Should he stay or should he go?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Should he stay or should he go?

Yes, needs to go
20%
No, great season considering the issues
67%
Not bothered either way
13%

Total votes: 70

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Should he stay or should he go?

Post by The Subhuman »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 10:56 pm All 3 relegated teams are weaker than last season's relegated teams. I don't think we'll have 4 dominant teams in the championship.
That's an unknown to be fair. SU are a mess, no clue how Luton will react, doubt the premier league will be chasing their players and they didn't spend high so they should return a good team to the CH.. Burnley should do well

Boro, Sunderland, Norwich, Hull, WBA and throw in a couple of wild cards ...It maybe a deeper division next season.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Cjay wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 4:39 pm He should go but he won't.

He will waffle on about 90 points as if its some amazing total and then blame the first 2 months.

2 wins in 9 to end the season is sackable form at any level.

Championship experience for key criteria in a manager wad always nonsense
You think every manager should go, it is your favourite subject from day one.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Irish Ian wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 11:45 pm You think every manager should go, it is your favourite subject from day one.
I actually talk up basically every manager on day one as I usually do the opening post.

Didn't rate Farke at Norwich don't rate him now, so my not rating Farke isn't a new thing.

I think he's crap.

I think he's arrogant

I think he's tactically poor

In game management is poor

Squad management is poor.

Stylistically dull to watch.

Excuses galore

Blames the players

A 1 trick pony who got his lightening in a bottle moment at Norwich.

I am entitled to my opinion

He is a really crap Jurgen Klopp with a touch of Jesse Marsch.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Farke will stay, 3 years payoff to roll the dice is too big a risk in our position.

He’s done well overall, but is worryingly limited tactically in his ability to change a game for the better.

Martin has given the league a template for supressing his teams. Has he any other ideas? I’m not so sure.
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

Cjay wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 11:54 pm I actually talk up basically every manager on day one as I usually do the opening post.

Didn't rate Farke at Norwich don't rate him now, so my not rating Farke isn't a new thing.

I think he's crap.

I think he's arrogant

Excuses galore

Blames the players

In fairness you've been pretty consistent with your perception of Farke. It's hard to disagree with any of this, we blew a golden opportunity big time.
Phild
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Phild »

On the fence with Farke.
However will say hardly his fault your 2 centre backs leave the divisions top scorer with acres of space on the edge of the box unmarked with hands up appealing for offside.
Incredible in my opinion.
Can’t be bothered reading too many threads at the moment so guessing someone has already commented on this.
Similar to the guy at Blackburn when he scored against us.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Irish Ian wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 11:03 pm Farke could walk away to a better job and we would then be in the s**t.

If he hadnt done so well we wouldnt be so disappointed by now.

Over the season he got more right than wrong

Imo
I think he'll be gone Ian.....at some point next season if not in the Summer.
Prisoner37
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Prisoner37 »

Those calling for a new manager, be careful what you wish for.

There is not a line of capable manager to pick from and if there were, there are two big unknowns with the Leeds job:
- will they 'get' Leeds.
- can they handle the weight of expectation.

Farke has taken us further than Bielsa in his first year and took over in the midst of chaos.

I and quite a few others on here said it was a two year job when DF came in and I'm happy to stick with that.

Would hate to see another managerial merry-go-round.

DF has improved a lot of our remaining players, albeit at a lower level.

Les Mes and Pascal's confidence was absolutely shot. Pascal as grown into a captain's role and Mes had the second best goals against in the league.

Dan James now has an end product and Firpo's has become less disastrous at the back and gave plenty of assists going forwards.

He managed the Gnonto situation well and got Jimmy to the Champo player of the season.

Archie has been given his chance and Rutter has gone from looking like Orta's worst buy (after JKA) to an entertaining, committed player with plenty of potential.

Paddy has of course remained an enigma.

Nobody can get recruitment right 100% of the time. But of those he brought in most people can see a future captain in Amps and Rodon has been a rock, just leaving his worst game for Wembley!

