Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds United v Southampton - Match Thread

Post by Jaydog »

IMG_9218.jpeg

Wife’s homemade hat can f**k off.
She won’t be going on The Sewing Bee 😂
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

White Riot wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 4:19 pm All indicators are that they will stick with him SG.

Not using Joseph sufficiently was criminal imo.
Joseph should have the 9 shirt next season :tup:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SG90 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 4:15 pm He absolutely should, but a player on £38k a week will be guaranteed to start. :roll:
And half the forum will love that... We're split badly on Bamford (who I'm quite happy with coming off the bench in a pinch) here
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Broad Ford
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Broad Ford »

Didn't see enough of those 4 forwards. Geo did enough, Jimmy not, Gnonto could have done better with his chance and Piroe looked quiet. James was a whisker away from being the saviour and spoiling my half time punt of 1-0 Southampton win.

I'm gutted but the gut wins.
If you don't know where you are going, every road will get you nowhere.
Notwell
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Notwell »

BradWhite wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 4:13 pm Joseph and James changed the game yet again they came on too late.

Gonna be interesting to see who we sell due to financial issues.
Its rather a case of who is wanted by prem clubs. Everyone is there to be picked now.
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

That means we won't be getting any transfer money for Jack Harrison, he'll run his contract out and leave for free.

I half expect a big side coming in for Archie.
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Such a s**t game to decide a season. But I support Leeds and as long as I get to watch them every week I couldn’t give a s**t what league we are in!
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

BradWhite wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 4:13 pm Joseph and James changed the game yet again they came on too late.

Gonna be interesting to see who we sell due to financial issues.
Summerville and Gnonto definitely. Probably Gray too. I expect Cresswell will also be sold.

Don't expect a spending spree, cause it has to go on paying for the loan rats, who will all go on loan again.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Typical play off final for the Championship.
I won’t check the stats but I imagine they are very rarely a goal fest
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

As expected there was nowt between the teams that a bit of luck couldn't have changed, 2 inches lower and DJ's goes in.

I'm not disappointed with how we started and played, they got that crucial first goal, up hill after that, our CH's had a bit of an off day for once, shame it came in the final game.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

JoeDenver wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 12:18 pm That’s disappointing re: bar situation.

Just checked LUTV for you and they have a placeholder for it on the website. I’ve purchased many games on LUTV this season and I obviously live in the US, so I presume you should be fine if you go that route. Probably worth the $10 to be able to watch in the comfort of your hotel room. A part of me is wondering if the TV package in the hotel room might have it available given the prominence of the game and Italians being rabid football fans. Best of luck! I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you. MOT…
I managed to watch the game in the hotel with Italian commentary. Better than listening to Grinchcliffe to be honest.
Close but no cigar. Too slow in our build up - subs against tired legs gave us another gear but their defence marshalled our minimal threat for the most part. Thought the Rodon run was our best chance / taking the extra touch when Gnonto squared it allowed the defender to recover and get a block in.
It looked like it would need a piece of individual brilliance and James was very close to providing it.
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Post by Sean_Nile »

Too much history to overcome.
The winning mentality was missing.
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 4:07 pm The ONE team we couldn't beat this season....
Absolutely. And Martin beat us both ways. Martien’s preferred approach (possession-based) and the way everyone else has had success against us (low-block and score from your 1-2 chances)
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

whiteswan wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 4:14 pm I think it will be a different Summer this time round SG. New owners in complete control. They won't mess about.
I'd imagine FFP comes into play, we're likely to lose a lot of money on the Marsch signings and selling Cry and Willy will hopefully cover that. I'd be surprised if we spend much unless we can move the likes of Aaronson and Roca for good money.

We could lose Gray too. Maybe Geo and the rebuild would need to be much bigger than last season as we don't look like bringing any of the 21's through

I like Piroe, good player, but I don't think he suits us at all.... so wouldn't be unhappy to see him sold
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

Sean_Nile wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 4:24 pm Too much history to overcome.
The winning mentality was missing.
Unfortunately it always is, even stretching back to the Revie years.
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

Bongo1874 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 4:16 pm You don't deserve that mate.

The board and management need to be held responsible.

They were quick to get rid of the guy who got you a 9th place finish in the Premiership.

You have got this guys new players in just like marsch,what has it got you guys?

Plums feck all mate.

Kamara 5mil you're having a laugh.

Who is actually doing the recruitment?, do they know what Leeds stand for?

Sorry but tell me how clubs like Brighton and Brentford can do a better job than you guys,and it's obvious they have the correct people running those clubs.

That's why they are punching above themselves.

They are nowhere near the size of you guys.

Bournemouth too.

Nobody wants to take responsibility.
All good points.

The recruitment over the years has been pretty shite in all honesty. It took us around 2 years to bring in a LB and being overly reliant on Bamford for f**k knows how long.

We would have been cannon fodder in the PL with this squad. I can't see us now going up for a good few years as it's Leeds afterall.

Whether Farke is here next season or not, I really couldn't care less tbh.
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Post by Sean_Nile »

Paris Hilton has a lot to answer for.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SG90 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 4:22 pm Summerville and Gnonto definitely. Probably Gray too. I expect Cresswell will also be sold.

Don't expect a spending spree, cause it has to go on paying for the loan rats, who will all go on loan again.
Would be a massive waste, can see Rodon going, he's done enough to play in the bottom half of the prem next season. Cresswell is championship proven and will get us the goals our CB's have failed to provide this season. Cresswell is woth 10M plus to us, maybe 2/3 M on the open market
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Given that we had already lost twice to this opponent my thought pre-match was we absolutely needed to score first or we were done. As soon as we conceded it was over. Yes, Dan James hit the post. But in truth we never looked dangerous enough to score.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

The Subhuman wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 4:27 pm Would be a massive waste, can see Rodon going, he's done enough to play in the bottom half of the prem next season. Cresswell is championship proven and will get us the goals our CB's have failed to provide this season. Cresswell is woth 10M plus to us, maybe 2/3 M on the open market
Completely agree. But Farke doesn't like him, so if he stays, he'll be gone. Ffp means you should always use academy players to save money.