Cheating saints robbed us of injury time

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
pandagirl
Ballboy
Ballboy

Cheating saints robbed us of injury time

Post by pandagirl »

I`m so angry, when we went into the 90, it wasnt till 92 min 20 seconds when play resumed

Then their keeper twice took about 60 seconds to take goal kicks

They delayed big time over throw ins

Then their player right at the end faked going over

Should have been four minutes of extra on TOP of the 90s not just the what was barely 2 min on top of the 90 that we were given

Yes it wouldnt have changed things but southampton played so dirty, literally every single opportunity to sap the life out of the game!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Re: Cheating saints robbed us of injury time

Post by YorkshireSquare »

pandagirl wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 4:07 pm I`m so angry, when we went into the 90, it wasnt till 92 min 20 seconds when play resumed

Should have been four minutes of extra on TOP of the 90s not just the what was barely 2 min on top of the 90 that we were given

Yes it wouldnt have changed things but southampton played so dirty, literally every single opportunity to sap the life out of the game!

We had a couple over what was actually held up.

If you want to be pissed off, be pissed off at our team for not turning up again. We can;t complain about a few minutes at the end when we've done nowt for 100!
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

pandagirl wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 4:07 pm I`m so angry, when we went into the 90, it wasnt till 92 min 20 seconds when play resumed

I had at least 2 more minutes on my watch tbh but in reality we needed two more matches 😂
pandagirl
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by pandagirl »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 4:14 pm We had a couple over what was actually held up.

If you want to be pissed off, be pissed off at our team for not turning up again. We can;t complain about a few minutes at the end when we've done nowt for 100!

I am not excusing the team, and yes before the norwich game last week, we had been absolute dog shYyt for a couple of months i agree

But we did not play that badly today, just cant hit a barn door, and bamford is not the answer either (would have been worse with him)!

My point though is we were due 3 and a half to 4 min on top of the 90, not just barely the extra 2 min
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

We lost around 4/5 minutes due to the clash of heads. 87 minute mark to the 92nd IIRC
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
pandagirl
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by pandagirl »

The Subhuman wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 4:45 pm We lost around 4/5 minutes due to the clash of heads. 87 minute mark to the 92nd IIRC
AND game didnt resume till 92 min
and southampton wasted at least another 90 seconds on goal kicks and throw ins and a fake injury

should have played for another 2!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

pandagirl wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:30 pm AND game didnt resume till 92 min
and southampton wasted at least another 90 seconds on goal kicks and throw ins and a fake injury

should have played for another 2!
I agree, but it would have made no difference and we waste time when we're in front ....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
pandagirl
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by pandagirl »

My point wasnt that the robbed minutes cost us the game, we cost ourselves the game
Norwich aside weve been awful when leicester literally handed us the a 2nd spot on a plate, every single opportunity we could not capitalise
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

pandagirl wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:43 pm My point wasnt that the robbed minutes cost us the game, we cost ourselves the game
Norwich aside weve been awful when leicester literally handed us the a 2nd spot on a plate, every single opportunity we could not capitalise
Which is down to the manager imo ... I might have an annoyed moan in game about the amount of added on time but time wasting is something every team does. Does it need cutting out? Absolutely but it's tolerated in the game these days
hector

Post by hector »

I remember sniffer regularly getting booked for time wasting in the 70's
pandagirl
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by pandagirl »

hector wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 6:39 pm I remember sniffer regularly getting booked for time wasting in the 70's
lets be honest though
its for the best we didnt go up, it would have been heart breaking week in week out to see us get battered
bamford is just not the answer

we go again, 24-25 is our year
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Post by Sean_Nile »

Jaydog wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 4:14 pm I had at least 2 more minutes on my watch tbh but in reality we needed two more matches 😂
You are correct if you think of a progression.
3-1, 2-1, 1-0, (0-0, 0-1)
PhoenixUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Cheating Saints? I don't think so. Can't quibble at the scoreline. They played on the counter, got their noses in front through a horrible mistake at the back, Meslier made a fantastic save to stop us going further behind, and then the rest of the match, we were pedestrian, lacked any creativity, had no penetration and did not bother their keeper in the slightest. They were better man for man across the park.

So the Championship it is for next season. Can't say I'm that disappointed - better that than going up to be cannon fodder in the Premiership. One thing is for certain. There will be huge upheaval in the playing squad and possibly a case of deja vu at the start of the season. There's a lot of sorting out to do. Again.

Maybe it's time to get shot of the slippery Angus Kinnear? Not sure what his role is but he lingers like a bad smell!

It's debatable in my mind whether Daniel Farke will still be there. He might decide to move onto pastures new, the Owners might give him the bullet or there might be one of those "mutual consent" decisions. I'll ne neither shocked or surprised at any of those scenarios. Football, as they say, is a funny old game .........
Keep The Faith MOT WAL