Gruev and Kamara have looked decent buys as squad players.

I'd say Piroe has been luke warm and DF hasn't been able to really solve the striker problem between Paddy, Piroe and Joseph but now has a close season to get to grips with that.

He has also managed the old guard out well with Bill onto Boro, that has been positive for both parties. Coops has been used well in a supporting role and was given what looks like a fitting goodbye in the heady atmosphere of the play-off semi final.

Given all the above I believe he has earned a second year and there is much greater risk going elsewhere.
hector

Post by hector »

Whilst I can see his achievements, and believe he handled the s**t show at the start of the season very well...

I can't get past the fact that he will not rotate players unless forced, and wasted the reserves... How many players have not played a full game, either in the first team or the reserves?

Stubbornly refuses to learn by his mistakes

Leaves substitutions until too late, and very often makes the wrong ones

When plan A is working, all is great, but once that stops.... he is fucked....
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Prisoner37 wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 6:43 am Those calling for a new manager, be careful what you wish for.

There is not a line of capable manager to pick from and if there were, there are two big unknowns with the Leeds job:
- will they 'get' Leeds.
- can they handle the weight of expectation.

Farke has taken us further than Bielsa in his first year and took over in the midst of chaos.

I and quite a few others on here said it was a two year job when DF came in and I'm happy to stick with that.

Would hate to see another managerial merry-go-round.

DF has improved a lot of our remaining players, albeit at a lower level.

Les Mes and Pascal's confidence was absolutely shot. Pascal as grown into a captain's role and Mes had the second best goals against in the league.

Dan James now has an end product and Firpo's has become less disastrous at the back and gave plenty of assists going forwards.

He managed the Gnonto situation well and got Jimmy to the Champo player of the season.

Archie has been given his chance and Rutter has gone from looking like Orta's worst buy (after JKA) to an entertaining, committed player with plenty of potential.

Paddy has of course remained an enigma.

Nobody can get recruitment right 100% of the time. But of those he brought in most people can see a future captain in Amps and Rodon has been a rock, just leaving his worst game for Wembley!

Gruev and Kamara have looked decent buys as squad players.

I'd say Piroe has been luke warm and DF hasn't been able to really solve the striker problem between Paddy, Piroe and Joseph but now has a close season to get to grips with that.

He has also managed the old guard out well with Bill onto Boro, that has been positive for both parties. Coops has been used well in a supporting role and was given what looks like a fitting goodbye in the heady atmosphere of the play-off semi final.

Given all the above I believe he has earned a second year and there is much greater risk going elsewhere.
Brilliant post :clap:

If only more of our fans were a bit more patient.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 7:09 am Whilst I can see his achievements, and believe he handled the s**t show at the start of the season very well...

I can't get past the fact that he will not rotate players unless forced, and wasted the reserves... How many players have not played a full game, either in the first team or the reserves?

Stubbornly refuses to learn by his mistakes

Leaves substitutions until too late, and very often makes the wrong ones

When plan A is working, all is great, but once that stops.... he is fucked....
My main concern, not keeping bench players match-fit.

Quite honestly, I believe our bench is weak apart from Dan James, who once proved again what an asset he is to our squad.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Phild wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 12:43 am On the fence with Farke.
However will say hardly his fault your 2 centre backs leave the divisions top scorer with acres of space on the edge of the box unmarked with hands up appealing for offside.
Incredible in my opinion.
Can’t be bothered reading too many threads at the moment so guessing someone has already commented on this.
Similar to the guy at Blackburn when he scored against us.
Ampadu made a huge mistake for their goal, our captain was absolutely devastated at the final whistle, I felt Ethan's disappointment. :(

So, should we chuck out one of our players on the scrapheap, because like Farke, our players make errors?

