Proper club

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
StanleyBowles
Ballboy
Ballboy

Proper club

Post by StanleyBowles »

Hello, QPR supporter here, living in london. I wanted to say a few words after watching the game. I am 55, in 1972 when I was 7 my uncle who I adored, was a Leeds supporter, so i became a Leeds supporter. I remember crying like a baby watching the 73 cup final. My b'stard of a step father told me I should support a London team. His team was Arsenal. There was no way I could support them! The most popular kid at school supported QPR so I thought, mistakenly, that if I support OPR I would be popular. QPR will always be my team. The reason for this message, is I want anyone that is hurting, which there will be many, take something from my words. Leeds United are a proper club, Man City, no, Chelsea, dont make me laugh. Pain is temporary, history, cannot be changed. Be proud, wipe the tears and stand firm. Sorry if I went on, I just felt I had to say something.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Proper club

Post by whiteswan »

StanleyBowles wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:15 pm Hello, QPR supporter here, living in london. I wanted to say a few words after watching the game. I am 55, in 1972 when I was 7 my uncle who I adored, was a Leeds supporter, so i became a Leeds supporter. I remember crying like a baby watching the 73 cup final. My b'stard of a step father told me I should support a London team. His team was Arsenal. There was no way I could support them! The most popular kid at school supported QPR so I thought, mistakenly, that if I support OPR I would be popular. QPR will always be my team. The reason for this message, is I want anyone that is hurting, which there will be many, take something from my words. Leeds United are a proper club, Man City, no, Chelsea, dont make me laugh. Pain is temporary, history, cannot be changed. Be proud, wipe the tears and stand firm. Sorry if I went on, I just felt I had to say something.
Great to hear from you Stanley. And welcome. I am Leeds utd supporter from the Revie era. We do have a great history that I find is a burden to some players. They can't handle the pressure.
Leeds can be your second team.
Would love to hear from you when we play your team...or anytime
Thank you for your very kind words :scar1
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Oh....and I'm a rarity on here. A girlie.
SaintWill70
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by SaintWill70 »

I am a Saints season ticket holder, 23 home and 6 away games notched this season and what a f**king season, i'm exhausted.
I was there today and I'm sorry guys it had to be one of us (master of the obvious). We were both pretty dreary I thought in the main, and to be honest if that one goal was all it took it was hardly a classic. You rattling the crossbar was a bum squeaker for us, put on the whole I hate to say it you weren't really much of a threat but then again neither were we.
A bit of a nothing game really after a long ass season and all I know is i need a rest from football and I decided that on the way up, win or lose lol.).
Listen, there's nothing I can say as I know what it feels like and anything else would just sound like hollow bullshit anyway, and f**k me we've had our bad times and in many respects we were probably the worst of the four on balance at the end. West Brom could have done us and Norwich always gave me the willies, but on the day I suppose I had to go to one of the four and on balance I guess we lucked it.
I only signed up here to have a bit of a chin wag before the game, so I'm going to sign out and wish you all the best. Maybe see you next season or we might be swapping places, who knows that EPL is mental.
Cheers and hope you all get home safely.
Last edited by SaintWill70 on Sun May 26, 2024 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SaintWill70
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by SaintWill70 »

StanleyBowles wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 5:15 pm Hello, QPR supporter here, living in london. I wanted to say a few words after watching the game. I am 55, in 1972 when I was 7 my uncle who I adored, was a Leeds supporter, so i became a Leeds supporter. I remember crying like a baby watching the 73 cup final. My b'stard of a step father told me I should support a London team. His team was Arsenal. There was no way I could support them! The most popular kid at school supported QPR so I thought, mistakenly, that if I support OPR I would be popular. QPR will always be my team. The reason for this message, is I want anyone that is hurting, which there will be many, take something from my words. Leeds United are a proper club, Man City, no, Chelsea, dont make me laugh. Pain is temporary, history, cannot be changed. Be proud, wipe the tears and stand firm. Sorry if I went on, I just felt I had to say something.
Nice words too. Total respect for that.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Saw Stan a few times at Loftus Road ..great memories
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

SaintWill70 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:10 pm I am a Saints season ticket holder, 23 home and 6 away games notched this season and what a f**king season, i'm exhausted.
I was there today and I'm sorry guys it had to be one of us (master of the obvious). We were both pretty dreary I thought in the main, and to be honest if that one goal was all it took it was hardly a classic. You rattling the crossbar was a bum squeaker for us, put on the whole I hate to say it you weren't really much of a threat but then again neither were we.
A bit of a nothing game really after a long ass season and all I know is i need a rest from football and I decided that on the way up, win or lose lol.).
Listen, there's nothing I can say as I know what it feels like and anything else would just sound like hollow bullshit anyway, and f**k me we've had our bad times and in many respects we were probably the worst of the four on balance at the end. West Brom could have done us and Norwich always gave me the willies, but on the day I suppose I had to go to one of the four and on balance I guess we lucked it.
I only signed up here to have a bit of a chin wag before the game, so I'm going to sign out and wish you all the best. Maybe see you next season or we might be swapping places, who knows that EPL is mental.
Thanks for the post mate 👍.

I was there yesterday, and have to say it was all very friendly. We went in on the train from Gerrards Cross, talking to a few Saints fans, all very knowledgeable and friendly.

I actually stayed for your trophy lift (yes really), and walked back down to the station with a few of your fans. Again, all very friendly.

Enjoy your next season in the Premier League 👍
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

Welcome Stan, and thanks for the kind words. You can still support Leeds while in London :)

As for QPR, I think you have a gem of a coach there. Might be the best in the Championship. With other coaches potentially getting poached, retaining him needs to be your top offseason priority. Good luck!
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

SaintWill70 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:10 pm I am a Saints season ticket holder, 23 home and 6 away games notched this season and what a f**king season, i'm exhausted.
Welcome Will! And thanks for the kind words. I think Southampton, of the three promoted sides, have the best chance of staying up. You’ll have a stable coaching situation with a good coach (I don’t like Martin much, but I rate him strongly). You’re one of two sides with PL quality players. And you won’t have a points deduction :). I’d place bets on you being the team to survive next season….good luck up the there!
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United