Let's face it, the wrong Leeds turned up yesterday, not the one that slammed Norwich or beat Leicester & Ipswich twice.
Ben Scooby lufc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Ben Scooby lufc »

I cannot choose from any of the three options above and this is due to the need to see how Daniel Farke performs as a manager half way through the next season.We are going to need to see if we are in a challenging position earlier on to even begin to consider this. It's football and snap discisions always include sacking the manager so early on. :!:
I'm very dissapoined :evil: as I really did believe that we would win promotion through an Automatic placement at the very least! So when we dropped into the playoffs it was a kick in the balls and not only just the fans but our players began to underperform?? We struggled with set pieces all season? and Some of Dan Farkes substitutions were perhaps quite poor decisions for example when Patrick Bamford was lacking his strikers touch why was Mateo Joseph not starting as another option. Gnonto should have made more starts

Positives included Daniel Farke getting very good performances from our younger players. Gnonto and Summerville, and Dan James all performed very well. :fire: :fire:
Will we be able to keep the key players from this season?

Promotion is very important every season. We must gain promotion the next time round and try to make it easier on ourselves M.O.T Leeds, Leeds, Leeds,.
;-) Yeboah against Liverpool :!: :!: Crossbar and in. :love: :love:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 6:33 pm Farke does have those attributes ... To start with Paddy lead the line for both. Creswell is a goal scoring CB. Bamford/Rodon/Ampadu/Piroe/Cooper are all experienced campaigners... As was the unused Roberts, no one forced Farke to use Gray as much as he did, No one forced him to start Ampadu in defence and not have the experienced Cooper as CB next to Rodon.

Farke didn't let our best dead ball player in Firpo take many FK's and corners ... when he did they were very dangerous. Roberts another good corner taker.
No he doesn't. Farke didn't acquire all the players he wanted in the short period of time he had to build a squad last summer, due to the fact we had no owners in place after the season had begun.

Paddy was unfit for the first part of the season, he did brilliant for us in January & February, which gave us hope as we chased down Ipswich & Leicester. His form dipped somewhat & then an injury ruled him out for final matches.

Like Ayling, Cooper's days at Leeds were numbered, we witnessed his deficiencies when he played in some games.

Rodon is 26yo, but the our main core of our first-team are 23yo or under.

Losing Pascal, was the reason, why Farke placed his trust in Ampadu playing alongside Rodon. Many on here were posting that Rodon/Ampadu was our best CB partnership in a long time.

Archie has shone for much of the season, we looked a more balanced side when Gray played at RB

I have no evidence, Firpo is our best dead ball player or Roberts corners kicks are as good you think they are!

Have to say, even though Summerville wasn't at his best, I was surprised he subbed Summerville & Firpo off, both have been potent down the left this season.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Cjay wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 11:54 pm I actually talk up basically every manager on day one as I usually do the opening post.

I think he's crap.

I think he's arrogant

Excuses galore

Blames the players

Your opinion of course but you have a low opinion of every manager who comes through the door, finding fault with them in the knowledge that one day they will fall short and then you can satisfy yourself that your viewpoint is the right one.

Every manager has failings,even the best ones.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Irish Ian wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 8:19 am Your opinion of course but you have a low opinion of every manager who comes through the door, finding fault with them in the knowledge that one day they will fall short and then you can satisfy yourself that your viewpoint is the right one.

We have appointed some fiarly horrific managers to be fair
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

At the start of the season before DF was appointed there were quite serious concerns raised from some, about us being relegated from the Championship, and i must admit the thought had crossed my mind as well.

Next season i think we are serious contenders for winning the Championship.

Yet again, be v careful what you wish for.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

I think he's crap.

I think he's arrogant

Excuses galore

Blames the players

I agree with all this. He gets a pass with a lot on here because he seems likeable and seems a good man manager, but yes, his tactical nous, squad management and use of subs, are poor.
Allez les Blancs , Les Paons
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

I think also that Farke gets too much credit for improving some players like Gnonto, Summerville and James.

I think their perceived improvement is largely due to dropping down a division.
Allez les Blancs , Les Paons
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

IMG_9220.jpeg

5/1 anyone. Thought not.